Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
2008 Medal Distribution
January 30, 2009, 06:01:34 PM
I retired from teaching eight years ago, but have continued my work as Sports Editor of the local newspaper, and now am in my 40th year at the job.

The point is that I am busy with my sports job from Friday until late Monday (often times early Tuesday).  Therefore, mailing out of the medals can't start until Tuesday.

Other than work, my only other problem is reading the Knight/Knightess Number on the edge of the silver medals.  I'll have to find someone with far better eyesight to do that for me.

I will use this page to list who the medals were sent to, and what day they departed Delta, Colorado.  I will start with myself.  Actually, the nine medals I purchased were not just for me, but for family members also: MountainLady (Wife), BurkeM (son), MitBurke (son), and (MedicMichelle) daughter.

Medal Distribution

Date                Member

01-30-2009       CoinCrusader42
02-04-2009       Tpatna, Glendale, AZ, $2.36
02-04-2009       Edix, Houston, TX, $2.36
02-04-2009       KurtS, Sunnyvale, CA, $1.51
02-04-2009       Auldfartte, Albuquerque, NM, $2.36
02-04-2009       TKO, Greensburg, IN, $2.70
02-04-2009       Twoshadows, Greensburg, IN, $4.95
02-05-2009       Longnine009, Fort Lauderdale, FL, $1.17
02-05-2009       OldDan, Glenrock, WY, $1.34
02-05-2009       EllyKitty, San Antonio, TX, $2.36
02-05-2009       MitBurke, Greeley, CO, $1.34
02-05-2009       Garfeld, Greensburg, IN, $1.51
02-05-2009       AdamL, Mexico, Missouri, $1.17
02-05-2009       rggoodie, Plantation, FL, $1.17
02-05-2009       Topher, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, $2.86
02-06-2009       Dumanyu, Grand Island, New York, $1.85
02-06-2009       Nohope, Stafford, TX, $17.30
02-07-2009       Templar, Livonia, MI, $1.85
02-07-2009       RenaL, Istanbul, Turkey, $17.80
02-07-2009       Paint Your Wagon, Belgium, $13.80
02-09-2009       Erik, Slovak Republic, $2.20
02-09-2009       skisnowmass, Carbondale, CO, $7.55
02-10-2009       Humpybong, Australia, $64.70  (Humpybong, Nevol, Sap, Yass, latman, justabeginner, triggersmob, Tobyle, Buda, Snooba, LordPercy, Muckeye, Brissyboy, Davidson).
02-10-2009       Twoshadows, Greensburg, IN, $3.04
02-18-2009       Goose, Minnesota, $1.50

Done!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline TwoShadows

Re: 2008 Medal Distribution
January 31, 2009, 01:47:30 AM
Well the Aussies get New Years first and NOW Gary gets the medallions first! ;D I just want Gary and Pat to take their time and enjoy the medallions as they go through their hands onward to destinations throughout the world. Now the Year of the Knightess has passed (do we still have to be nice to them) and we are facing a new dragon in 2009?

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
January 31, 2009, 02:58:00 AM
Looks like my drilling campaign is going to be cut short by a month so no need to hold off mailing my package until the end of Feb. When ever is convenient for you will be fine. My wife will be at home from now until the end of next month...

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline TwoShadows

January 31, 2009, 06:49:59 AM
Thanks for the update NoHope! Gary will be pleased to get each medallion on its way as quickly as possible. WE don't want him to get to attached to that herd of lions!!!

Terry
Knight #1

edix

January 31, 2009, 10:36:21 AM
Yes, Daniel Carr's edge lettering is kinda small at this point. I think he started edge lettering Sacagaweas as a spoof on the presidential dollar edge lettering. Perhaps he'll soon pick up a larger font.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 31, 2009, 04:27:42 PM
Great News!!

Daniel Carr has come through again.

Today, in between sports work, I took a better look at the medals.  Guess what?

Daniel has them numbered on the outside of the flips!

So, I won't need that outstanding eyesight to read the edge of the medals.

