Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Medals Getting Minted Today?!
January 07, 2009, 08:20:22 PM
Wasn't it Wednesday or Thursday that blanks were to arrive at the Carr Minting Plant, and our 2008 medals were to come into being.

Let's hope so.  I think we are all getting anxious.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Re: Medals Getting Minted Today?!
January 08, 2009, 05:48:10 AM
our 2009 medals were to come into being. :) :) :) :)

Oops! Maybe 2008:) ;) :D ;D 8) :P  (Sorry Gary!)

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 08, 2009, 06:06:50 AM
Thanks Nancy.

It was 1:30 a.m., and I probably should have been in bed rather than trying to write.

Offline TwoShadows

January 08, 2009, 08:29:00 AM
The silver and pewter blanks were delayed. D. Carr says they were supposed to arrive Wed. but I have not emailed to see if they did arrived. I am pretty sure Triggersmob would like for the medallions to reach you around the 20th!!! He is lusting for a Morgan dollar right now!!! ;D

Speaking of that Morgan dollar in the contest! I will forward it to Gary for shipment with the Aussies medallions. Hopefully Humpybong will NOT get attached to it and forward it on to the Aussie winner IF an Aussie does pull this off!!!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 08, 2009, 08:33:47 AM
Forwarding it to me is a little risky don't you think?!

Offline Humpybong

January 08, 2009, 06:12:13 PM

Forwarding it to me could be even more risky!

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

edix

January 08, 2009, 07:05:34 PM
My Spidey senses inform me that minting may have actually been going on in the Moonlight, or at the Moonlight Mint, per se.
But there also may have been a pause, since tonight I alerted Daniel Carr to a potential hijacking of one of his websites by some type of malware distributor, or such. He hasn't figured out the demon quite yet on that.
Myself, I'm always patient with Daniel Carr's issues. I always know what they will look like ahead of time and tremendously satisfied when they do arrive.

Offline TwoShadows

January 09, 2009, 11:42:29 AM
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubts about the beauty headed our way from Colorado. Triggersmob is praying for a huge winter storm to delay shipment until after midnight on the 16th. Guess he hasn't offered CoinCrusader the first "bribe" yet? Got to love the honesty of those Aussies!!!  ;)

Actually waiting is not that bad as anticipation is a good thing!!! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 09, 2009, 06:40:53 PM
While waiting for my custom made 1968 Mustang convertible all those many years ago, I first heard the following from a friend.  "The Joy of Anticipation can be a wonderful thing."  It was, but getting the car was even better.

Looks like triggersmob may indeed be the winner.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
January 09, 2009, 07:22:45 PM
I won't count my chickens before they hatch.

Gary, a friend of mine has been doing up an old Mustang convertible for a few years now.
Recently he was diagnosed with cancer, so he may never get the job finished.
He has taken it for one spin, just to try it. He reckons it was awesome.
I gave him my lucky penny pocket piece and told him I want it back when he is cured.
I hope he gets to enjoy many rides in that 'Stang.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline TwoShadows

January 10, 2009, 01:22:02 AM
Triggersmob sorry to hear about your friend. It is a reminder that we all must do the things we dream of while we can. Never know how much time, on any given day, how much is left. While I seem to be in perfect health I keep looking at that new P-51 sitting in my woodshop quietly praying for warm weather so I can finally put it in the air. While I have NO doubts I can fly it I do have huge concerns about landing it!!! :D  A friend of mine keeps telling me not to worry about it as it will come down, one way or another. Thats my problem as I am particular about my choices and I would like to see it go up again. It sure is a beautiful bird!

Now a thought just struck me concerning the 1884-O Morgan Dollar. We could counterstamp that with KOTCT or even my initials. Wouldn't that make that uncirculated 125 year old coin special? :'( Just give me the word!!! ::)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 10, 2009, 09:01:44 AM
I have a few Morgans, but not a 1884 -O.
Take your time Daniel, no hurry. LOL

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 10, 2009, 01:15:47 PM
Triggersmob,

I certainly hope your friend returns to good health.  Something will get us eventually, but modern medicine gives us a much better shot at extra years to live our lives.  So, Good Luck to your friend.

I can't find words to describe my love for my Mustang.  I so wish I had never sold it.  The car was so successful, I just figured Ford would continue making the same design.  They didn't.

