Castle Courtyard > Perpetual Give-A Way Set

Colorado Progress Report

(1/5) > >>

CoinCrusader42:
The Pet Set seems quite content for the moment.

On Saturday we took it to the top of Grand Mesa, the world's largest flat-topped mountain.  The thin air seemed to make it a bit sleepy and the cool air caused a few of the coins to shake a little in their air-tites.

On Sunday we took a drive to see if any of the fall colors still lingered, and we ended up at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  Near miss here!  The Pet Set was placed on a boulder over-looking the canyon, and started to slide.  Luckily, we caught it before it could drop 2,000 plus feet.

Sometime this coming week we hope to take it to Ouray and Silverton, and perhaps the Colorado National Monument.  Pictures will be taken, and dsking has offered to scan them.

We have displayed the Pet Set, and made it available for others to look at. 

In a week or so I'll wrap it up and pull a name out of a hat, and ship it off.  Meanwhile, I think it is enjoying its stay here, and people who see it are enjoying the sight.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dsking:
Cute Gary!  So the Pet Set saw "The Blue" or just reached the Black Canyon of the Gunnison!  What a fun trip it's had.  It rested on my desk in Lakewood so it probably needed to see a bit more of our beautiful State.  Thanks for sharing it over there! But...watch those ledges, especially on "The Million Dollar Highway"! ::)

TwoShadows:
This was probably a practice run for when I arrived in Colorado on my next vacation west? I will look up Burkes Guide service for sure but I am NOT posing on any ledges with a slope!

dsking:
Blood loss just south of Wyoming?  Now what would OldDan mean by that??? ::) ::) ::) ::)

CoinCrusader42:
The Pet Set hasn't yet seen the "Blue," but will soon.  Also, I think it will love the Million Dollar Highway, and the waterfalls, when we go to Ouray and Silverton.

Terry, When you finally come visit us, maybe we can take a ride over passes via jeep trails.  If you survive that, you can survive most anything.

I do think the Pet Set is getting a little anxious to see some new territory, but we would like to keep it for another week or so.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version