May 01, 2024, 03:53:30 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline Humpybong

Members departing the castle
September 29, 2021, 04:13:36 PM

Received the following from a long timemember:

I hope you are doing well. I'm just writing to inform you that I wish to be deleted from KOTCT membership.
This hasn't been about coins in quite some time, and Mr. Carr's medals seem to be the majority of discussions here.
So, I am resigning from KOTCT. I wish everyone well.

I would have to agree with him, have not seen any decent dicussions oncoins or banknote for a long time.
COVID has left its mark also, no one longs on to say hello and show coins anymore.

How many members have we lost to COVID.

If yoy are still around and log in just reply here and say hello so we will know you are stillalive.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

The following users thanked this post: TKO, AdamL, Redlock, Zoins, ZoidMeister

Offline Kena

Re: Members departing the castle
October 03, 2021, 09:11:38 AM
I am about and do log in on a regular basis.  I am not really that active in any of the forums that I am member of.

Kinda boring on the UK coin collecting front, too many not for circulation coins being made.

No commemorative £2 coins for circulation since 2016 and for the 50 pence coins 2020 brought us the Diversity Built Britain and Brexit coins.

Offline Turtle

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Love all things that are Daniel Carr‼️👍🎯
October 07, 2021, 04:32:41 PM
I am a big Carr fan, but you gotta admit there was not much of anything being posted here in a long time before I started posting about Dan‼️I was hoping that would bring back some life to the club. I’m for posting about all coins, and subjects. I was hoping everyone would start posting again, and really use this site the way it was created for....... not just for Dan’s stuff‼️

🐢Turtle🐢

The following users thanked this post: Mackinac, Cheezhed, ZoidMeister

Offline ZoidMeister

October 08, 2021, 07:39:28 AM
I too check in from time to time, but not on a daily basis.

I have been working to complete the full series of minted items from Jared Grove's site - Grove Minting Company.

https://groveminting.com/newmarket/

As irony would have it, this year's commemorative piece, the 1955 Lincoln Cent Doubled Die, was also engraved and minted by Daniel Carr. 

I have diligently been searching for the two most difficult of his pieces (difficult in quantity - price is another matter) - the Copper and Nickel 2015 Thalers.  JUST TODAY I received both copper and nickel to add to my brass and silver Thaler's, thereby completing the four piece set - only 50 sets possible.

The last three pieces I need are the two 2017 Gasparro Liberty Dollars in silver, and of course, the 2019 Gold Stella (also minted by Daniel Carr).

Zoid

The following users thanked this post: Dwhiz, Turtle

Offline Dwhiz

October 10, 2021, 08:49:26 PM
The same here as ZoidMeister. I check in every now and then.
Here is the my "Stella" by the moonlight mint

The following users thanked this post: ZoidMeister, Turtle

Offline Dwhiz

October 10, 2021, 08:50:38 PM
By the way the "STELLA" is not for sale

The following users thanked this post: ZoidMeister

Offline Cheezhed

October 15, 2021, 05:08:34 AM
I'm here and would never ask to be deleted activity or not. All is well and I enjoy my coins from the Vatican!

Greetings and Salutations!

Offline Rich1792

October 15, 2021, 02:56:43 PM
Check-in to the goings-on from time to time.. :)

The following users thanked this post: Cheezhed, Turtle

Offline SirStacksALot

October 18, 2021, 11:31:11 AM
Over the years, I have met quite a few interesting people here that I consider friends.  I have quite a nice collection of coins from around the world, many from members that no longer stop by.  As life has gotten busier for me I find a lot less time to sort coins, and go to coin shows, but I value the people I have met here as much as ever.   I find the people here to be genuine and good.  For me, I've collected coins, tokens, medals, hobo nickels, cobs, and even some challenge coins over the years.  I think and hope all of those collectables have a place here, I think they all cross over quite a bit.  I do appreciate the postings of the Daniel Carr medals, and I also miss the amount of posts we had in the past from coins from around the world. There were some very interesting posts about things like Cobs, and other cool coins. There was a great variety.  I will try to do more to post cool things that I come across.

The following users thanked this post: Zoins, Cheezhed, Turtle

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
October 26, 2021, 11:19:03 PM
I'm still alive and log in every now and then just to see what's going on.  I too have made many friends on this forum. Some no longer post and some have passed on to the great coin collection in the sky. :(

Stay safe everyone.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

The following users thanked this post: TKO, Cheezhed, Turtle

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
October 27, 2021, 10:15:38 AM
Hi everyone!  Still into coins, just not as much as I used to be (mostly due to a lack of time; kids tend to do that!)  Hope everyone is doing well!

