Castle Courtyard > General Discussion / Questions

Members departing the castle

(1/6) > >>

Humpybong:

Received the following from a long timemember:

I hope you are doing well. I'm just writing to inform you that I wish to be deleted from KOTCT membership.
This hasn't been about coins in quite some time, and Mr. Carr's medals seem to be the majority of discussions here.
So, I am resigning from KOTCT. I wish everyone well.

I would have to agree with him, have not seen any decent dicussions oncoins or banknote for a long time.
COVID has left its mark also, no one longs on to say hello and show coins anymore.

How many members have we lost to COVID.

If yoy are still around and log in just reply here and say hello so we will know you are stillalive.

Kena:
I am about and do log in on a regular basis.  I am not really that active in any of the forums that I am member of.

Kinda boring on the UK coin collecting front, too many not for circulation coins being made.

No commemorative £2 coins for circulation since 2016 and for the 50 pence coins 2020 brought us the Diversity Built Britain and Brexit coins.

Turtle:
I am a big Carr fan, but you gotta admit there was not much of anything being posted here in a long time before I started posting about Dan‼️I was hoping that would bring back some life to the club. I’m for posting about all coins, and subjects. I was hoping everyone would start posting again, and really use this site the way it was created for....... not just for Dan’s stuff‼️

ZoidMeister:
I too check in from time to time, but not on a daily basis.

I have been working to complete the full series of minted items from Jared Grove's site - Grove Minting Company.

https://groveminting.com/newmarket/

As irony would have it, this year's commemorative piece, the 1955 Lincoln Cent Doubled Die, was also engraved and minted by Daniel Carr. 

I have diligently been searching for the two most difficult of his pieces (difficult in quantity - price is another matter) - the Copper and Nickel 2015 Thalers.  JUST TODAY I received both copper and nickel to add to my brass and silver Thaler's, thereby completing the four piece set - only 50 sets possible.

The last three pieces I need are the two 2017 Gasparro Liberty Dollars in silver, and of course, the 2019 Gold Stella (also minted by Daniel Carr).

Zoid

Dwhiz:
The same here as ZoidMeister. I check in every now and then.
Here is the my "Stella" by the moonlight mint

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version