April 27, 2024, 09:55:32 AM

News

Medallions   

edix

• Trade Count: (0)
WTTF/WTB: '09 Summer Seminar silver tokens
July 18, 2009, 03:57:04 PM
I'm looking to obtain any silver versions of the tokens struck during
ANA summer seminar this year made by Joe Paonessa and George Cuhaj.
I have similar small private mint items available to trade, or coins in
trade or will purchase.

Thanx!

Graphic of three types of summer seminar tokens:

Offline Templar

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.

FLORENCE SCHOOK WAS A MEMBER OF OUR COIN CLUB IN DETROIT--SHE WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDERS---I WILL LOOK INTO THESE TOKENS AND SEE IF I CAN OBTAIN ANY---WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET MORE INFORMATION--
         YOUR SERVANT---THE TEMPLAR

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

edix

Nice to hear that there is still a coin club in Detroit. Remember the old saying: Will the last person to leave Detroit, please turn out the lights.

Yes, the ANA Summer Seminar has just been renamed the Florence Schook School of Numismatics. This is part of the structural changes the newer ANA board has been initiating.
I attended Summer Seminar last year and would recommend that any collector at any level attend, for it is a lifetime rewarding experience.
Joe Paonessa and George Cuhaj ran minting classes and demonstrations this summer, including hand striking and screw press operation. They also had other metal shop tools on hand, like a metal strip roller and a hole punch for making blanks.
It seems that what I am looking for are the silver pieces that were hand struck, ancient Greek style. But only those who attended summer seminar are likely to have them.