May 19, 2024, 12:07:24 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

Anyone Collect Past Issues of Redbooks
November 07, 2007, 06:22:42 AM
I have a few Redbooks, recently discovered by my wife who is rapidly selling off tons of stored books on Ebay, which I thought I might offer here first? I don't have a clue what they are worth or what they would bring on Ebay as I have not checked so shoot me an offer.

1991 Rebook in hardback cover  (does have my name inside the front and back covers)
1999 Redbook in hardback cover
1999 Redbook softcover ring binder
2000 Redbook in hardback cover

If I ship by media mail (books) I think $5 should handle all 4 of them to addresses here in the U.S. Across the big pond will have to be actual postage and I would have to check on that.
Let me know as I will probably put these on Ebay within the next 7 to 10 days.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scottishmoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone Collect Past Issues of Redbooks
November 07, 2007, 10:59:14 AM
I have a 1947 in mint condition that I found at an estate sale about 8-9 years ago, for a whole whopping $1.

Offline TwoShadows

November 07, 2007, 11:16:35 AM
Scottishmoney I would have given a buck for that one! Was it the first printing or second? Just curious as I know what it is worth, or at least the book value!

Terry
Knight #1

dsking

November 07, 2007, 11:48:52 AM
My oldest is 1963 and it's interesting to compare the "prices" of today compared to then.  I would imagine that 1947 would be quite the eye-opener.  If we'd only known!  Ofcourse, I wasn't around in '47 and in '63 I was only 9.  I didn't know, in '63 that I was destined to inherit my wonderful Mothers lifelong collection. She did though!  Sneaky Mom I had!!!  ;)

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
November 09, 2007, 01:43:28 PM
Deb really makes me feel old.  I was a college junior in 1963.  That year, and the next, were the times I was going to my bank and and picking up rolls of real silver dollars to sort through.  Of the hundreds I looked through, I only kept about 20.  Darn!!

:) :) :) :)

dsking

November 10, 2007, 03:06:58 PM
If we only knew then what we know now! huh?

Offline TwoShadows

November 10, 2007, 11:27:28 PM
Yep! We would all be in jail!

Terry
Knight #1

LordPercy

May 28, 2008, 08:19:54 PM
I wouldn't mind an old Redbook. Would you post them to Australia? If any other Aussies are interested in one perhaps we could share postage costs.

scottishmoney

June 04, 2008, 12:51:44 PM
Scottishmoney I would have given a buck for that one! Was it the first printing or second? Just curious as I know what it is worth, or at least the book value!

Second printing, it was in a living estate sale, lady was going into assisted living.  The book is in mint condition as was everything she had for sale.  I even bought a still shrinkwrapped first pressing of "The Sound of Music" on a 78.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
June 04, 2008, 02:15:29 PM
I recently bought a 2009 Redbook from Susan on CCF.  It cost US$20.05 all up. The book was US$8.50, the rest was postage. AU$21.86.

I have a 2008 version if someone in OZ wants it.  As it weighs 502g, I think it'll probably cost around $9 - $10 for postage, so I'll sell it for AU$15.00 all up. 

If anyone wants it, just PM me.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

LordPercy

June 05, 2008, 08:56:27 PM
PM sent

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
June 06, 2008, 09:34:31 AM
LordPercy, PM received.  It's yours.  Reply PM sent.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline TwoShadows

June 15, 2008, 03:27:40 AM
Sorry for being so slow to respond but I have been a bit pre-occupied with other matters for the last few weeks. As for shipping to Oz I will send coins, books, cats, dogs, ponies, small cattle, kids and ex-wives regardless of cost. As long as terms are worked out ahead of time and everyone is comfortable with what is coming. Many times I will combine shipment to one collector way down there and they then will disperse the items to other collectors in an effort to cut costs. We will do whatever it takes to help our fellow Knights and Knightesses and to stimulate the economies of the world!!! ;D

Terry
Knight #1