May 02, 2024, 07:46:07 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline TKO

You might want to ask the Author....
October 10, 2009, 07:07:46 AM
Twoshadows as some of you know, has recently become a published author. It isn't coin related but, hitting him up for a signed first edition copy of his work may someday add to one's personal wealth. Here's what the cover looks like.

TKO™

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
Re: You might want to ask the Author....
October 10, 2009, 07:45:54 AM
Already got mine and read it! Looking forward to the next book!  :)

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Offline AdamL

October 10, 2009, 10:03:35 AM
Still waiting patiently for mine  ;D

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline TwoShadows

October 10, 2009, 10:29:00 AM
Oh but there are coins in this first book!!! Gold and buffalo nickels are involved! I just couldn't leave that passion out and, of course, they will continue through the series!

AdamL, Triggersmob and Nevol have books ordered and I have received word of my next shipment so hopefully they will arrive soon so I can forward them on to Australia and Missouri. I sure would like to see my Aussie friends spread the word down there!!! (hint, hint). And, for what its worth the book is now available on Amazon.com. Just do a search and they will come up!

To those of you who have purchased my first novel I thank you very much. The whole thing started from a wood working project in 2007. I came into the house, from my woodshop, and told my wife I was going to write a book. She just rolled her eyes and said nothing. I do not know why I stuck with it but 15 months later the first book was ready. I screwed around trying to find a publisher for 3 months knowing I was wasting my time. Four days after submitting 4 chapters for review I received a telelpone call offering me a contract. Now that is all history and I need to get someone some where to offer up some free publicity. Who knows what may finally come out of this so I am slowly putting the 2nd book together. All I can say is move over Potter there is a new story in town!!!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Templar

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.
October 10, 2009, 11:57:15 AM
I BELEIVE I HAVE THE FIRST BOOK AND IT IS SIGNED--BUT I MUST APOLOGIZE AS I AM ONLY A LITTLE OVER HALF WAY THROUGH THE BOOK.

QUOTING AN OLD RADIO SHOW--"WHAT EVIL LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MEN--ONLY TWO SHADOWS KNOWS"

GOOD JOB--THE TEMPLAR

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Offline TwoShadows

October 10, 2009, 12:58:22 PM
Templar you have not reached the greatest secret yet?

Well you got to get to book three to FINALLY get all the answers mankind has searched for since the beginning of the human race. Don't panic I will try to hurry book two. All your life long questions will be answered in one little book! Brace yourself for the truth and find it only in a fiction!!! You heard it here first!!!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

October 10, 2009, 02:50:04 PM
I admire your diligence Terry. I've been talking about writing a book for years. It just seems like such a daunting task.

-Adam

Offline TwoShadows

October 11, 2009, 03:42:05 AM
   I don't know how or why I stuck with it but I did. Quite frankly I had a few things I wanted to say and a book is the only way the average individual can get it off his chest. It is a shame we have to hide many truths in a fiction in order to get it in print. We see a great number of truths laced within fiction, TV movies and big screen pictures. There are folks trying very hard to prepare us for whats coming but one must remember at all times there are forces in the world who want us to remain blind little sheep as they continue to reap the rewards of our efforts right up until the final harvest, so to speak.

I have a wife and children and a deep desire to do everything in life. This philosophy did not help my desires to write. I had to turn off the TV or stay up late, night after night, or spend weekend hours in front of my computer to keep the dream alive. I am still shaking my head wondering how in the h___ I pulled this off and wondering if I can continue in the series? This whole book idea is just not me but none the less I am forging ahead in my effort to have my say in the final book. We have been lied to all of our lives and the real truths, which are hidden in plain sight, have been buried right before our eyes in all of recorded history. Everything is planned and orchastrated by powers we do not understand and their agenda is very real!

Last,but not least, I am not a writer. A storyteller perhaps but not a writer! I just hope the story gets told!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

October 22, 2009, 04:51:53 PM
Terry, I got the book yesterday, and I'm over 100 pages into it. I find the story to be very interesting so far, and I'm enjoying it!

-Adam

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
October 23, 2009, 08:55:10 AM
My book also arrived yesterday.   ;D

I'm a little way into it, and enjoying the read.   8)

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline TwoShadows

October 25, 2009, 12:55:16 PM
It is important to me to receive the real truth concerning my first attempt at writing. Oddly everyone is this area have given me very good reviews but only three distant relatives have showered praise for the book. My immediate family, who got the books first, haven't given me one word of encouragement so I must assume they have not read it or did not like it! Leave it up to the family!!! :'(

All I can ask is that each of you, if you do like the book, please do a little word of mouth advertising. It sure would be appreciated as I signed a progressive contract and I would really like to progress A WHOLE LOT!!! My coin collecting hobby needs the money!!! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
October 26, 2009, 02:54:11 AM
Hi Terry,

I received my copy today.
Thank you very much.
Only up to page 3, so too soon to comment on it yet.
Good luck, my friend, you deserve it.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline TwoShadows

October 26, 2009, 05:35:55 AM
Gosh it looks like my first fan club will originate in Australia, the land of OZ!  ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

November 11, 2009, 10:45:14 AM
I would like to take the time to thank all of you for some very good reviews. It has been fun to finally hold a conversation about the characters in the book with those of you who have read it. It is also nice to know some of you are waiting for book two which means I must have provided you with a little entertainment! I will keep all of you posted on any headway I or my book might make in the world over the next few months. Hey those books make great Xmas gifts for those readers in your life? ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Templar

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.
November 11, 2009, 11:42:16 AM
you mention that you are a story teller--not a writer--remember the bard came before the book---the keeper of the oral history of any people were highly reveered--your book was very worthwhile to read--and it did plant seeds of doubt in my thoughts--stop and smell the roses--doesn't sound so stupid after reading your book--"OH GREAT SPIRIT WHOSE VOICE I HEAR IN THE WINDS" is the start of Sioux Indian prayer---do we hear the voices in the things around us?--may you find the strength to finish your journey---i may be a hopeless romantic--but i believe not eveything is written down--ecaep go with you--awaiting number 2

THE TEMPLAR!

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!