May 12, 2024, 11:33:31 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
If anyone has a mint roll of the 2006 Canadian quarters with the colourised pink Breast Cancer ribbon on them, I would love to buy them?  Please let me know?  Thank you.

??? :o :) :o ???

Offline TwoShadows

Snooba it would probably take at least $30 per roll for me to purchase these at this time, if I can find them, and get them shipped out of Canada to the U.S. I know shipping would be $7 to $10 on top of the $18 to $20 I would have to pay for each roll. How bad do you want them or would you rather we find some singles for you?

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Topher

You can pick up a roll at www.colonialacres.com (my coin shop of choice) for $18.95 CDN (in the special wrapper) and have them sent to you.  If you want individual coins, I'm pulling good ones from circulation all the time.

http://www.colonialacres.com/cgi-bin/dispitem.cgi?item=2006_pinkSWroll

Let me know if I can help.

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Snooba it would probably take at least $30 per roll for me to purchase these at this time, if I can find them, and get them shipped out of Canada to the U.S. I know shipping would be $7 to $10 on top of the $18 to $20 I would have to pay for each roll. How bad do you want them or would you rather we find some singles for you?

I found a Canadian store that has both rolls available, but when I contacted them they refused to sell to Australia.
They have them for quite a reasonable price too.  I'm more than happy to pay for the rolls and for all the shipping costs.
The shipping from Canada to the US & then from the US to Australia.  I'm also happy to pay for any time & effort involved!

http://store2.albern.com/cgi/viewItem.cgi?item-number=11497&location=canada&site=2&session-ID=12f01O41a98t092&t=409538

http://store2.albern.com/cgi/viewItem.cgi?item-number=11920&location=canada&site=2&session-ID=12f01O41a98t092&t=258843

:) :) :) :) :)

Offline TwoShadows

I will make the effort to buy both rolls for you and will be in contact after I get a total. Just don't let me forget! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Topher

Excellent prices!  Wow!!

I've got a Canadian address should you choose to go that route.  Just say the word.

Edit:  Upon closer inspection, those pages look identical to www.gatewestcoin.com - try them and see if they will ship to Oz.  I've bought from them before with good results.

Offline TwoShadows

Topher if you can get these cheaper or with less shipping costs than I can I would suggest we go that route to save Snooba a few bucks. You might check it out and let me know as I do want her to get the rolls she desires.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
I'm wondering if it might save Snooba some money if they were purchased by someone who lives outside of Canada, or at lease delivered to someone who lives outside of Canada .  The reason I say this is because of this taken from the link Snooba provided:
Canadians must pay ALL APPLICABLE TAXES (see full terms below).

We DO NOT charge taxes for items shipped OUTSIDE of Canada.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Excellent prices!  Wow!!

I've got a Canadian address should you choose to go that route.  Just say the word.

Edit:  Upon closer inspection, those pages look identical to www.gatewestcoin.com - try them and see if they will ship to Oz.  I've bought from them before with good results.

Thanks for the suggestion, but they ship to Canadian and American addresses.  But it was worth a try!

Topher

I'm wondering if it might save Snooba some money if they were purchased by someone who lives outside of Canada, or at lease delivered to someone who lives outside of Canada .  The reason I say this is because of this taken from the link Snooba provided:
Canadians must pay ALL APPLICABLE TAXES (see full terms below).

We DO NOT charge taxes for items shipped OUTSIDE of Canada.

I'd only be dinged for the 5% GST as I'm out of province.  I'm not sure if it's cheaper to ship to the US or pay the 5% and ship within Canada.  The offer of an address always stands for any knight looking to buy Canadian coins.

Offline TwoShadows

So have we figured out WHO is going to buy these rolls yet?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight

So have we figured out WHO is going to buy these rolls yet?

I was just about to contact you to see if you would mind getting them?  I'll send you a personal email.
I also wanted to thank Topher, and everyone else for their help & suggestions!!!    :) :) :) :) :)

Offline TwoShadows

Got your email Snooba! Will keep you posted!

Terry
Knight #1

minky

I would also love a couple of nice Canadian Breast Cancer 25c also ;D...can trade wide range of aussie coins... ;D

Offline TwoShadows

Minky I have a couple of uncirculated Breast Cancer singles lying right here, in 2X2's, beside the computer if you want them. Also have the 4 new Canadian Olympic Quarters here as well? Also a nice unc. bimetallic dual dated $2 polar bear with the rays should that be of interest? Get in touch with me as I will need your address so I can get what you need on a turtle headed your way!

Terry
Knight #1

minky

A HUGE THANK YOU TO TERRY...those little pets you sent Terry are simply beautiful...my Canadian collection is on its way ;D..what is the story behind the bi-metal polar bear with rays..I have seen some on ebay without the rays...have ordered the current Canadian Coin Guide so will have to start studying..you have mail too Terry...

Offline TwoShadows

If I remember correctly, and that would be about a 50/50 proposition, they added the rays in a special set and I am very good at seeking out those rarities when it happens. Always hoping something will explode on the secondary market I guess? ;D
Canada is also well known for limited edition dollar coins, which must be purchased with proof or mint sets, and I go after those as well. They struck a snowy owl (again if memory serves me correctly) dollar coin which did very well for a while but I don't have a clue now about its worth. Think I picked up extra's of those but would have to dig.
Anyway, I am glad the coins found you safely as I picked the biggest turtle I could find to get them down there. ;D

Terry
Knight #1