I went into our Ford dealership here in Delta, and had the dealer design the exact car I wanted.  1968 Mustang convertible.  Metallic blue with a black top and racing stripe.  Also hood louvers.  402.  The wife and I walked down to Ford one day and happened to be there as the car was being delivered.  I can still feel the thrill.  Absolutely one beautiful car.  Cost me $2600.00 as I recall.

I traded it off for two reasons.  First, our family was getting started and I thought a station wagon would be better for kids.  Secondly, I assumed the same type of car would continue to be build.  It was of course, but the design changed.

I have only one or two pictures of the car, but one of these days I'll post one.

My Goodness, how I loved that car!

If I ever won a huge lottery, a 1968 Mustang is the first thing I'd buy, even before that 1909 S vdb.

Of course I have to buy a ticket in order to win, and I haven't done that for a long time.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 10, 2009, 08:16:29 PM
Gary, I am a big fan of old Fords too. I owned a 1970 XY Ford Fairmont 302 V8 sedan, for 19 years. I evetually sold it to a friend and he on sold it to someone else a short while later. Haven't seen it since.

This is not mine, but shows you what they look like. Mine was Copper Bronze with a white roof.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 10, 2009, 08:24:22 PM
Gary, did yours come with the extra bonus, like this one...
 ;) ;) ;)

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline TwoShadows

January 11, 2009, 02:16:42 AM
Now if Ford would throw in a few of those I would definitely be interested again but until they do I am going to remain unimpressed by what is currently being offered by ALL of the auto manufacturers in the world. It seems they all decided to lack creativity and have NO desire to stand alone with a new concept. Hey, remember the AMC Gremlin? Different, dependable and cheap. Boy did they sell and everyone could afford one. I hear the new Smart car has a waiting list of over 3 months! I actually saw one about a month ago. Brought memories of the old Gremlin. This one was yellow, trimmed in black, so it looked like a Bumble Bee parked at the gas pumps! Don't know if they will ever match the Gremlin but like it or not a car is nothing more than a way to get from here to there. Will have to watch to see how it does as the darn thing had something the Gremlin did not! It was ATTRACTIVE!!! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline D. Carr

January 11, 2009, 05:31:36 AM
Finally, I can report that all of the 39mm pieces have been struck.   Today I will be applying the edge lettering to the silver.   I'm still awaiting delivery of the 63mm pewter blanks.  It appears that they are currently in transit and will be here Tuesday.   The 64mm dies are finished, and I have the 64mm collar and die fixtures ready to go.

Last year's medal, I thought, could have been a bit higher relief to bring out the details more.   So this year, on the 39mm medals, I raised the relief.   I over did it a little.   I don't think anyone will complain, but the relief is almost too high (on the obverse) - appears higher than even the ultra high-relief St. Gaudens $20.   This caused some problems.   I had to stamp each medal four times in succession at 300 tons a blow.   The medals would invariably stick to the die face and each one had to be pried off (carefully so as not to impart any damage).   I was concerned that the dies would give out.   Three cheers for the inventor of A2 die steel !

The proof pieces are a little less "cameo" and more polished on the devices than last year.   The stain pieces have more of a matte finish.   The two, side-by-side, complement one another.

I think the 64mm pewter pieces will be fantastic (won't know for sure until they are struck).   The relief height on those dies looks just right - not too high, not too low.   I hope 400 tons or less will do the job.

Offline AdamL

January 11, 2009, 06:04:32 AM
Thank you for the update! :D

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline D. Carr

January 11, 2009, 06:13:47 AM
PS:

Yes, true to form, the medals were minted during the light of the moon.
A friend came by to visit when I was pounding them at 300 tons.   He said that as soon as he got out of his car and put his foot down, he could feel it through the ground in the parking lot outside the building.

Offline TwoShadows

January 11, 2009, 07:03:59 AM
Thank you for the update Daniel. I believe anticipation has finally reached a "fever" pitch as we all await the fruits of our efforts. I, along with most other members here, will have NO problem with high relief. Looking forward to getting them in the mail so we can hear the results! Please keep us posted!

Everyone NEEDS to remember these are rare "Light of the Moon" strikes!!!

Terry
Knight #1

edix

January 11, 2009, 07:49:35 AM
Everyone NEEDS to remember these are rare "Light of the Moon" strikes!!!