Hopefully, after my volunteer work at the hospital next Tuesday, I'll get the first bunch in the mail.

:) :) :) :)

Offline TwoShadows

February 03, 2009, 12:58:58 PM
Every time I look at my 2007 KOTCT medallions I get a very unique feeling. I have been doing so for the past year as I have them in holders, one above my computer and the other near the TV in the living room. I look upon them as a small miracle in my life brought together by a bunch of total strangers, from all over the world, who found they have a couple of things in common. First it was numismatics and secondly the home they formed and found together on the internet. With that in common they have went on to forge an identity and those medallions are a great part of that identity and common bond. I do hope I feel the same sense of pride and honor when I add my 2008 medallions to my collection.
I look at this strange bunch of names, almost daily, and realize they are people and families I have grown to know over the past few years. Friends I hope to someday meet but until then I know I can always find them here. How great is that?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 04, 2009, 11:21:33 AM
Check with the first post of this thread for information on shipping.

Please respond when you receive your medals.

It would be great to know you received them.  And, your opinion of them would be appreciated.

edix

February 05, 2009, 04:55:14 AM
omigod! I'm on the initial list of deliveries!
Heart palpitations!
Soon as I get them I'll likely scan them for posting.
Thanx a bunch CoinCrusader!

Offline TwoShadows

February 05, 2009, 08:33:45 AM
It will be interesting to see who gets the medallions first from this list! Indiana, California, Arizona, New Mexico or Texas! Darn we should have started a contest! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 05, 2009, 10:01:39 AM
See first post of this thread for up-date.

Offline AdamL

February 05, 2009, 12:11:15 PM
Woohoo! I see my name on the list. I can't wait to get my medallion. Hopefully saturday!

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Yass

February 05, 2009, 05:19:37 PM
Woohoo! I see my name on the list. I can't wait to get my medallion. Hopefully saturday!

Not if it's going to Mexico via Missouri  ;D ;D ;D LOL

Offline TwoShadows

February 05, 2009, 11:04:50 PM
Maybe we should mail all the overseas packages first, when we do the 2009 medallions, wait 7 days and then mail all the U. S. packages. We could start a pool to see who does get theirs first? Gary would have all those turtles lined up in his yard, ready to go, on the same day! I just hope we can get a photo of the start!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

February 06, 2009, 12:08:08 AM

Hey...where is the aussie lot?

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline TwoShadows

February 06, 2009, 02:26:43 AM
The Ausse lot is one HUGE package which will be mailed at the same time and I can assure you Gary is working on it!!! (We enjoy seeing you burst with anticipation some times!)  ;D Actually when it is all said and done Humpybong is going to have to do about the same amount of work that CoinCrusader has done. Looks like about 13 packages will be made up at Humpybongs castle on the water before hitching a ride on Humpy's OZ Turtle Service or are you using Kangaroos now?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 06, 2009, 08:58:46 AM
If I was completely retired, I would do ALL the medal mailings in one day.

Problem is sports work keeps me busy Friday through Monday night, and sometimes into Tuesday morning.  Several other obligations also.

I will start putting together the Aussie package (box) tonight.

TKO-100

February 06, 2009, 09:41:02 AM
Gary you do a fine job with the mailings! I honestly wouldn't want to do the deed.

And just be glad your into sports and not politics!

TKO

Offline AdamL

February 06, 2009, 03:21:55 PM
And just be glad your into sports and not politics!

Amen to that!

-Adam

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 07, 2009, 05:54:54 AM
Twenty packages mailed, three to go.

Goose, skisnowmass, and the big one to Australia.

Offline TwoShadows

February 07, 2009, 07:16:08 AM
I have forwarded skisnowmass's address but placed a call to him for a confirmation. Should hear from him in the next day or two. Also have emailed Goose up their in sunny and warm Minnesota but feel he might be goose hunting or gone south for the winter? ;D We will want to make sure Humpybong has all the addresses he might need. Did you package those Aussie medallions per order in that big package or will Humpybong need a copy of the orders? Just curious as I want to make this as painless on you volunteers as possible!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 07, 2009, 08:21:43 AM
Each individual Australian order is being placed in a sealed, clasped, envelope, with the name of the recipient on the outside.