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline ZoidMeister

October 27, 2021, 10:10:31 PM
A little Thursday eye candy.

Offline Turtle

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
October 29, 2021, 03:32:08 PM
Nice‼️‼️🎯🎯👍👀🎯👍👍‼️‼️

🐢Turtle🐢

Offline ZoidMeister

October 30, 2021, 11:13:23 AM
More eye candy.

Z

The following users thanked this post: Turtle

Offline Turtle

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
October 30, 2021, 11:19:54 AM
Love it‼️‼️🎯👍👀‼️‼️

🐢Turtle🐢

Offline Eringobraugh

May 21, 2022, 02:22:40 PM
I still check in from time to time..not much going on!!

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline jshaulis

May 23, 2022, 01:08:04 AM
Your post is literally the most excitement I have seen since I joined....and its about leaving...  :-[

Offline Cheezhed

May 23, 2022, 03:25:10 AM
Still here and posting Vatican coins

Offline AdamL

June 14, 2022, 02:16:19 PM
I'm still alive! :)
My coin collecting got (mostly) set aside for some 8+ years while I had other things going on and usually not much money.
I've been back to being an enthusiastic collector (Mostly U.S. coins, but not all) for about a year now. I've logged in a couple times prior to this. And also noticed the lack of coin discussions.
I'll keep checking in from time to time, and maybe participate in some discussions if there are any to be had.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline Oih82w8

September 07, 2022, 12:59:31 AM
There never seems to be enough time in the day, between two jobs trying to keep up with the economy, I am also guilty of not participating like I want to.  Be well my fellow Knights!

oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

Offline ZoidMeister

September 07, 2022, 04:02:08 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how to add "full size" images.  I just uploaded  the KOTCT Signature Medal to the Gallery.  It's taken me a while, but I finally secured one!

Z

The following users thanked this post: Zoins, Oih82w8, Cheezhed, Turtle

Offline Cheezhed

September 14, 2022, 01:04:39 PM
Lovely coin.

The following users thanked this post: Oih82w8, ZoidMeister

Offline ZoidMeister

September 17, 2022, 10:21:12 PM
I was also sucessful in securing its mate.

Z

The following users thanked this post: Zoins, Oih82w8, Cheezhed

Offline RenaL

March 30, 2023, 12:32:44 AM
I am also alive and well.
Had a long hiatus to my online activity and have focused my coin related efforts into a smaller area; namely the Turkish Republican Era (1923~) coins.

will try to check up the forum more frequently

The following users thanked this post: Oih82w8

Offline Zoins

March 30, 2023, 03:05:51 AM
I am also alive and well.
Had a long hiatus to my online activity and have focused my coin related efforts into a smaller area; namely the Turkish Republican Era (1923~) coins.

will try to check up the forum more frequently

Thanks for posting again. I love seeing coins from different countries.

Turkish coins are really interesting. I would love to some of those coins! I visited Istanbul and Ephesus many moons ago and Turkey is in the news often so it would be great to see.

I posted a German coin here and will post a few more. I'm also a student of history and have a big interest in the hyperinflation period, for both coins and notes.

http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=6198.msg61688#new

The following users thanked this post: Oih82w8

Offline Zoins

March 30, 2023, 03:27:41 AM

Received the following from a long timemember:

I hope you are doing well. I'm just writing to inform you that I wish to be deleted from KOTCT membership.
This hasn't been about coins in quite some time, and Mr. Carr's medals seem to be the majority of discussions here.
So, I am resigning from KOTCT. I wish everyone well.

I would have to agree with him, have not seen any decent dicussions oncoins or banknote for a long time.
COVID has left its mark also, no one longs on to say hello and show coins anymore.

How many members have we lost to COVID.

If yoy are still around and log in just reply here and say hello so we will know you are stillalive.

COVID has been horrible to many people around the world. I have lost family members to it so everyone be safe. Hopefully it is fading farther into our rear-view mirror now. People at risk I know still play it very safe.

It's great to have discussions on the Dan's medals and it's great they have become popular. At the same time, it would be great to continue the Castle's tradition of discussions of coins, notes and other numismatic items from around the world. There have been a number of good discussions lately on US coins, German coins, and hobo nickels so things are looking up. I really loved looking at the Dansco 7070 that was posted by Dwhiz and the die clash by Oih82w8. Let's keep the Castle alive and post our love of all things numismatic!

The following users thanked this post: Humpybong, Oih82w8

Offline Cheezhed

June 08, 2023, 04:55:48 AM
I'm still here!

Offline Eringobraugh

July 16, 2023, 03:55:24 PM
Well,Im still alive anyway and check in from time to time....havent really been collecting much lately

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte