May 06, 2024, 12:18:31 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline AdamL

Baseball contest.
April 20, 2009, 08:23:49 AM
I'm a big sports fan. Especially when it comes to St. Louis Cardinals baseball. So here is a giveaway thats pretty easy to participate in.
On Saturday the 25th of April the Cardinals and Cubs will play in St. Louis at 3:10 PM local time.

What you have to do is guess who is going to win and what the score will be. The person who gets the closest will get a proof 2005-S Kennedy Half dollar. I'll ship it anywhere on earth. If someone nails the score dead on, I might try to find something extra to send as well. You have only one guess, and you have untill the first pitch of the game to make your guess byposting it in this topic. If the game gets rained out, I will count the guesses toward the next game these 2 teams play, which should be the following day at 1:15, unless it gets rained out too.
Good luck.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline AdamL

Re: Baseball contest.
April 20, 2009, 08:25:26 AM
Here is the best scan of the prize I could get:

-Adam

Offline AdamL

April 20, 2009, 08:25:57 AM

-Adam

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
April 20, 2009, 08:50:36 AM
5-3 St. Louis.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Eringobraugh

April 20, 2009, 09:14:11 AM
8-2...cardinals

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Yass

April 20, 2009, 10:44:09 AM
7-3 St Louis

Goose

April 20, 2009, 04:12:16 PM
8-5 Cubs....been a Cub fan forever.

tyjulie

April 20, 2009, 10:50:35 PM
cubs 6-2
Need to add got no idea

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
April 21, 2009, 01:17:26 AM
6-4 Cardinals.  Like Buda, I have no idea.  ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline TwoShadows

April 21, 2009, 09:17:12 AM
I will go with 5 - 2 CUBS!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Templar

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.
April 21, 2009, 11:53:09 AM
BEING A LIFELONG SUFFERING DETROIT TIGERS FAN---I HAVE TO CHEER THE CHICAGO CUBS TO VICTORY BY A SCORE OF 7-3---IN MEMORY OF HARRY CAREY SR.---WE STILL HAVE ERNIE HARWELL BUT WE LOST GEORGE KELL LAST MONTH---THERE JUST AREN'T MANY GREAT SPORTS ANNOUNCERS LEFT---BUT TIME MOVES ON AND CHANGES AS IT GOES--PLEASE RAISE YOUR GOBLETS TO BETTER TIMES AND OLD FRIENDS---YOUR SERVANT--THE TEMPLAR!

GO TIGERS----GO CUBS ;D ;D ;D ;D

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
April 21, 2009, 12:55:45 PM
7 to 1 St Louis  ;D

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Offline AdamL

April 21, 2009, 02:17:56 PM
BEING A LIFELONG SUFFERING DETROIT TIGERS FAN---I HAVE TO CHEER THE CHICAGO CUBS TO VICTORY BY A SCORE OF 7-3---IN MEMORY OF HARRY CAREY SR.---WE STILL HAVE ERNIE HARWELL BUT WE LOST GEORGE KELL LAST MONTH---THERE JUST AREN'T MANY GREAT SPORTS ANNOUNCERS LEFT---BUT TIME MOVES ON AND CHANGES AS IT GOES--PLEASE RAISE YOUR GOBLETS TO BETTER TIMES AND OLD FRIENDS---YOUR SERVANT--THE TEMPLAR!

GO TIGERS----GO CUBS ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, if its in memory of Harry Carey, I can't blame you for cheering for the Cubs  :D St. Louis lost a great sportscaster in Jack Buck a few years ago.
But as for your taste in teams - The Tigers and the Cubs - all I can say is, I'm sorry  ;D ;D ;D

-Adam

Goose

April 21, 2009, 03:01:03 PM
So you're a Tiger fan eh Templar? Yeah, rub it in. The Tigers beat the Cubs in the world series back in 1945. Yeah, it's been 64 years since the Cubs last won the N L pennant......do I hear 65?....66?....67?  But I can take it. After all, they last won the World Series in 1908 ... just a mere 100+ years ago.

Offline AdamL

April 21, 2009, 03:45:36 PM
So you're a Tiger fan eh Templar? Yeah, rub it in. The Tigers beat the Cubs in the world series back in 1945. Yeah, it's been 64 years since the Cubs last won the N L pennant......do I hear 65?....66?....67?  But I can take it. After all, they last won the World Series in 1908 ... just a mere 100+ years ago.

Exactly why I always say "sorry" to Cubs fans. Seriously though I respect them for not giving up after all these years. And I love the Cards vs Cubs rivalry. Its second only to Redsox vs Yankees. And STL vs Chitown is a friendly rivaly, comparitively.

-Adam

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
April 21, 2009, 04:19:36 PM
Harry Carey.

When I was a kid, long before Colorado had MLB, I would lay on the floor listening to the radio as Harry broadcast Cardinal games on KMOX.

I could also pick up LA games, and sometimes Texas and Minnesota.

I've been a Yankees fan since about 1948.  My father before me.  And, all three of our kids like the Pinstrips.  Was in Yankee Stadium last summer to watch a game in the "old" ballpark.  Would like to go back to NYC this summer and be in the stands for a game in the new Yankee Stadium, but funds are pretty thin right now.

While in NYC last summer we also saw a Mets game in Shea Stadium.  That ballpark also is gone.

The oldest ballpark I've watched MLB in was Municipal Stadium in Kansas City.  Yankees vs. KC in 1961 and 1962.

tiddyathome

April 21, 2009, 10:23:40 PM
7 - 3 Cubs  ;)

Offline AdamL

April 22, 2009, 11:01:31 AM
Harry Carey.

When I was a kid, long before Colorado had MLB, I would lay on the floor listening to the radio as Harry broadcast Cardinal games on KMOX.

I could also pick up LA games, and sometimes Texas and Minnesota.

I've been a Yankees fan since about 1948.  My father before me.  And, all three of our kids like the Pinstrips.  Was in Yankee Stadium last summer to watch a game in the "old" ballpark.  Would like to go back to NYC this summer and be in the stands for a game in the new Yankee Stadium, but funds are pretty thin right now.

While in NYC last summer we also saw a Mets game in Shea Stadium.  That ballpark also is gone.

The oldest ballpark I've watched MLB in was Municipal Stadium in Kansas City.  Yankees vs. KC in 1961 and 1962.

Ever been to Wrigley? I've heard its a must for a true baseball fan.

-Adam

Offline Eringobraugh

April 26, 2009, 05:55:37 AM
Wow...I nailed this one head on,will I get a Morgan dollar as a bonus prize

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
April 26, 2009, 08:05:25 AM
Adam,

Never been to Wrigley -- or Fenway.

I have been, in addition to those listed, to Candlestick, Oakland, old Texas Stadium, Royals Stadium, Mile High, and Tropicana.

Missed seeing Cone's 1999 Perfect Game by one day!

Offline AdamL

April 27, 2009, 12:13:46 PM
Hey everybody. I've been experiencing some computer problems, but I'm back! Congratulations eringobraugh, you did nail it right on the head! 8-2 Cardinals. You can thank Albert Pujols' grand slam for that, lol.
PM me your address. I'll send you the proof Kenneddy, and something else for getting the score right. It won't be a Morgan doll I'm afraid. It might just be a couple Lincoln cents or something.

-Adam