Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes > Bi-Metallic Coins of the World

Which Countries Issue Them?

(1/3) > >>

CoinCrusader42:
I have some Bi-Metallic coins from Canada and from Mexico.  I added them to my collection while traveling in those two countries.

Are there other well-known countries where Bi-Metallic coins are minted?

And, would Bi-Metallic coins be an exciting thing for our Government to produce?

Comments appreciated.

:) :) :) :)

scottishmoney:
The USA issued some bi-metallics way back in 1792, see the silver centered cent in the Red Book.  Other than that there was the Bicentennial of Congress $10, and that is it.

Topher:
All of the Euro-issuing countries, Russia, Thailand, Great Britain, Central African States, just to name a few of the top of my head.  I've got the most recent spreadsheet from the World Bi-Metallic Coin Collectors Club (http://wbcc-online.com/)if you really want it.  It's not small.  :D

scottishmoney:
Funny about the twoonie, I was in the bank on Saturday and asked the teller if she had anything interesting, all she said she had were Canadian dollar coins.  One look said they were twoonies, I should have bought them for a buck, but I was nice and told her they are actually $2 coins, not Loonies.

TwoShadows:
Just one of the fine qualities of a Knight or Knightess.....honesty!

Gary all of the $2 commemoratives from the Euro countries are bimetallic and so are the $1 coin. You probably have more bimetallics than you realize?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version