May 18, 2024, 11:22:33 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

Fund Raising Coin Auction
January 21, 2008, 11:28:54 PM
Oh the PAIN!!! I have decided to do the unheard of and do hope I can still keep my reputation intact!
I am offering up two rolls of 2005 Buffalo nickels, both mint marks P and D, in uncirculated condition for this auction. :'(
These were only produced for 6 months and were part of a 4 nickel series.
I can ship in plastic tubes or in unopened bank rolls, whichever you may prefer. If you want to start a herd of buffalos in your home now is the chance to get them from someone who NEVER parts with buffalos! For those of you who may not know our rolls consist of 40 nickels with a face value of $2 and the current retail for unopened rolls will be $4.50 and up. I will have to check on shipping costs, both first class in the US and airmail to a foreign country as, at this time, I don't have a clue so be prepared to pay actual shipping whatever that may be. This auction will end on February 2, more commonly called GROUND HOGS DAY here in the states!  ::) So do it for the HOGS!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Tobyle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fund Raising Coin Auction
January 21, 2008, 11:56:38 PM
Tobyle ....... OK - I'll start with $10

Offline TwoShadows

January 22, 2008, 01:53:19 AM
Well Old Dan I am doing my part (very small) as my wife claims I have WAAAAAAAY too many rolls of 2005 Buffalos tucked away. Imagine that? Well to be quite honest she claims they are a tad bit heavy when she cleans a certain area of the house so I have kind heartedly agreed to lower the weight considerably by two rolls? A true gentleman and a Knight of honor, so to speak? This will do until I can make room in the gun safe, at which time, I will tell her I have gotten rid of some more! I suppose she will find them after I up and croak but until then they will be out of sight and out of mind!!! Just part of the price one has to pay for being a dedicated and loyal husband? Oh, and she doesn't know I am now bidding on some of the classic Indian/Buffalo nickels in unc. as they are not showing up around here (coin shops) so I need to get some more before they are all gone ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

January 22, 2008, 09:22:19 AM

I will bid - $11.00

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Tobyle

January 22, 2008, 09:24:14 AM
$12

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
January 22, 2008, 10:07:22 AM
I'd really like to get in on the action here, but what am I gunna do with 2 x 40 coins all the same?  I don't collect rolls.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline TwoShadows

January 22, 2008, 10:51:02 AM
Nevol thats part of my problem. My wife knows I don't collect rolls either!!! ;D I might mention there was a considerable error coin discovered in the 2005 Buffalo nickel (Denver Mint) called the "Speared Bison" and NONE of my D Mint rolls have ever been opened!!! I did purchase 3 of them during the course of all the HYPE and glad I did as they have virtually disapeared from the Ebay scene and seldom see a dealer advertise one. Don't know how many are out there but a figure in 2005 put them in the 900 to 1000 range. While most were found in southeast Texas, if I remember correctly, one never knows whats lurking in an unopened roll!!! :o  Hows that for a little hype?

Terry
Knight #1

tyjulie

January 22, 2008, 09:14:08 PM
$20
Ty

Tobyle

January 31, 2008, 09:52:28 AM
$21

Offline TwoShadows

January 31, 2008, 03:12:07 PM
Ground Hog's Day is drawing near!!! Got to load my gun as that critter is NOT seeing his shadow this year! I have had enough of this winter and I ain't going to let a 4 legged hog, who has slept through all this rain, snow, sleet and hail, stick his furry little head out his hole to see if the sun is shinning in his annual effort to bring on another 6 weeks of this weather! I thought the coyotes would have finally eliminated all those hogs by now?

None the less of Feb. 2 someone will finally do the unimaginable by buying two rolls of buffalo nickels from me! I didn't put a specific time so I will just say 12:01 AM on Feb. 2 ends this one!

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle

February 01, 2008, 01:31:21 AM
Maybe you'd better give us a countdown, Twoshadows!

Offline TwoShadows

February 02, 2008, 12:32:54 AM
3-2-1 ITS OVER!  Tobyle wins so we will have to exhange address's and ect..... I will get the buffalo ready for the trip down under!

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle

February 02, 2008, 10:17:23 PM
Fantastic! Twoshadows, I have very limited access to computer for next 10days, so please send PM rather than email with total amount including postage.
Thanks
Anna

Offline TwoShadows

February 02, 2008, 11:25:44 PM
I probably won't be able to get actual postage until mid-week so I  will get with you then.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

February 02, 2008, 11:30:27 PM
Hey Buda, my wife says I should offer you the two rolls of buffalo nickels as well. If you are intersted let me know as all proceeds will go towards the 2008 medallion project. Boy, my wife is really taking care of me!!!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

February 08, 2008, 11:22:26 PM
Hey Buda and Tobyle the best shipping deal is an even $11.00. I will need your current address, in the event your house is on wheels, as the packages are ready to go out. Let me know if this is acceptable. Thanks!

Terry
Knight #1

tyjulie

February 09, 2008, 04:53:52 PM
$32.00 us paid today

Offline TwoShadows

February 09, 2008, 11:39:54 PM
Buda your payment is here and $21 will go to the forum. Thanks!

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle

February 12, 2008, 09:18:40 AM
Payment transferred via Paypal ....... THANKYOU! I promise I will take good care of them when they arrive!

Tobyle

February 24, 2008, 10:25:13 AM
Terry,
The buffalos have arrived ..... all safe and sound, and settled in well to their new home! I'm having troubles though trying to refrain from opening that 'D' roll! But .....I won't do it!

Thankyou ........ Thankyou ...... Thankyou    

Offline TwoShadows

February 24, 2008, 11:29:07 PM
I know that feeling very well!!! Glad to hear the herd is safe and sound in Australia. Please send the turtle back as he has done his job well and I am going to need him again in the next couple of weeks. Don't want our turtles laying aound on the Aussies beaches chasing females! Send him home!

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle

February 25, 2008, 09:11:41 AM
Turtle has been well rested, fed and watered and will be ready to set out for his return journey tomorrow. (He is just going to lap up a little bit of sunshine before setting off again) He will be taking a slight detour on his return journey on behalf of Secret Bunny!

tyjulie

February 26, 2008, 09:11:51 PM
terry
the coins arrived today.
Thanks
Ty