Barry is certainly free to check the contents if he wishes.  I just want to be sure nothing spills out.

Interesting coincidence at our post office today.  The lady in front of me had a HUGE box for mailing to Australia.  She told me that it contained coins as well as lots of other items.  She registered it, and insured it.  Her cost?  $145.00.  Wow.  I'm sure we'll do a lot better than that.

Again, it's my hope the Aussie package will be straped to the turtle and tossed in the water on Monday.

Offline Paint Your Wagon

February 07, 2009, 09:20:31 AM
If I had to start the five last years allover again I would only use registered mail and selfinsure
I paid a fortune in useless insurance .

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 07, 2009, 10:33:57 AM
That's Twoshadows' advice also.  No insurance for packages leaving our shores, just registered mail.

Offline Humpybong

February 07, 2009, 01:57:22 PM

Better make sure the turtle is well fed, don't want it to sink and lose our medals     ;D

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 07, 2009, 02:57:04 PM
Good point.

As I complete the individual envelopes, I'm not sure the box I have is going to be big enough!!

Offline TwoShadows

February 07, 2009, 03:25:34 PM
It will be great to hear the turtle has found its way down under again. Got a lot of Aussie friends who are waiting patiently for their goodies!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 07, 2009, 04:11:51 PM
As of 10 p.m. Saturday night, every package, except one, is ready for mailing Monday.  We still need Goose's address.

Offline Humpybong

February 07, 2009, 10:18:27 PM

Excellent job CoinCrusader........you deserve a medal......no pun intended    :D

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 09, 2009, 05:22:11 AM
Two packages to go.

I am working on the Australia package (box) so that it will be approved by our post office.  Hopefully mailed later today (Monday).

And, still need an address for Goose.

Offline AdamL

February 09, 2009, 06:48:09 AM
I recieved my medal today. The silver proof that I ordered was well worth the cost, and then the gift from Mr. Carr is nice too. They are both beautifull!! Thanks to everyone who helped make this project happen.
I'm tempted to scan them and post them. But they're so perfect I kinda don't want to take them out of their flips and put them on my scanner.

-Adam

Dumanyu

February 09, 2009, 11:37:50 AM
AL long last, they have arrived!!! ;D Just beautiful, I am so glad I got the 3 different type. I was just thinking last knight, wondering when they might show up. Thanks to all who made this possible. Now I just have to figure out how to display them along side the 2007 medals.

Offline TwoShadows

February 10, 2009, 08:35:59 AM
I guess I will never get over the fact 37 people made this medallion a reality and, quite frankly, very few folks will ever own them. When you look at the fact global production was a mintage of 138 medallions who can complain? Last years total mintage was around 165 if I remember correctly? I have seen coin clubs make silver medallions, in a limited edition such as these, and charge outrageous prices ($50 to $125 for each). As I/We said, this was not a money making project nor will it ever be. But if we can make a few dollars now and then to keep things up and running...well we can't ask for more than that. One thing is for certain, Daniel Carr could give the Mint some expertise in HIGH RELIEF striking!!! And to think HE did it on one of their old coin presses!!! ;)

Terry
Knight #1

edix

February 10, 2009, 08:41:05 AM
I'm still anxiously awaiting my delivery. Perhaps once the system hits Texas it slows down a touch.
Glad to hear about everyone else's excitement.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 10, 2009, 10:55:51 AM
edix,

We have yet to lose a package, either last year, or this.

However, I think yours was mailed on the first day of mailings, so can't explain why it's taking so long to get to you.

skisnowmass

February 10, 2009, 01:49:10 PM

Took time to get off the ski lift today and check the mail..... ;D

Wow!  Mr. Carr has done it again!  Can't decide which is my favorite.  The pewter is phenominal and I realy like the Copper Proof as it has a brilliance unlike any other.  However, the silver are just so elegant.   Thanks Crusader!  Great job shipping.  Do I owe you any additional $ for shipping?  Please let me know if I do!