Lune-ees?

edix

January 11, 2009, 02:12:06 PM
I really appreciate Daniel Carr's report.
Imagine what it was like to have the planchet being struck four times to fully bring up the relief.
What I enjoy about this activity is that we get to learn about the design and minting process right along with Daniel.
Eyewitness to history, with the souvenirs to prove it!

longnine009

January 12, 2009, 02:36:00 PM
I think I could have lived with a brockage.  ;D

Offline Humpybong

January 13, 2009, 10:28:02 PM

Show-off.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

longnine009

January 14, 2009, 01:58:10 AM
Nah, a die-cap from a three inch medal would be showing off. That sucker would be as tall a  soda can. ;D

Offline D. Carr

January 14, 2009, 08:04:20 AM
Based on a recent experience regarding a brockage strike on one of my "1964-D" Peace dollars, considering the amount of force that I'm stamping these 2008 KOTCT medals, any kind of brockage strike would result in a train wreck of mangled metal.

Offline D. Carr

January 14, 2009, 08:14:36 AM
PS:

I still do not have the pewter blanks.   But the supplier promised to get them done today and that they would be shipped Priority Mail (so I will get them on Friday).

After looking at the final 39mm products, I decided to take an extra copper piece and I applied an alternate post-strike finish to it.   It was a time-consuming process, but the results were very favorable.   In my opinion, it looks better than the "proof" and "satin" medals.   Without revealing the type of finish (don't want to spoil the surprise), I will say that I'm going to add one of these to the shipment for each person who ordered a 2008 medal.   So everybody will get an extra (free) copper medal with a "mystery" finish.

edix

January 14, 2009, 08:47:37 AM
Too cool!
Two years of medals and two free medals in the deliveries!

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 14, 2009, 08:56:49 AM
Wow, thanks Daniel. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
January 14, 2009, 09:11:53 AM
Are we getting a good deal or what?  ;D ;D
Only our second year of Medals, and for the second time, we get 'freebies'.  :D :D ::) ::)
Keep up the good work Daniel, we love surprises. Can't wait to see them.  ;) :D ;D :o 8) ::) :P :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

January 14, 2009, 11:02:11 AM
We couldn't have dreamed up a better relationship than the one we have right here with Daniel Carr. I am hopeful my old eyes will be able to tell the difference in the two medals? ;) Do I smell a GOLD finish? (well color)

I just hope I don't send Triggersmob a Susan B. Anthony dollar instead of a Morgan!!! Bad eyes you know! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
January 14, 2009, 11:41:17 AM
Probably not the place for it. But has any thought been given to the 2009 Medal? the earlier we start the more time there is to work on the project.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline D. Carr

January 14, 2009, 12:55:32 PM
... But has any thought been given to the 2009 Medal? ...

Dragon.

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
January 14, 2009, 02:36:05 PM
Dragon sounds great will have to see what the rest of the voting public think....

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 14, 2009, 04:00:36 PM
I like it!!

Offline AdamL

January 14, 2009, 04:41:13 PM
I love dragons!

-Adam

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 14, 2009, 07:55:42 PM
I just hope I don't send Triggersmob a Susan B. Anthony dollar instead of a Morgan!!! Bad eyes you know! ;D
I still have to win it yet!! LOL

I think dragons would fit in well with our Knights theme.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Humpybong

January 14, 2009, 07:57:30 PM
Yep I agree......

Sir Humpy and the Dragon

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

edix

January 15, 2009, 07:01:08 AM
Flamedrake is the dragon mascot for the rec.collecting.coins newsgroup and has been imaged on collector medals over the years. Here is one that was proposed:

Offline TwoShadows

January 15, 2009, 08:49:56 AM
 I like that idea as I see the coins we all dream about owning as DRAGONS. Very hard to find and conquer but over time if you hunt long enough you may own the dragon you have been searching for. I have owned quite a few but loosing my job of 28 years took most of them away from me in 2005. Guess I can still say, "I used to own one of those"! :'(

I don't know whether we should use a full dragon look, perhaps with a slabbed coin lying in front of it, or go with a really nice looking woman with the wings and head of a dragon. One thing is for certain, I would like a little beauty with my beast!!! ;)

