Medallion Quests > 2020 Medallion Quest

Significance of each design element of the reverse of KOTCT medals?

(1/3) > >>

ZoidMeister:
Folks,

I know that each coin design is a story told through engraved dies and striking.   Our beloved KOTCT medals have one of the more intricate and fetching reverse designs that I have seen.   I am sure that each element was selected and included to help tell the story.   I just know that there is more to the story than meets the eye.

Does anyone have the "backstory" to the design of the KOTCT medals reverse?  Surely someone has information on how it came into being?

Looking forward to any and all information.

Z

Gluggo:
I see no one has answered your inquiry.  I myself do not know how the reverse came about but I am sure there is a good story behind it.  I do not think Dan talked about this when I went to his shop for a Open house last year or so ago.  I would recommend if you have the time it’s well worth.  At the time Dan was getting ready to produce the whole batch of the very last batch he has made so far for this club “ The Witch “. Hopefully we get one this year.  I want to say Covid made it tough for everybody.  Dan actually thinks he caught it shortly after our visit during the Super Bowl.  Zion and I went there and we had a blast! 
Nice job on your quest to buy all DC (woof)work!   Very impressive keep up the good finds.  I was watching the sword go on EBay I did not bid on that one, or you might not of got it!!!!😎. (Joke).

Gluggo:
Here is one of my more colorful ones!

TKO:
TO know the exact details of the reverse side shield you will need to pester Daniel Carr. Back in the day, just as much info was communicated through our chatroom as their was in posts. He and many others threw out their ideas and low and behold the design was set. Below is a legacy post by Daniel discussing the reverse die.

--- Quote from: D. Carr on September 17, 2008, 10:42:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Twoshadows on September 17, 2008, 08:32:18 AM ---Now I do like your "worldly" reverse Daniel. I would suggest something that will be a part of our organization forever such as Old Dan's statement, "In Each Knight We Shall Trust".
Looks like we are getting there and I do agree we should stick with a design to cut reverse expenses from here on out. Changing the obverse will be undertaken next year so we can worry about that design then!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Midnite:
Is there a way to acquire one of these medals?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version