April 28, 2024, 05:15:39 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline SirStacksALot

Counterstamped Nickels for KOTCT treasury
May 27, 2014, 04:50:39 AM
Up for auction are two rolls of counterstamped US nickels (and 6 bonus nickels).  All proceeds go the KOTCT Treasury, and payment will be be made directly to Terry (TwoShadows).  Shipping cost will also be paid to the treasury, and stay with the treasury at the actual cost to ship.

The first roll of nickels are 2005 US Nickels.  They the front is stamped with a speech bubble that contains the letters FSP. The stamp on the reverse is stamped with a small porcupine.  There is a group in New Hampshire called "The Free State Project" who's focus is to keep the state as free as possible and convince people to move there. I personally think the porcupine stamp is very cool looking, and the speech bubble looks cool too.

The second roll of nickels are 2012 P US Nickels.  The front is stamped Ron Paul 2012, and the reverse is stamped End The Fed.  These were stamped for the 2012 elections in the US.  Ron Paul is a US senator who pretty much runs for the US presidency about every election. 

Both of these nickel types were stamped and spent into circulation. I'm guessing most of the were taken back out of circulation when spotted by a collector. 

The other nickels in the picture will also go to the winner, so they can keep the rolls intact if they choose to do so. Good luck and happy bidding  :D

Offline Humpybong

Why are you not bidding.....if you don't bid then I get the nickels for my collection.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • My happy day : date of registration July 12, 2008
I would like but I dont know shipping to Slovakia. It will be probably expensive. I like those countrestamped Nickels. I dont understand exatlly but when I bid 11 US dollars then I will pay 11 + shipping. Am I right ?

:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Offline Humpybong

Yes that is correct Eric.  You will need to pay your bid plus shipping

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
So Mr. Jim, please try to tell me how much is sipping to Slovakia for those counterstamped US nickels.

Offline SirStacksALot

Erik, I would guess that it would be between $10 to $15 dollars to ship to Slovakia without tracking. Last time the tracking to Slovakia was kind of pointless since it stopped after the package left the US. I will pay for the shipping and you would match the cost of the shipping as a donation to the castle treasuary.

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
I think without tracking will be OK, because I received many packages from US friends without tracking and I received all. Please how many nickels are in roll ? If I win then I hope I would to sell some in Slovakia.

Offline SirStacksALot

There are 40 nickels ia in a roll, the winner will receive over 80 counterstamped nickels. Thanks for bidding :) Good Luck

Offline SirStacksALot

Congratulations Erik, the nickels are yours. I will let you know how much the shipping is after I send them out. You grabbed a great deal.

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Thank you Mr. Jim. Please send me PM. I will pay with paypal but I need to help how I have to do it.

Offline SirStacksALot

Sounds good Erik,  I will let you know the total, but the payment will go to Terry (TwoShadows).

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Payment sent. It was 31,76 USD with Paypal fee. Thank you Mr. Jim for all knights.

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
The package was received safely. Thank you very much for extra silver tokens and buffalo nickels. Nice surpise.