April 29, 2024, 02:45:51 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

Pet Set-----------Excaliber Sign Up List.
October 09, 2007, 02:37:39 PM
Soon our Pet Set Excaliber will begin its 2009 journeys around the world. It is time to sign up if you wish to be involved with this program. I am not real sure at this time how we will pick the next recipient to hold the set but would like to suggest that we try to stick to a 2 week visit at each members home until a later date so we can keep the set moving.
Also want to start a thread listing Knights and or Knightesses visited and the mileage incurred each trip and you all will have to help with that. I/We do not want to send the set to anyone who really does not desire to be a part of this so a sign up is required. Postage should be nominal but obviously will require more to cross the big pond. We will try to keep the set "in country" to cover as many members as possible before sending it on to another country but should make every effort to limit the sets time in any one nation. My thinking, at this time, would be a maximum of 6 members and then it must move to another nation. Six members for two weeks at a time and the shipping time involved would keep the set in any one nation up to approximtely 16 to 18 weeks so its important we do this in a timely manner .This will keep the set moving and the miles racking up. If you have something to add please make your comments in the other thread as this one is for sign ups only. Thanks!  More on the Pet Set Excaliber soon so until then lets sign up!!!

twoshadows *                    

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline TwoShadows

Re: Pet Set-----------Excaliber Sign Up List.
October 17, 2007, 01:10:44 PM
Well the set has been glued and re-screwed and is standing in front of the box I picked up today! If nothing urgent comes up the launch will be a day early and the PET SET EXCALIBER will be on its way. I would like for everyone to know that I would like to see the set again someday, after it racks up a few thousand miles, so I will keep my name in the hat!  It would be good to see it again down the road as I built the set for the CCF and donated 3 coins that went in to it and after it left me I never saw it again. Maybe I should have put in a required maintenance clause" You know to check the tires, tune up the engine, oil change and lube job?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

November 14, 2007, 03:17:27 PM
I am just a little amazed that only dozen members have signed up to host the Pet Set Excaliber since its initial launch? And, four of them have already hosted the set? Hopefully more of you will get on the bandwagon as our goal is to keep the set moving and we need volunteers to do just that. When you hold the set, see and sign the traveling certificate knowing the set will travel the world carrying a little piece of you, your home and your community it becomes a very memorable opportunity to say "I was a part of KOTCT and the international community of coin collectors"!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

November 29, 2007, 11:35:32 AM

Today's mail just in......Pet Set received.  Doesn't it look fantastic.

Will show it around Redcliffe over the weekend, then to Redcliife Coin Club Wednesday night, Queensland Numismatic Society Friday night....then pass it on to the next aussie who has signed up.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 29, 2007, 01:28:43 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

So happy it arrived safely.

Now it can rack up the miles on another continent.

I do hope all recipients will take and post pictures.  A few years from now that forum section could be a real favorite.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline TwoShadows

January 30, 2008, 12:47:25 AM
Hey Knights and Knightesses it is time for YOU to sign up to host the Pet Set as it is getting ready to leave Australia very soon. If your name is NOT on the list you will never have the opportunity to be part of this world wide traveling set. Just drop a line right here and be included in 2008!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

March 07, 2008, 11:44:57 PM
The PET SET EXCALIBER is currently vacationing in Turkey with RenaL but will be moving on again shortly. There is a great chance it could be coming to YOUR country next but YOU have to be signed up to host the set! Just post your desires here to go on the host list! Let's keep it moving as we are over the 21,000 mile mark already!!! ;)

Terry
Knight #1