Think Snow!

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
February 10, 2009, 02:04:34 PM
Mine arrived today, safely.  Thanks Gary for taking the time to send all of these out.

By the by; did anyone else notice their Pewter medallion struck off-centre?  In the photo you can see it best on the side with the Lady and the Lion-  the left hand side has a rim, the right does not.  It's mirrored on the reverse, but not as visible in the photo.

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

edix

February 10, 2009, 02:28:41 PM
Thanx for pointing out the off-centeredness. Please do report on any minting issues worthy of mention everyone!
BTW - You might image medals and coins better with light coming from top down, rather than from bottom up. Top down is more natural -- what we are used to seeing. or coming from the right or left, but not from bottom to top. I've learned that from experience.
Cheers, and congrats on first images of the new issue!

Dumanyu

February 10, 2009, 02:58:18 PM
I guess I will never get over the fact 37 people made this medallion a reality and, quite frankly, very few folks will ever own them. When you look at the fact global production was a mintage of 138 medallions who can complain? Last years total mintage was around 165 if I remember correctly? I have seen coin clubs make silver medallions, in a limited edition such as these, and charge outrageous prices ($50 to $125 for each). As I/We said, this was not a money making project nor will it ever be. But if we can make a few dollars now and then to keep things up and running...well we can't ask for more than that. One thing is for certain, Daniel Carr could give the Mint some expertise in HIGH RELIEF striking!!! And to think HE did it on one of their old coin presses!!! ;)

Two,
    I know what you mean. Being a member of USCC, we embarked on a medal making journey for the first time this year. I was on the "board" which helped implement a design and get it into production. The tough part was that USCC did not have an emblem, so we had to ask the membership to design one. Took time, and not without a few friendly disagreements. We got it done, and I'm proud to own a couple. As you say, very limited production run, and not many people have them.
    I am amazed however, how seemingly easy it is for KOTCT to get them into production with the design phase going so well. Props to all of you!!

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 11, 2009, 10:53:57 AM
edix,

I checked your address, and saw no problems there.

My post office receipt shows the following:

Houston, TX  77266
Zone-5 First-Class
Parcel
7.70 oz.
$2.36

Surely it will arrive soon.

Offline TwoShadows

February 11, 2009, 12:16:15 PM
After reading ElleKittys post I had to check my pewter medallions. Mine are not near off centered as the one she received. Apparently they may be far and few between. I do have in my possession what we might call official KOTCT errors as one was very very lightly struck with hardly no image and the other hit so hard it literally exploded open on one side. I am glad Daniel threw them in the package as examples of what he must go through finding the perfect medium when striking a medallion. Daniel apparently had to find the correct tonnage, which fell somewhere inbetween these two pewter medallions. Kind of gives us an idea that all metals, based on composition and size, must be tested to find that perfect spot and I can say, by admiring all the medallions in my collection, Daniel did find that perfect spot!

Sometime this summer I see one of these pewter "errors" becoming a prize winnings if we can come up with the contest!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 11, 2009, 03:15:42 PM
My pewter medal appears perfectly centered, obverse and reverse.

edix

February 12, 2009, 04:22:43 AM
I'm very happy to have received my medals today. I got working right away on the scanning so others could get a glimpse. Both the design work and the minting are spectacular. Daniel Carr could give the old Danbury Mint a run for its money now. You may notice at about ten and eleven o'clock on the pewter medal that I've got a little bit of a "knife edge" or "fin rim" going.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
February 12, 2009, 05:54:28 AM
What does the legend under the shield translate as? 

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

edix

February 12, 2009, 06:12:01 AM
What does the legend under the shield translate as? 

