April 28, 2024, 11:21:09 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

Pet Set Excaliber to Launch
October 11, 2007, 06:47:25 AM
Well I may have mastered the calendar at last. The Pet Set Excaliber will launch on October 19th. The first recipient will be........? It is a secret until the member posts its arrival at his/her home and from there it will journey the world. We will attempt to ship Excaliber every two weeks from member to member and at this time we will leave it up to the member in possession where it goes next. It is important though that we ship out of country by every 6th turn of possession. This will keep the set moving around the world and racking up the miles!!! If you have ideas or comments feel free to post them here as we are about to launch.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Humpybong

Re: Pet Set Excaliber to Launch
October 11, 2007, 10:30:05 AM

Well I am glad someone has mastered the calendar, I am still trying.

Exciting times for the first receiver of Excaliber, just do not forget we ant pictures posted of Excaliber on tour.

We are slowly working our way around the castle, finding new things and welcoming new members.

"Oh what a feeling"

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
October 11, 2007, 08:26:17 PM
Hopefully each recipient of the Pet Set will take a picture of the set from a vantage point which shows some geography that the set is visiting.  Then, the picture could be sent along with the set to the next recipient.  In addition, perhaps Tecno-Knight could set up a little picture gallery, and one area could be for the set pictures.

Also, what about sending a coin along to the new recipienent as a gift.  Just an idea.  I don't know that it would need to be something a sender would be obligated to do.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Humpybong

October 11, 2007, 11:58:50 PM

Great Idea about sending the next receiver a coin.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

October 12, 2007, 12:32:16 AM
I like the idea of throwing a little gift in with the set. Actually the shipping on the wife, kids and dogs will be a killer but.....?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Madspec

October 12, 2007, 10:26:17 AM
Twoshadows

That is going to far, you can't ship the dog.

madspec

SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty

Offline TwoShadows

October 16, 2007, 03:25:14 AM
Okay so the dog stays here! I know someone who wants to get rid of a pony!

The Pet Set Excaliber has been laser engraved and is now going to get its finishing coats, this afternoon if all goes as I have planned, and the coins will go back into the set tomorrow or Thursday. Friday morning it wil be launched on its never ending world tour! The clock is a tick'in and we are a burn'in daylight! Saddle up its almost time for this quest to begin!

And the first knight to receive the set will be.......? I am sure he/she will let us know when it arrives. There is a reason for this particular trip and I will explain later! Don't want to kill the element of surprise!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

October 17, 2007, 12:21:25 AM
The finish is on, the set dried and taken back apart for final gluing which will be done in the next few hours. There is now a possibility the set will launch tomorrow if I can get it boxed up and ready to ship. I think a bubble mailer would work but for these first runs I will place it in a box. It is important for everyone to remember SIGN the scroll before passing the set on and if you wish to include a token (gift) for the next receipient feel free to do so. I will try and seal the box in such a way that it can be cut open and reused a few times simply by re-taping and adding new addresses. Peel the old postage off as we might as well get some miles out of the box as well!!! We will keep a list of Pet Set Excaliber visits and miles in another thread!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

October 17, 2007, 10:49:02 AM

C'mon Terry...tell us who the lucky one is......we are all waiting at the mailbox.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

October 17, 2007, 01:03:42 PM
I will in due time! I am sure everyone will understand once I explain my reasoning.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
October 17, 2007, 06:37:49 PM
I'll bet I know the lucky person, as well as the reasoning.

I won't say now, but will let you know if I'm right or wrong.

Offline Humpybong

October 17, 2007, 06:42:36 PM

Me 2......not that hard to guess

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

October 18, 2007, 04:09:17 AM
Its official! The Pet Set Excaliber has launched and is on its way!!! FINALLY!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

October 18, 2007, 04:30:01 AM
The first Knight to lay his hands on our PET SET EXCALIBER will be Old Dan! I wish I could have sent the set to all of you but one thing stood out for Old Dan. He bought and paid for the silver medallion #11 that would have went to Catman, Steve Kaden, had he not passed away. Steve is the only Knight that has left our world and Old Dan wanted the opportunity to commemorate his life and time with us by placing the medallion in the Pet Set. I/We agreed and so it has been done. A part of Catman will now travel the world as a representitive of the KOTCT and his memory will be forever served as a part of world numismatics.
For those of you who did not get the opportunity to know Catman I can assure you he was everyone's friend, a very sharing and caring individual that we ALL were proud to know and to call a friend! His sudden passing was a shock to collectors all over the world so we are using this opportunity to give him something back one last time! This one's for you CATMAN!!!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

October 18, 2007, 06:26:34 AM
And I might add the fact that Old Dan, me and many others were around when another forum got its start and the mere fact that their perpetual give a way set never found its way to Wyoming is hard for me to understand. Some of us got our start together at the old CoinWorld Forum and have stayed together ever since so hopefully this will right that slight error! We will just have to remind Old Dan to use the new mail when shipping the set out of Wyoming as the Pony Express doesn't travel too far or too fast any longer!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

October 18, 2007, 10:11:05 AM

CONGRATULATIONS OldDan......very very good choice.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
October 18, 2007, 02:00:01 PM
I am happy to say that my guess was 100 percent correct.  And, I'm pleased that it was.

Congratulations to Old Dan.

We will all look forward to learning about the Pet Set's travels!!