Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
The Medals -- Good News and Bad News
February 10, 2009, 05:58:30 AM
The good news is that the medal mailing task is over.  All medals have been mailed with the exception of those for Goose, and they will be mailed when he provides an address.  Good so far, right?

Here's the not-so-good.

When I arrived at the post office, the clerk went to work on stamping the Australia package, and preparing it for registered mail.  She then got into her computer, and said "Oh no!"  She apologized to me because just yesterday she said the package could to to Australia as registered mail.  However, in the post office computer she found there was a weight limit for registered mail to Australia.  And, the package is darned heavy.

She told me the package would have to be opened and the contents would need to go in two, and possibly three pachages in order to meet the weight requirements.

An alternative was to keep the package as it was, and insure it.  If lost, we could only retrieve $47, but the point was, she said, it would be more safe, and could be traced if necessary.

So, that's what I did.  It's on the way to "Down Under" as an insured package, and I will be on "pins and needles" until it arrives.

If things go smoothly, I'll get pats on the back for a job well done.  If the package never arrives, the Aussies will think of me as the most stupid joker west of the Mississippi.

It was a quick decision, and I hope the right one.

Will be waiting with great anticipation to hear that humpybong received the package.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Eringobraugh

Re: The Medals -- Good News and Bad News
February 10, 2009, 06:02:42 AM
If the package never arrives, the Aussies will think of me as the most stupid joker west of the Mississippi.

They apparently have never been to California......(Except the Californians on this board,of course) ;D

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline AdamL

February 10, 2009, 06:59:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Gary, because I know you're going to be worried about it for days now. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and our Aussie friends.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline TwoShadows

February 10, 2009, 08:28:50 AM
I think it will be just fine. The good news, out of this bad news, is the fact first class airmail to OZ is usually done in 5 to 7 days. Registered Mail would have been 10 to 14. We can all keep our finges crossed but don't lose any sleep over it!!! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
February 10, 2009, 08:36:32 PM
the Aussies will think of me as the most stupid joker

Never!!

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline Humpybong

February 10, 2009, 10:17:46 PM

If the package never arrives, the Aussies will think of me as the most stupid joker west of the Mississippi.

Nah....I don't believe that....we all take chances everyday

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"