In Each Knight We Shall Trust
Thread where it originated

Offline TwoShadows

February 12, 2009, 09:14:45 AM
Edix was just joking Nevol! I believe it means, "Nancy will get her's last!" ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Topher

February 12, 2009, 11:54:54 AM
Medals arrived safely in Canada.  Wow.  I'm speechless.  I look forward to the next installment, the only problem is I've grown attached to those giant Pewter ones as well!

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 12, 2009, 12:04:23 PM
Happy to hear that edix and Topher received their medals.

So far, so good.

Hope the turtle and the kelpie reach Australia soon.

Offline TwoShadows

February 12, 2009, 12:54:25 PM
Topher I know exactly what you mean. 63mm medallions are NOT high on my list. Big, bulky, hard to store away and BEAUTIFUL! The relief on those huge medallions is nothing short of fantastic. One thing is for certain I/We can't stop in the middle of a series! Good to know they were well received in our northern neighbor of Canada.

Terry
Knight #1

edix

February 12, 2009, 01:26:32 PM
Happy to hear that edix and Topher received their medals.

Even tho' Houston is the fourth largest US city, it's stuck over in one corner of the Gulf Coast, which seems well off the beaten path, for the USPS at least, at times.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 12, 2009, 02:50:38 PM
The 63mm medals were my favorite last year.  They are my favorite this year,

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
February 13, 2009, 07:25:31 AM
Received and e-mail today from home to say a rather large package had arrived from Colorado. So its safe to assume my Medals will be there waiting for me when I return home.

I will update the reserve inventories once I have hit the beach...

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline TwoShadows

February 14, 2009, 06:46:42 AM
Nohope I am looking forward to hearing your opinion on this years medallion.

Terry
Knight #1

longnine009

February 14, 2009, 10:18:49 AM
Daniel did a wonderful job with this. The Matte finish rocks!  :)

Davidson

February 17, 2009, 02:39:42 PM
Hi,

I've noted mine has been posted out on the 2nd Feb. I'll let you know when I've actually got it. Ta. Davidson.

edix

February 17, 2009, 04:07:08 PM
Hi,

I've noted mine has been posted out on the 2nd Feb. I'll let you know when I've actually got it. Ta. Davidson.

Don't you mean February 10th to Australia (c/o Humpybong)?

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 17, 2009, 06:44:16 PM
edix is correct.

Mailed February 10.

Been enroute for eight days now.

Should arrive at Barry's any day.

Offline Humpybong

February 17, 2009, 10:01:01 PM

Waiting.....waiting.....waiting.........waiting

Hope that turtle did not stop in Hawaii for a few days R & R ......

;D

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Erik

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • My happy day : date of registration July 12, 2008
February 18, 2009, 01:30:26 AM
Yeeeeeeessssss :D :D :D :D :D :D
Today I have received the best beautiful medal !!!!!! THANKS   YOU   VERY   MUCH    TOBYLE  !!!!!  It is really amazing copper medal.
I proud to be in this castle.
Good lucky everybody !!!
Thanks again.

:D  Our castle is the best coin place on the world :D

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 18, 2009, 01:21:42 PM
I'm leaving for Denver on Thursday to cover the state high school wrestling tournament.

Will return on Sunday, and sincerely hope that by then the turtle has come ashore in Australia.

Offline Paint Your Wagon

February 18, 2009, 11:51:55 PM
Depending weather they went east or west they should pass the northsea and Belgium. I have somebody at the northsea watching the waters
but apart from oiltankers nothing in sight  ;D

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
February 19, 2009, 07:23:35 AM
Depending weather they went east or west they should pass the northsea and Belgium. I have somebody at the northsea watching the watersbut apart from oiltankers nothing in sight  ;D

It'd good to know that you're trying to monitor their progress for us  ;D ;D ;D
Be sure to advise us if/when they're sighted.  ;)  :)  :D  ;D  :o  8)  ::)  :P

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Humpybong

February 19, 2009, 12:14:19 PM

"The turtle has landed"

Caught him swimming up the Brisbane River this morning.

Will have most of the medals in mail to Knights today.

