Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Colorado Progress Report
November 11, 2007, 03:04:47 PM
The Pet Set seems quite content for the moment.

On Saturday we took it to the top of Grand Mesa, the world's largest flat-topped mountain.  The thin air seemed to make it a bit sleepy and the cool air caused a few of the coins to shake a little in their air-tites.

On Sunday we took a drive to see if any of the fall colors still lingered, and we ended up at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  Near miss here!  The Pet Set was placed on a boulder over-looking the canyon, and started to slide.  Luckily, we caught it before it could drop 2,000 plus feet.

Sometime this coming week we hope to take it to Ouray and Silverton, and perhaps the Colorado National Monument.  Pictures will be taken, and dsking has offered to scan them.

We have displayed the Pet Set, and made it available for others to look at. 

In a week or so I'll wrap it up and pull a name out of a hat, and ship it off.  Meanwhile, I think it is enjoying its stay here, and people who see it are enjoying the sight.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dsking

Re: Colorado Progress Report
November 11, 2007, 03:10:45 PM
Cute Gary!  So the Pet Set saw "The Blue" or just reached the Black Canyon of the Gunnison!  What a fun trip it's had.  It rested on my desk in Lakewood so it probably needed to see a bit more of our beautiful State.  Thanks for sharing it over there! But...watch those ledges, especially on "The Million Dollar Highway"! ::)

Offline TwoShadows

November 11, 2007, 10:51:42 PM
This was probably a practice run for when I arrived in Colorado on my next vacation west? I will look up Burkes Guide service for sure but I am NOT posing on any ledges with a slope!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

dsking

November 12, 2007, 02:15:38 AM
Blood loss just south of Wyoming?  Now what would OldDan mean by that??? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 12, 2007, 08:12:29 AM
The Pet Set hasn't yet seen the "Blue," but will soon.  Also, I think it will love the Million Dollar Highway, and the waterfalls, when we go to Ouray and Silverton.

Terry, When you finally come visit us, maybe we can take a ride over passes via jeep trails.  If you survive that, you can survive most anything.

I do think the Pet Set is getting a little anxious to see some new territory, but we would like to keep it for another week or so.

;D ;D ;D ;D

djluster

November 14, 2007, 02:03:42 PM
Ya I think just a little bet Northwest would be great to Lovely Kuna(Boise) Idaho. But I know that set probebly wants a long flight to some warmer weather

Offline TwoShadows

November 15, 2007, 06:28:27 AM
Kometfan may be her new name but Kyra and her henchmen are alive and well!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 15, 2007, 07:40:44 AM
Soon.  I promise.

Thought this weekend we would visit the San Juans, and then the Pet Set will be on its way.

:) :) :) :)

Offline TwoShadows

November 15, 2007, 09:24:28 AM
Coud you get some middle aged BEAUTIFUL Colorado women to pose with the set? And, of course, we would like the Rockies in the background!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 15, 2007, 09:47:11 AM
At least part of your wish will be granted.

I have had trouble lately with the female population.  I have been very open about our KOTCT, and the word has spread around the neighborhood.  The "word" has also included Old Dan, and what a charmer he can be.  I'm constantly being bugged by damsels who want Old Dan's address, and so far I have remained steadfast and told them "nope."

Anyway, I'm not sure I can choose between all the beautiful middle aged damsels who would want to be part of the picture.  On the other hand, the Rocky Mountains don't have much of a choice.

So, the mountains will be in the background.  We'll have to wait and see about the damsels.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Humpybong

November 15, 2007, 10:54:59 AM

Maybe we need to set a time limit for the holding of our Pet Set.

CCF allows a month but maybe that is to long, maybe a week is to short,  how about a couple of weeks.

I know when and if I get it I would like to take it to my coin club meetings.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 15, 2007, 03:44:02 PM
Barry,

Are you suggesting I've kept it too long?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Humpybong

November 15, 2007, 04:34:13 PM

No.....not long enough.   You want to have time to enjoy it.

Some have received it one day and within a couple of days have passed it on.

I would take it to my coin clubs (all three of them) and they meet the first wednesday of the month, the first Friday of the month and the 3rd Friday of the month.   If I only had it for a few days how could I achieve this.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 15, 2007, 05:39:32 PM
Good point Barry.

If it's like the CCF traveling set, odds are we will only have it once.

You mentioned coin clubs.  Boy, I wish we had some.  When I was a kid (10 or 11), our community had one and I found it very entertaining.  Today, I don't know if one exists in all of western Colorado.

Offline TwoShadows

November 15, 2007, 11:00:47 PM
Basically nothing is set in stone concerning time limits. I just don't ever want to see this set get hung up for months because someone doesn't have the money to send it on. There are people here who would assist if necessary when it comes to mailing costs. I know the CCF set got stranded twice for weeks and weeks.
And, if more people don't sign up I will get to see the set again sooner than I think and quite honestly I would like to be a recipient after the set has a few thousand miles and names on the certificate. Hopefully down the road it will return to its place of origin for a visit!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 16, 2007, 10:21:33 AM
Tentative plans are to get it in the mail next Monday or Tuesday.

The Pet Set has enjoyed western Colorado, but I notice lately it seems a little antsy.  Probably ready to see new sights.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 17, 2007, 01:33:14 PM
The Pet Set is ready to hit the road.

Today we headed for Ouray and points south.  When we reached Ouray we learned of a storm warning between Ouray and Durango.  There are monuments dedicated to snowplow workers who were buried in avalanches on the Million Dollar Highway, so we decided not to chance it.  So, we turned around and headed for home.

Pictures were taken of the Pet Set, with the San Juans in the background, and dsking has offered to download them.  So, in a week or two they should be available to look at.

However, the Pet Set has had enough of western Colorado, and is ready to move on.

A little later this evening, I will pull a name out of a plastic storage box, and that person will be next in line for the Pet Set.

It has been fun, and MountainLady and I enjoyed the set.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 17, 2007, 02:56:45 PM
I dipped into my plastic storage bin and pulled out a name.  The new recipient of the Pet Set is..........Barry!!

I will have the set in the mail as early as Tuesday, but possibly Wednesday.

So, from western Colorado to the Land Down Under, the Pet Set will soon be on the way to Australia.

Offline AdamL

November 17, 2007, 04:17:59 PM
I would just like to say that I think this pet set thing is an awesome idea. I just hope I get a chance to show it to the Show-Me State some day.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline Humpybong

November 17, 2007, 05:44:57 PM
You little beauty...bonza cobber...that is fantastic.

Can hardly wait, will post pictures as we go.  (Hope I am the only Barry here!)

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

November 17, 2007, 11:15:53 PM
Probably a couple of type 0s and he meant TERRY! Now all we have to do is figure out which Terry lives in the Australia, Indiana address?  ;D

I do believe the gang down under will take good care of our pet and I can't wait to get an updated photo of MY SNOOBA! Sorry Old Dan you can't have them all!!!

AdamL you MUST sign up to receive the Pet Set Excaliber and at this time you have NOT done so? See the "sign up" thread!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

November 21, 2007, 12:11:08 AM
Gary you will have to let me know how far it is from Delta to Barry's location in the great down under so I can adjust the mileage accordingly.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 21, 2007, 12:22:57 PM
Wednesday, November 21, and the Pet Set is on its way to Barry in Australia!!

;D ;D ;D ;D