April 28, 2024, 10:03:39 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline AdamL

My Pet Set pics part ONE.
July 31, 2008, 02:23:58 PM
Part one: The lake.
Well, I've had the Set for a while ( Maybe too long. Sorry :()
So, I thought I should take it for a short trip in Missouri and get some pics. Didn't really know where I wanted to take the set. Decided I'd head north, where it is pretty much the middle of nowhere. But there is a bit of nice country-side, and some quaint little towns. As We ventured further and farther north, I realized we weren't very far from Cannon Dam. Cannon Dam creates Mark Twain Lake, out of the Salt River (one fork of which originates at Teal Lake, right by my house). There is an observation tower there overlooking the dam. Its a beautifull view. And, since its always deserted, I figured it would be easy to get a nice shot with the Pet Set set up at the top of the tower. It turns out that there were cars for miles. We've had major flooding here in the midwest, and hundreds of people turned out to watch them let massive loads of water out from the dam. There were news crews there and everything, and theres normally no people around for miles. It was crazy to see the water completely overtake the valley. They even evacuated 30 families because their homes may be overtaken by the water. I didn't get any pics of it because there was nowhere to park. So we went to Buzzards Roost. A camping and picnic area overlooking Mark Twain Lake. The pics I'm going to post are of me and the Set there. Normally these would be on a huge cliff, but the water is so high, its not so huge. Alot of people jump off of the cliffs into the lake, which isn't wise. In fact, they'd have to be completely crazy to do it. Well, maybe not completely crazy. I jumped off the cliffs a couple times when I was younger, and I was only about 80% crazy. Anyway, sorry if these pics of me and the set are a bit redundant. By the way, its called Mark Twain Lake because Mark Twain (Real name, Samuel Clemens) the famous auther, was born on what now is the banks of the lake. These pics at Buzzards Roost are about a mile from the house where he was born and the museum that is there now. More about that in a future post. Thanks for looking!

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Re: My Pet Set pics part ONE.
July 31, 2008, 05:33:34 PM
Nice pictures.

Great additions to our Pet Set picture collection.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Humpybong

July 31, 2008, 06:57:22 PM

Good to see the 'Pet Set' in capable hands.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Tobyle

July 31, 2008, 08:43:14 PM
Enjoyed the pics, AdamL

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
July 31, 2008, 09:26:32 PM
^_^

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)