Medallion Quests > 2017 KOTCT 10th Anniversary Medallion Quest

Paypal Issues for 2017 KotCT medal payments

<< < (2/11) > >>

Pocketcoins:
I tried to pay and it auto converted to Au. so I didn't send it. Waiting for suggestion. 

voyageur:
My PayPal payment experience was exactly the same as Triggersmob and I am in the US.

Mackinac:
PayPal states its free to send money to friends and family in the US using a bank account or PayPal balance. I tried transferring money using my bank account and it did show I had to pay a 1 percent fee, I assume because the money was going to Australia. I don't know of anyway to avoid this fee so if no one here knows how either, I'll probably end up paying in the next day or two.
Also, when I attempted to make payment to KOTCT.Membership@yahoo.com, PayPal automatically changed my payment to AUS $ but I could change it right back to US $ using a drop down box right next to the amount the recipient would receive.

SirStacksALot:
For those who are still having trouble, try depositing the money into your PayPal account.  It will take a few days to clear, but you should be able to transfer the money via friends and family to our treasury after that. 

Also please be sure to pay in US dollars.  PayPal is pretty sneaky about currency changeover.  They do not show a fee when moving into a different currency, but they move the exchange rate and shave some money, but it looks like there is no cost.  If you do not specify USD, it will cost you extra, and it will cost extra again when Barry sends payment to Daniel and it is converted from AUD back to USD.

It also looks like there will be a one percent fee even with friends and family, so be aware of that when transfering the money to your PayPal account for transfer. 

CA Collector:
My transaction went smoothly as expected, with 2 notable exceptions:

-- I had to manually change the payment to USD. Otherwise it would've paid in AUD. At the time I didn't know the recipient (Barry) was in Australia, so I just thought this was a glitch.

-- I was charged 1% for this "free" Friends & Family payment. Re-tried twice in hopes of eliminating the fee, no luck. Due to overseas transfer? Small potatoes to me -- not worth the bother to investigate (getting lazy in my old age).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version