We have discussed getting the 2009 medallions started MUCH earlier this year. I might point out that, even though we did start early this year, Daniel Carr had a huge project going on when he purchased and moved the coin press from the Denver Mint. It was a massive project that took a great amount of time and effort. I/we were aware of delays coming but the end results of this project is well worth the wait. We will, after finishing up this 2008 project, get with Daniel and start 2009 as soon as possilble.
That is my humble opinion!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Paint Your Wagon

January 15, 2009, 09:03:28 AM
My first love

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline Paint Your Wagon

January 15, 2009, 09:07:36 AM
My second love

Offline Paint Your Wagon

January 15, 2009, 09:17:28 AM
My third love

longnine009

January 15, 2009, 02:02:07 PM
How about a medal with two Firedrakes? One fire breathing and the other steaming.
http://www.uboat.net/allies/warships/photos/br/hms_firedrake.jpg

Offline Eringobraugh

January 23, 2009, 09:34:01 AM
Being new here,Im not sure what this is all about....Do you guys mint your own medals?... ???

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
January 23, 2009, 10:20:10 AM
A very talented D Carr does them for us.  2008 is the 2nd year they've been done and I'd say it will be a yearly event from now on.  The Logo on the top right of the screen is one side of the 2007 medal.  8)

Someone cleverer than me will probably come along & post both sides for you to have a look at.  ;D ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

edix

January 23, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
Someone cleverer than me will probably come along & post both sides for you to have a look at.  ;D ;D

Here's a link to a thread on them featuring scans

Offline TwoShadows

January 23, 2009, 03:51:38 PM
The 2008 Medallions, though a tad bit late, are nearing completion. We have done wooden dollars in 2006, 07 and 08. Last year (2007) we did silver, copper, and brass 38mm medallions along with a 63mm pewter. This year (2008) we commissioned silver, copper in 38mm and a 63mm pewter. They will be delivered very soon and then we will set our sights on the 2009 version. Quite a unique accomplishment by a small bunch of dark side collectors who refuse to say no to any quest! And, of course, it helps to have a professional sculptor/engraver, who happens to be in the business of striking medallions as a member! And, being politically correct, I must add having Merlin weave his magic in our castle makes the impossible seem possible! Hasn't failed us yet!!! ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Tpatna

January 23, 2009, 09:55:39 PM
Thanks for the update.  Really looking forward to these babies  ;D

Offline Humpybong

January 23, 2009, 10:48:58 PM

Sure do....limited numbers, one each year

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

January 24, 2009, 07:17:37 AM
I see our 2008 Medallion is now pictured on Daniel Carr's website. If I remember correctly it can be found at  www.dc-coin.com  Only the obverse is shown along with the mintage figures. It would appear they are now done?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Eringobraugh

January 24, 2009, 07:52:09 AM
Wow....That medal is really nice and being a bit of a Medal collector,Im getting really stoked, :D

Can any member order these or how does it work,ive already contacted NoHope587 about the last medal!

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline AdamL

January 24, 2009, 11:11:19 AM
Wow....That medal is really nice and being a bit of a Medal collector,Im getting really stoked, :D

Can any member order these or how does it work,ive already contacted NoHope587 about the last medal!

The ordering process has been over for a while. But Nohope is definitely the right person to talk to about possible reserve supplies of the '07 and '08 medals. As soon as the 08's have been distributed we'll probably get started on the 2009 project.

-Adam

Offline TwoShadows

January 25, 2009, 05:14:24 AM
We have a few medallions (2008) which we have not received payment for. When the time comes those extra medallions, silver, copper and pewter, will be posted for sale to the membership. There are also members who buy extra medallions to sell to new members down the road. We will make every effort to see that those who desire the medallions get the opportunity to own one. Be patient as, at this time, no one has a 2008 in their possession other than Daniel Carr and the Moonlight Mint!!! I/We will keep everyone posted. This is a group effort, that the world told us could not be done back in 2007, and contrary to the critics we did it. Now we are nearing the end of our second medallion quest with talk of a third. Who says Knights and Knightesses can't pull off anything they set their minds too?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
January 25, 2009, 06:19:10 AM
Once I am back on the beach and the 2008 medals are in hand. I will update the inventory page.  I understand most new members are going to want silver but these are in very short supply I would ask that new members consider the others metals which are actually rarer than the silver version the brass version is not even being minted this year. With more time to plan finances this year I will again be ordering a significant number of 2009 medals but if membership continues to grow at its current rate I will be completely out of 2007 medals in 3 years.

