Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes > U.S. Coins

The Kennedy Thread! Post Yours!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Cheezhed:
Beautiful coin

Redlock:

--- Quote from: Zoins on March 08, 2023, 01:27:19 AM ---Everyone I've shown it to so far, including leading numismatists, think it's natural and very nice. You're the first person that's asked this.

--- End quote ---

I am always very sceptical regarding toning. It can easily been done by artificial means.
If leading numismatists think it's genuine toning...good for you.

Zoins:

--- Quote from: Redlock on March 21, 2023, 07:18:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zoins on March 08, 2023, 01:27:19 AM ---Everyone I've shown it to so far, including leading numismatists, think it's natural and very nice. You're the first person that's asked this.

--- End quote ---

I am always very sceptical regarding toning. It can easily been done by artificial means.
If leading numismatists think it's genuine toning...good for you.

--- End quote ---

Artificial toning certainly exists, but, from what I've seen, it's often unattractive, has no premium, and would not be slabbed as problem-free by TPGs.

And when the ease of creation is brought up, I'd love to see it done. Is there another one out there with this look?

Overall, toning is a very popular way to collect and can result in large premiums, grade bumps, and star ratings from the TPGs.

Zoins:
I've updated the thread title to make it a general Kennedy thread. Post any of your Kennedys here :)

Here's one of my error coins, a 1981-D Missing Obverse Clad Layer coin.

I've wanted one for years, so I was happy to be able to pick it up.

Cheezhed:
I like that Kennedy Zoins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version