Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
My "New" Dollar Bill
February 13, 2008, 09:06:14 PM
I have been working hard over the last two evenings to bring some sort of ryme or reason to my numismatic collections.  A long way to go.

I have actually come across two United States notes that I don't recal buying or receiving as a gift.

One is a $1 bill, Series of 1928 A,  AU. Mellon was Secretay of the Treasuer.  The bill apprears near perfect although may have been folded the long way down the middle at one time.

I don't have very much U.S. paper money, so I'm pleased to have this very attractive note. I don't have a book regarding paper money.  Can anyone provide some information on this note?

Thanks

:) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D

Goose

Re: My "New" Dollar Bill
February 14, 2008, 03:28:34 PM
CoinCrusader, Your $1 note is a silver cetificate....retail value XF =$45 and AU =$60. If it were Unc. =$80.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 14, 2008, 05:10:00 PM
Goose, Thanks for the information.

OldDan, That's the first I ever heard of such a note.

:D :D :D :D

scottishmoney

March 09, 2008, 12:18:51 AM
Those series 1928 notes had a different reverse than the 1933 and 1934 notes, which is why they are now referred to as "Funny Backs" because most people had never seen them.  And BTW it probably is NOT a silver certificate but a United States or Legal Tender Note, 1928 was the last year that they made the $1 denomination, after that it was strictly $2's on up.