June 26, 2024, 06:50:00 AM

News

Medallions   

longnine009

• Trade Count: (0)
They'll be asking for food stamps next
August 14, 2008, 02:27:08 PM

Dear Valued Customer,

On your next bill, the monthly fee for your AT&T Long Distance Service plan will be billed in advance. This means that each month, your bill will reflect the charge for your upcoming month of AT&T Long Distance Service. Please note that your next bill may include two charges: one charge for your upcoming month of service, another charge for your previous month of service. The monthly fee for your AT&T Long Distance service plan will not change.

These monthly charges will be located under the Monthly Service section of the bill.

If you have any questions, contact AT&T at 1.888.757.6500

Sincerely,

AT&T Online Services 
Can

KurtS

Re: They'll be asking for food stamps next
August 14, 2008, 02:44:35 PM
Please note that your next bill may include two charges: one charge for your upcoming month of service, another charge for your previous month of service.

Feh...are they overlapping billing periods somehow?  ???  >:( This sounds like a bookeeping game to either make money off you upfront, or make their earnings look larger.  Shouldn't we be charging them interest?

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
August 14, 2008, 08:41:46 PM
This is why I refuse to use AT&T services.   Thank someone for High Speed Digital Cable, Internet, and Phone.

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

scottishmoney

August 14, 2008, 11:49:50 PM
It is a money grab on the part of their accountants.  Instead of looking at the increased fees as a liability for services they owe you, they look at it as forward revenue.  Money grab, yes.  Not ethical, yes, but a lot of companies do it now.

I ditched AT&T a couple of years ago and went with a digital service that comes with the cable.

longnine009

August 15, 2008, 12:15:32 AM
I sent them a reply saying "Don't hold your breath waiting." This is what they sent back. Notice the "case number?" Pretty funny. Why don't they give themselves a case number since that's what they give to welfare bums.  Or maybe they already have one with the FCC?

Hello longnine009,

Thank You for your online inquiry. 

This automated response is to let you know your message has been
received on 8/14/08.  An AT&T representative will contact you as soon as
possible. Should you need to refer to this e-mail in the future, your
case number is 17158823

You can also find quick solutions to common problems and answers to
frequently asked questions online.  Visit us online at
www.support.att.com.

We appreciate your patience and  thank you for choosing AT&T.

Please do not reply to this message. 

Sincerely, Consumer Internet Response Team

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 02:03:25 AM
Don't you love it when companies tell you nicely to go F*** yourself? :o

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
August 15, 2008, 05:56:42 AM
This may also have something to do with the fact that the company has a new president, and they're moving their company HQ from San Antonio to Dallas.  Maybe they need the money to pay the moving company!

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 06:50:17 AM
This may also have something to do with the fact that the company has a new president, and they're moving their company HQ from San Antonio to Dallas.  Maybe they need the money to pay the moving company!

Why don't they just move over to New Delhi?

KurtS

August 15, 2008, 11:01:14 AM

I seem to recall our local ATT DSL CS is outsourced to India. I spoke with a nice, patient person who was clearly long distance and had an Indian accent.  Maybe that was still here in the states?   ???

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 11:42:26 AM

I seem to recall our local ATT DSL CS is outsourced to India. I spoke with a nice, patient person who was clearly long distance and had an Indian accent.  Maybe that was still here in the states?   ???

We had Vonage for about a year, until last year when the router they gave us crapped out, then after repeated calls to New Delhi, and waiting a week, and still nothing we ditched them.  We have learned to play the phone companies against one another, shopping around and telling the others the price the others are offering and seeing if they will beat, they usually do.  You know they are reaming you when the prices are negotiable.

KurtS

August 15, 2008, 11:49:14 AM
You know they are reaming you when the prices are negotiable.

Which suggests the "value" of their services. LOL...they'll get by with those high monthlies if nobody takes them to it. 

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 01:48:40 PM
You know they are reaming you when the prices are negotiable.

Which suggests the "value" of their services. LOL...they'll get by with those high monthlies if nobody takes them to it. 

An amazing percentage of people just bendover and take it up the &$$.

longnine009

August 15, 2008, 02:31:09 PM

Yeah, these new corporate clowns always have "Great Expectations." I had their  long distance plan for $4 a month. I didn't need it anymore once I got a cell phone but I kept it as a sort of back up. Now they want to play games? Fine,  I called them this morning and told them to shove it. Last month they raised the price of the Not in Directory so I canceled that. Now they're  getting $7 a month less from me. If enough people do that, they'll become the Sears of telecommunications. Wish I was rich enough to gamble on short sell.

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 11:51:27 PM
I will warn you of one thing else with Vonage, they never got the 911 thing to work if you had an emergency, we found that out a couple of years back when I called 911 when my wife took suddenly ill and had to go to the hospital.