May 02, 2024, 03:48:48 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline Paint Your Wagon

New colletion started
May 25, 2008, 12:00:52 AM
Thru a chain of circumstance started with André Rieu and the Platin Tennors the one playing a song I know as Romeo and the others singing from the musical The man from la mancha I started looking at music .
I wanted to reconstruct all the songs I heard on the bumper scooters whilst there was a fair in town in my tens

First problem is that Romeo is claimed by Nana Mouskouri who seemed never to have sung it . Second was an English girl who was not available on youtube . Finally I found the version I know was sung by Petula Clark . This toke me three weeks for one song
Now that I got my links I found about a two dozen songs over a dozen LP's

I thought Blue Spanish Eyes was from Frank Sinatra to find out it was Spanish eyes from Al Martino .
This is fun cause if you know T's the search is all.
I want to thank the Swedes at pirate bay for this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline Paint Your Wagon

Re: New colletion started
June 05, 2008, 04:31:09 AM
I have now more then 1 500 songs and slowly getting an idea of the impossible amount of songs I heard in my life
And I got three full version video clips of Meat Loaf . Two I had never seen on Belgian Television
Next project may be finding musicals I do not have on video . Like I seem never to have recorded Saturday Night Fever

Offline Paint Your Wagon

June 12, 2008, 01:16:58 AM
I now got 4 musicals and I got attacked by Virtimunde
It toke all my goback safe points so I deleted them all since I got Norton Ghost back up anyway
In the process I found a new utensil ccleaner which removes all cookies and temp files and surfing history for free
Nice

Offline TwoShadows

June 12, 2008, 08:33:42 AM
If we are talking about the same Meat Loaf, I actually got to see a live performance a few years back. Actually lucked into 8 tickets (great seats) and found out immediately I had more friends than tickets. Boy did I piss some people off! None the less it was an outstanding show, one of the best I have ever seen, but I still rate the Moody Blues and Stevie Nicks very high on my list as I have seen them multiple times. SEE I am not quite so old after all? ::)

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Paint Your Wagon

June 12, 2008, 10:31:18 PM
Meat Loaf is one of two artists who never was out of the top 100 LP or CD list of the UK
We are indeed talking about the guy from Bat out of Hell with Paradise by the dashboard light sung by Ellen Foley but the tour and clip where with another singer Klara de Vito  . And then his other CD Bat out of Hell 2  I 'd do anything for love but I won't do that . The video's I got are the originals that were used on TV with an interview session afterwards with the composer and the girl singers .

The live shows I saw were Julio Iglesias ( my wifes favourate) Tom Jones , Will Tura and Tina Turner . But I saw virtually all musicals in London except one little known musical I saw in New York ( the best little whorehouse in texas which I think was redone with Dolly Parton)

I like the Moody Blues very much too but I guess as an album my alltime favourite is Pink Floyd the wall which I saw in Berlin one week after the wall was taken down .

Yesterday I got the musical Hair and Irma la Douce with Shirley Mc Lane and I skipped Cabaret with Liza Minnelli

Offline Paint Your Wagon

June 14, 2008, 06:10:44 AM
I am getting the Alamo with John Wayne and the best little whorehouse in texas with burt reynolds and dolly parton
So see you later alligator

Offline Paint Your Wagon

June 16, 2008, 11:02:54 PM
For those that want to know where their harddisk space is going a free program

http://windirstat.info/

Offline Humpybong

June 17, 2008, 10:46:19 AM

Looks a great program....thanks PYW

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline Paint Your Wagon

June 17, 2008, 07:57:59 PM
Happy you can use it Barry

I was fed up looking in what temp files and recyclers etc my 160 giga C/D drive was being abused

August

Offline Paint Your Wagon

July 01, 2008, 05:44:17 AM
I got like 1500 songs so I think I have most I can remember
So I am doing films now
Currently getting Omega Man with Charlton Heston 1971
Anybody remember this film ? If I am right this is the film were he walks into a dealership and drives the car out through the window
with a machine gun in the back of the car .
After that it is going to be Yul Brynner in The Ultimate warrior 1975 ( I swear I did not know he was Russian )
Anybody have any suggestion for the best John Wayne film ? I allready got the Alamo

Yass

• Trade Count: (0)
July 01, 2008, 03:39:15 PM
but I still rate the Moody Blues and Stevie Nicks very high on my list as I have seen them multiple times. SEE I am not quite so old after all? ::)
I'm glad you're not sold old.  We obviously can't be that far a part in age. Both would have to be my all-time favourites, along with Status Quo.  I named my daughter Rhiannon specifically after the song.

I attended a Status Quo/Deep Purple concert a number of months ago.  Purple were OK, but Quo rocked!