May 03, 2024, 07:32:49 AM

News

Medallions   

edix

• Trade Count: (0)
For those who haven't already heard, the 2008 versions of the Knights  of the Coin Table medals are being struck on a surplus press from the Denver Mint that Daniel Carr purchased and restored himself.
To find out more about his press and the restoration, see his new website:
Moonlight Mint

Goose

I read the whole article......VERY INTERESTING with great pictures.

Offline TwoShadows

Very interesting article. NOW we know where our 2008 medallions were struck and the very machine that struck them. I did get my hopes up, at least temporarily, concerning the blanks which Daniel had recovered and made medallions with. Little too costly for this old poor Hoosier but a very unique idea by Daniel to put them back into something worth while. Lots of history in those old blanks and now it is documented right on the blank. Wonder if we are the first medallions to be struck on this press after Daniels initial run?

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline D. Carr

Items struck (so far) on my Denver Mint coin press (in the order produced):

2008 1/10 oz gold 100-Amero coins.
"1964-D" Peace Dollar coins.
2008 Hard Times tokens.
2008 KOTCT 39mm medals.
2008 Founding of Carson City Sesquicentenial medals.

Coming soon:

2008 KOTCT 63mm medals.
2009 Ameros.
2009 Hard Times Tokens.

Offline TwoShadows

I believe we should call the 2009 Hard Times Tokens the 2009 HARDER Times Tokens. Who knows what you can call them in 2010. Perhaps the PreWar for Prosperity Tokens? ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline D. Carr

... Who knows what you can call them in 2010 ?... ;D

Civil War Tokens (I hope not).

Offline D. Carr

Items struck (so far) on my Denver Mint coin press (in the order produced):

2008 1/10 oz gold 100-Amero coins.
"1964-D" Peace Dollar coins.
2008 Hard Times tokens.
2008 KOTCT 39mm medals.
2008 Founding of Carson City Sesquicentenial medals.

Coming soon:

2008 KOTCT 63mm medals.
2009 Ameros.
2009 Hard Times Tokens.

I almost forgot - the Denver Mint Grabener coin press medals were struck just prior to the 2008 Hard Times tokens.

edix

scottishmoney

Daniel copied me on the links to the sales page, and I am seriously considering some of those for my collection.  They are very well designed and struck.

Offline Eringobraugh

WOW...that restoration looked liked a Major Major undertaking

I,for one am impressed

"If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline TwoShadows

Now you know why there was a delay in getting the 2008 Medallion project done. Daniel worked all summer on his dream and while it was a long journey for him he did take the time to keep us informed. We certainly were not facing a dead line and knowing the history behind this coin press makes these medallions special in my mind. Can't wait to hear some more response to the quality of these medallions when they reach all of you.

Terry
Knight #1

longnine009

CoinWorld  did a pretty extensive article on Daniel Carr and his Denver press, including photos. It's in the 2/23/09 issue. Most of it looks like the same info that's on his web site.  But it's still pretty neat that he's getting some publicity.