Medallion Quests > 2017 KOTCT 10th Anniversary Medallion Quest

2017 KOTCT 10th Anniversary Medals

(1/75) > >>

Merlin:

Now that the 2016 medals have been completed, time to start planning for the 2017 10th Anniversary medal.

Any ideas?

I could use my magic and zap one up if needed.   ;D

Kittlecoins:
Many of Daniel Carr's other club medals feature renditions of already existing coins as part of the designs.  Our 2015 Glendale Coin Club medals had the Pacific Company $5 Gold coin design.  Our 2016 Glendale Coin Club medals had the 1894 California Midwinter Expo HK-245 so-called dollar design.

One of my favorite coins from history that features a Knight, and a very popular coin in numismatics, is the 1486 Austria Guldiner... often referred to as the World's first dollar sized (or crown sized) silver coin.

Here's an example of the 1953 restrike of the coin and I think the knight from the reverse side (or the entire reverse design w/ a 2017 date) could make a great medal.

SirStacksALot:
Daniel mentioned that we should redo the reverse design in one of the other threads from our 2016 medals.  I think we should take his advice on that since the old die can no longer be polished for proof and sandblasted for satin. So new look for the reverse and new die has my vote.

As for the obverse, it is funny that the design that you mention has a knight on horseback.  I think it would be really cool if Daniel redid the original 2007 design with some new art, and it included 10th anniversary in the design.

Humpybong:

I agree as it is our 10th....a redo of our first medal would be great...just need to add 10th Anniversary on it

Pocketcoins:
I would like to see us go back to something more in line with the 2007 medal also. Not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings but the 2016 just seems to be over the top in design to me. Daniel Carr done a really great job in what we wanted but to me it's just to complicated for my liking. We have had some really great looking medals over and I would not be able to tell you which one I like the best but I can tell you it's not this years. Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking medal, but when I lay all our medals out together it just don't seem to fit the rest. So I hope for out next medal we maybe go back to something simpler. Also what do you all think of maybe doing a woody again. I love them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version