Offline D. Carr

January 25, 2009, 09:50:07 AM
All 2008 medals are done.   Where should I send them ?

PS:
I wasn't sure if I would be able to stamp something so large (the 63mm medal) on my coin press, but it did the job.   Fortunately, pewter is soft.   If this was done in bronze or silver I'd have to lower the relief.   Even with the soft pewter the total force needed was extreme, due the large surface area.   The meter on my coin press showed total force was 80% of capacity (0.8 X 400 = 320 tons !).   Each one was stamped four times in rapid succession before ejecting.   It is quite suspensful during this rapid re-striking to see the big 63mm upper die fall out of its fixture (due to gravity and adherence to the struck medal).   Fortunately, the stroke distance of the press is shorter than the length of the die, so the die never was able to maneuver into a catastrophic orientation.

edix

January 25, 2009, 10:17:46 AM
Sir CoinCrusader will have to keep in mind the softness of the pewter medal when packaging the various sets together for mailing and shipping overseas, since last year the pewter medals were mailed in a separate delivery on their own.
Nice to hear they are completed and more about the minting process itself.

Offline TwoShadows

January 25, 2009, 10:40:43 AM
The 2008 Medallions have been struck and will be shipped to CoinCrusader, hopefully in the next few days, so we can all start the countdown to our second keepsake! I am sure we will hear much more in the next few days so stay tuned!!!

Terry
Knight #1

edix

January 25, 2009, 12:48:05 PM
Hard at work:

Offline TwoShadows

January 25, 2009, 01:08:37 PM
So what is the medallion that was just struck as I am sure it is not ours? Just curious!

I would also like to take the time to thank each and everyone of you for your patience on this quest. A special thanks to Edix, CoinCrusader, Mountain Lady, Nevol, Humpybong and Daniel Carr for their respective roles in this process. Once again WE have pulled off the impossible dream! This is a pretty darn unique group of people and I am very proud to be a part of it! Thank you!

Terry
Knight #1

edix

January 25, 2009, 01:14:55 PM
The struck piece is the 2009 Amero.

Offline Eringobraugh

January 25, 2009, 01:16:45 PM
So what is the medallion that was just struck as I am sure it is not ours? Just curious!

If your talking about the one pictured,then,I believe that is a silver 2009 100 amero.....

I think Ill have to get one of those

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 25, 2009, 02:20:33 PM
Daniel,

As last year, please mail the medals to me

-------------------------------------

Edix,

Could I get you to mail (e-mail) me an up-dated copy of members I should be mailing medals to, and which medals.

Thanks Daniel and Edix.

edix

January 25, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
Here's is the up to the minute updated log of medals:
http://www.kpftradio.com/gmm/08kotct.pdf

I have just attempted to contact three members who have ordered medals but have yet to pay so that they can contact twoshadows to arrange payments and thus expedite their orders.

Offline D. Carr

January 28, 2009, 07:27:36 AM
2008 medals were shipped to Delta Colorado on Tuesday January 27 via USPS Priorty Mail registration number RE353803427US .

Offline TwoShadows

January 28, 2009, 10:31:04 AM
Thank you for the GREAT news Daniel! Now we can only hope Gary will not bury all that silver in his back yard!!! ;D Get the whip out Mountain Lady and put that man to work!!! (I know we can count on her) I am sure we will hear from CoinCrusader in the next few days so stay tuned!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

January 28, 2009, 11:33:14 AM
Thats great! I can't wait to see my medal.

-Adam

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 28, 2009, 06:41:58 PM
Great news.

Wednesday's mail didn't bring the medals.  It did bring a proof set with the 2009 Washington DC and U.S. Territories Quarters, which was nice.

Medals will probably arrive tomorrow.  The distance between Daniel and I is only about 300 miles.  They just need to go over the Continental Divide, and down into Colorado's beautiful side.

One serious note.  I (we) are willing to mail out medals starting the day they arrive.  However Knight Edix has an issue or two he feels should be resolved before the medals go to the Post Office.

While we don't have a leader, or king or queen, or "mom and dad," somebody needs to make the call to start mailing.  So, Twoshadows (the Knight who started the medals quest), I need your okay, and then the mailing will begin.

