May 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM

News

Medallions   

Dumanyu

• Trade Count: (0)
1820 SC Graubunden 1/6 Batzen for sale
October 26, 2008, 11:02:16 AM
I did it again. Went to a show and didn't bring the updated list. Bought one I already had covered for my OFEC list. Anyone need this coin? I paid $65.00 for it. I'll take $50.00 plus S&H. Anyone?

Tobyle

Re: 1820 SC Graubunden 1/6 Batzen for sale
October 26, 2008, 11:59:33 AM
I wish I could, but just at the moment finances are a bit shaky!

Dumanyu

October 26, 2008, 01:12:14 PM
I wish I could, but just at the moment finances are a bit shaky!

No problem, normally I'd just offer it up as a give away, and I know I owe you, but I'm just a little strapped for coin money right now. If I still have it by mid November, maybe I'll just throw it your way. Wait, lightbulb just went on over my head. My other Graubunden was less expensive, so if you send me your addy, I'll throw the other one your way. It's in VF-EF condition and is a 1842 1/2 Batzen. So unless you don't want it, the 1820 is off the market. Let me know.

Send me your needs list as well.
Thanks,

KurtS

October 27, 2008, 07:56:39 AM
These Kantonal coins are fascinating compared to recent Confederation issues which have all the warmth of a Zürich Banker. :D I could have assembled a very nice collection during my stay in ZH at an USD:CHF 1:2.5 exchange  :o  :D  I especially like these Bündnerland strikes--a very interesting people and history; one of the few remaining regions where a Latin dialect was spoken, although that's changing quickly.

Bündnerland = domestic name for Graubünden/Grisons ie "Gray Leagues"--force of habit to spell correctly, lol.

Dumanyu

October 27, 2008, 12:11:18 PM
Yes, I agree Kurt. I have 12 of the 21 listed in Krause, but I didn't have my current list with me, so I grabbed the coin on the possibility of not having it covered. Of course, I did have it. I think I'm gonna have to resort to the bay of e to get the other 9. A royal P.I.T.A.

Tobyle

October 30, 2008, 09:47:23 AM
Dumanyu - no way will I accept that particular spare without paying for it - None of what I've sent on to you are within that calibre, so I really would prefer to pay for it - problem is, I would have to wait for next pay day. If someone takes up the offer before then, please take it.

Re my 'list' - I was waiting until I get hold of a 19th century Krause catalogue before I update it - at the rate I'm going, that probably won't be for another month or so.

Dumanyu

October 31, 2008, 12:25:12 PM
I'm in no hurry.