All will be sent by Express Mail

...they look bloody fantastic!

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline AdamL

February 19, 2009, 03:21:36 PM
Woohoo!  ;D I'm thrilled that they safely arrived in OZ.

-Adam

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
February 19, 2009, 04:27:41 PM
Great news. With all the rain that they have had in Queensland, I wasn't sure if the Turtle could swim against the flow.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline Paint Your Wagon

February 19, 2009, 11:59:22 PM
I got the medal today
Being a non collector  I had not realised it would be sent in a flip instead of a regular coin holder with black insert
Now I will have to find a shop somewhere for one coinholder

Offline TwoShadows

February 20, 2009, 08:22:56 AM
I put mine in airtites so that they can be displayed or held without fear on fingerprints or scratches. I do enjoy looking at them from time to time.

Humbpybong it is really GREAT to hear customs is so generous towards our turtle freight system! Do look forward to hearing from our members down under!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

February 20, 2009, 09:49:32 PM

OK all have been posted except one set.

I need Davidson's address, can anyone supply.

Please send me a message

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

TKO-100

February 21, 2009, 01:14:57 AM
Hats Off to CoinCrusader once again!

Goose

February 21, 2009, 08:38:16 AM
I received my medal today....just magnificent! Thanks to all! Goose

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 22, 2009, 10:27:55 AM
Just returned from Denver, and you can't imagine how HAPPY I am that the turtle arrived while I was gone.

Something Humpybong didn't tell you is that I could have made his job much easier by having the packages ready to mail when they reached Austrailia.  I didn't.  And to Barry's credit he didn't give me a hard time about my lack of consideration.

I thought I had e-mailed all my Australian addresses to Humpybong, including Davidson's.  Perhaps not.  I will send it in a few minutes.

Again, I am so pleased that it appears we are 100 percent successful again this year regarding deliveries.

Hopefully we will have a 2009 medal, and get an earlier start this year.

edix

February 22, 2009, 10:43:04 AM
Thanx a bunch, your chivalry knows no end!

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 22, 2009, 03:12:33 PM
Many thanks to Gary, Barry, Terry, Edix, Daniel and anyone else who was involved with the 2008 medallion quest.
I just received mine today and they are absolutely stunning. The Pewter and Antiqued copper are my favourites.

Also thanks to Twoshadows, for the 1884-O morgan.
That's a terrific looking coin. I promise I will give it
a good home.

AdamL, I also received the Nickels, thank you very much.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 23, 2009, 08:08:52 AM
Just a brief footnote.  It's February, 2009, and I still haven't seen a 2008 nickel in circulation!

Offline AdamL

February 23, 2009, 09:08:25 AM
Just a brief footnote.  It's February, 2009, and I still haven't seen a 2008 nickel in circulation!

I'm telling ya, they all got shipped to Missouri  ;D

-Adam

Yass

February 23, 2009, 10:06:19 AM
My 2008 medals have arrived.  A magnificent set.

My favourites are the Pewter and the antique finish.
I prefer the matte to the proof silver
and the proof to the matte copper

Having said that, I would be pleased to own any one of them.

A big thank you to all involved, from the US to the Australian connection.

Offline TwoShadows

February 23, 2009, 02:03:06 PM
It is said all good things take time. Given the fact we have such a talent as Daniel Carr with us the finished product is well worth the wait. This is a group effort as it takes everyone of us to make it happen. Thats what makes this castle so special.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 23, 2009, 08:33:21 PM
One final thing to do. Didn't we have an extra medal to sell on e-bay?
I would be interested to see how much it sells for.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

tyjulie

February 23, 2009, 11:06:20 PM
medals arrived.
steve you are correct.
it was shipped to me but was to stay in the usa
so when we think it is the right time i will ship back to the usa to be sold.
the funds will go straight into the forums coffer.
ty

Offline TwoShadows

February 24, 2009, 08:02:24 AM
Well Buda you may have to KEEP that extra you are talking about as I have an extra 63mm Pewter, one satin copper and one antiqued copper lying right here beside the computer. But, I don't have a silver!  ;D
It will probably be interesting to see what one would bring but I/we want to make absolutely sure everyone received their order before thinking about parting with any extras!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline RenaL

February 26, 2009, 08:05:30 AM
Mine arrived today.