This latest quest is near completion.

Offline TwoShadows

January 29, 2009, 08:58:38 AM
Don't mail them until this is resolved. Sorry!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 29, 2009, 09:05:38 AM
Good news, and not so good.

A notice in our mailbox stated the medals are down at the Post Office.  They can't be picked up until the letter carrier returns from her rounds, and that could be after the Post Office closes.  If that's the case, I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Please read the last post and you will see why I must wait a bit before mailing them out.  When Twoshadows says get them in the mail, I'll do it.

Offline Eringobraugh

January 29, 2009, 10:56:22 AM
Hey,If someone doesnt come through and Pay for their medal,i will gladly take it off your hands??? :)......

ALSO

I cant believe this "coin table" doesnt have a King.....What would the Round Table have been without Arthur?

we need to get a contest similar to the "sword in the stone"...so we can find our leader!!!!

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 29, 2009, 11:01:34 AM
Although Twoshadows wouldn't say it, he is the quiet leader.

Without Terry this forum wouldn't exist, nor would the medals.

Speaking of medals, they have arrived, and are sitting on my desk.  Talk about a heavy package!

Haven't opened it up yet, but will soon.

Offline AdamL

January 29, 2009, 11:39:43 AM
May I ask what the issue is that will delay the shipment? Is it just the fact that some people have not made their payment?

-Adam

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 29, 2009, 12:03:17 PM
No, that is not the issue.

Just received an e-mail from Terry, and he stated he will post the "issues" on our forum tomorrow.

I have unpacked the medals, and I think everybody in the Castle who ordered them will be most pleased.

Stay tuned!

You will love the medals.

Offline TwoShadows

January 29, 2009, 12:40:37 PM
I will start a thread tomorrow evening in an effort to describe this issue. I will state right now that we all, as equal members of this Coin Table, have a right to bring up issues that affects each and every one of us. I will post some information, which all of the moderators are currently aware of, and each of you who ordered medallions will have a decision to make. It is as simple as that. When you have made YOUR decision your medallions will be mailed immediately. I/We are taking this action in all fairness to our Knights and Knightesses who are involved in this medallion quest. Thank you for the one day delay. Be back with you tomorrow evening.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

January 29, 2009, 02:34:05 PM
Fair enough. Talk to ya tommorrow  ;)

-Adam

Offline TwoShadows

February 06, 2009, 02:32:15 AM
The 2008 Medallion Quest is nearing an end. The final payment is in the mail today and, as Gary completes the shipping process, our second medallion quest will draw to a close. Humpybong will bring it all to an end when the Aussie medallions arrive Down Under. Thanks to everyone for their support on this project.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

February 06, 2009, 07:19:23 AM
I am sitting here admiring the 2008 KOTCT medallions and they were defintely worth the wait. The relief on the 63mm pewter medallion is absolutely astonishing. While I have a huge fondness for silver I must say I am highly impressed by the antiqued copper medallions which were a gift from Daniel Carr. I don't believe this will be the last we see of antiqued copper as the process REALLY brings out the high lites of this medallion. Simply outstanding what we have done and what we now hold! Thank you Daniel Carr for your world class craftsmanship and service.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

February 06, 2009, 07:24:13 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my silver medal. I expect it will probably get here tommorrow.

-Adam

Offline TwoShadows

February 06, 2009, 09:39:24 AM
AdamL you will be getting an antiqued copper as well! Everyone who ordered will receive that gift from Daniel Carr. Nothing like a little surprise to bring a smile on your face! ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

February 06, 2009, 03:25:21 PM
AdamL you will be getting an antiqued copper as well! Everyone who ordered will receive that gift from Daniel Carr. Nothing like a little surprise to bring a smile on your face! ;)

That is great! I look forward to both then.

-Adam

Tpatna

February 06, 2009, 05:19:58 PM
I received my Medallions today.  They are beautiful coins.  Daniel Carr did an awesome job.
Thank you very much.  Looking forward to the 2009 project

Offline TwoShadows

February 07, 2009, 12:10:07 AM
Somehow I have misplaced address's for Goose and Skisnowmass. Can anyone help us out with those as we are having no luck contacting either one of them. Thanks!

Hey tpatna what did you think of those 63mm pewter medallions. Now that is what I call RELIEF!!!

Terry
Knight #1