They are great!!

I tried to take some pics:

63mm Pewter

Silver Proof

Copper Proof

Copper Antique

Offline RenaL

February 26, 2009, 08:27:48 AM
Here's the page where I have put every medal and woodie on display.
http://sites.google.com/site/cointurk/Home/world-coins/koct-medals

I will post the 2007 wooden dollar once I get it(Terry, you know what I mean :P)

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 26, 2009, 09:10:48 AM
Renal, you might want to add this one to the collection...

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline RenaL

February 26, 2009, 09:18:22 AM
Thanks a lot Steve, That's the first time I see that woodie.

I'll put that one right away.
(when I right click on the pic and select "show image" it pops up in original size;))

Offline Eringobraugh

February 26, 2009, 10:44:35 AM
RenaL.....Good tip about clicking view image,it does work

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 26, 2009, 07:53:56 PM
Doesn't work for me.  :(

"Show image" is not a highlighted option I can choose.

Renal, you put the wrong year on the 2008 woody, in your gallery.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

LordPercy

February 26, 2009, 08:05:44 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been able to frequent the Castle as often as I would have liked over the past few months. I've been involved in a rather tedious work project which is taking up most of my spare time. Still a couple of months to go but I'll be popping in whenever I get the chance.

My Medals have arrived. They are fantastic! Thankyou everyone for all the effort that you've put in getting them to me safely. I do appreciate it. I'm sorry that it has taken me a few days to advise.

I will return!

Offline RenaL

February 26, 2009, 10:47:25 PM
You're right Steve, I have skipped one, thanks for the heads up.

Now it should be fixed.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 27, 2009, 12:46:51 AM
Renal, I just realised the 2007 Brass is missing also.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 27, 2009, 12:47:57 AM
and the reverse..

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline RenaL

February 27, 2009, 01:24:48 AM
:)

Thanks, is that a satin finish?

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
February 27, 2009, 09:59:02 AM
Yes it is.

I thought I had a 2007 woody, but I can't find it, so I guess I don't have one of those either.

Renal, I have a spare 2008 woody, if you need it.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline TwoShadows

February 28, 2009, 06:49:12 AM
To all of you who have voiced concerns a NEW PATCH has been installed by TKO that should put all the photo's opportunities BACK to where they were. Sorry about the problems the past few days. Just keep in mind WE are always reading and listening. Thanks TKO for your behind the scenes silent workings!!!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

March 03, 2009, 01:10:10 PM
HAS EVERYONE RECEIVED THEIR 2008 MEDALLION ORDERS? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Sap

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • The Numismatichemist
March 03, 2009, 06:46:53 PM
Sir Humpy hand-delivered mine at the coin club meeting last month. 8)

KoCT #21

The early bird gets the worm, sure, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Humpybong

March 03, 2009, 11:41:27 PM

Still sorting out an incorrect address problem between latman (in Australia) and Davidson (in Nauru).

Will have the Australian deliveries (and Nauru) fixed by end of this week

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
March 04, 2009, 07:28:57 AM
Received mine on Tuesday.  They're great!  ;D  Love them all!

They did arrive a little later than others, but that was strictly my fault, no-one else's.

Thanks to Gary & Barry for taking care of delivering the little beauties.  :D :-*

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

March 04, 2009, 08:05:49 AM
Barry will you have the medallions needed to correct both orders? I want to make sure everyone gets their medallions. Let me know!

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle

March 04, 2009, 06:53:31 PM
Sorry, haven't had access to a computer for a while ......I HAVE received my medallions - thanks to all concerned. I love them!

Offline Humpybong

March 04, 2009, 09:47:21 PM

Terry...yes will have correct count and the silver number medals will be correct once a swap is completed.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator