Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
2008 Medallion --Things to Consider
December 16, 2008, 05:41:14 PM
I would expect to have our 2008 Medallions in just a few days.

This year I won't be able to use attending the World Series as a reason for being a tad late in mailing them out.  I think watching the Rockies in the playoffs and World Series was what caused a few days delay.

To make shipping go quickly, I do need to have the mailing addresses of all purchasers.  If you have moved recently, or have any reason to think I don't have your address, you should e-mail, or PM, it to me at your earliest convenience.

At one time I had a long list of addresses, but then had computer problems.

Pat (MaountainLady) and I look forward to mailing the Medallions to our members, hopefully starting the day they arrive here in Colorado.

Questions or comments?  Please post them.

:) :) :) :)

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
Re: 2008 Medallion --Things to Consider
December 16, 2008, 09:50:57 PM
More items of mail are likely to go astray at this time of the year. I don't mind waiting till January before you post.

My address is still the same.

Thank you Gary and Pat.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline TwoShadows

December 17, 2008, 09:39:13 AM
Gary I have addresses of everyone who used PayPal to make their payments. I must assume those are correct unless someone has moved and WHO could afford to move now? ;D Let me know if you are missing any when the mailing time rolls around.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 17, 2008, 11:03:55 AM
Sounds good Terry.

Addresses then, shouldn't be a problem.

Last year went to Sam's to buy a box of bubble wrap mailers.  Those were the cheapest around.  Also, good quality.

Can't really tell on shipping (mailing) charges.  Will depend on weight and where they are headed.

I think we sent all the Aussie medallians to one Australian.  Hopefully someone will volunteeer for that task again this year.

Offline TwoShadows

December 17, 2008, 01:02:59 PM
I am thinking Nevol already has or was that for the woodies? None the less I will send the funds to the mailer in OZ if he/she has a PayPal address and can provide a good estimate of costs. After all we did charge everyone for shipping. One package to Oz is a lot cheaper than a dozen so we can provide some expense money down under as well. Any takers down there?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

December 17, 2008, 02:32:59 PM
CoinCrusader, you may have my address, or you may not, I'm not sure. PM about to be sent.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 17, 2008, 03:52:58 PM
Received.

Thanks.

Offline Humpybong

December 17, 2008, 04:39:27 PM

I was the distributor for the medals last year and happy to do it again this year, if you have no one else Terry.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 17, 2008, 07:00:25 PM
Sounds great Barry.

What do you think Terry?

Offline TwoShadows

December 18, 2008, 08:40:55 AM
Barry is going to play Santa down under. If you would get me an estimate of your shipping costs and mailers so I can forward a few bucks to you by PayPal.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
December 18, 2008, 09:44:39 AM
I am going to be out of town at least until Feb so no hurry mailing mine. Last year postage they came in a well wrapped parcel. This year my order is slightly smaller. Perhaps a flat rate Priority mail box would be the cheapest mailing option. Just a suggestion.
Should you need additional funds to cover my excessive postage PM me and I will paypal you them.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline TwoShadows

December 18, 2008, 11:13:42 AM
Perhaps Gary can get your package all ready to go and then SIT ON IT until he/we know you are back home? The important thing to me/us is that EVERYONE gets their medallions in a timely manner and seeing how your best time would be near February it would probably be best to hold up on shipping? I Just hope Gary doesn't get too attached to your coins! That mountain air does strange things! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

December 19, 2008, 10:12:29 PM

Terry....how long is a piece of string?

I do not know how many medals......to whom they are going to....so estimates a bit tough.

Will let you know when the deed is done

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline TwoShadows

December 20, 2008, 01:17:30 AM
Hey Humpy you can find the order information, provided by Edix, in the other 2008 medallion thread. It should tell you how many Aussies have medallions coming. The weight would be a guessing game but at least you will know how many bubble mailers you need to buy and perhaps, based on last year, you will come up with some sort of idea on the postage? None the less I will need a PayPal address to forward you some expense money when the time comes. We can always adjust accordingly after you mail the parcels. I can send down a few more bucks or you can send a couple of GRAND back!!! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

December 22, 2008, 01:43:30 PM
I do believe we are nearing a delivery date on the 2008 Medallions. We will do the very same thing we did last year when filling orders. ALL paid orders will go out as quickly as Mountain Lady can get her staff (CoinCrusader) to get his work done. She is a great supervisor! Any medallions we have not received payment for will be placed up for sale to the membership sometime in January. Please make arrangements, if you are going to be delayed in getting payment to us, so that we may help you in such a way to guarantee your order. If I/We do not hear from those who may be outstanding on payments I/We will assume you are no longer interested. My/Our goal is to wrap up this medallion quest and make the final payment to D. Carr. If there are left over funds, after the balance is paid, my goal is to extend the life of this forum and our domain names for another 2 year period. With that out of the way we will be able to breath pretty easy until the fall of 2011. I hope this suits everyone, especially those of you who have donated or auctioned items to make the 2008 Medallion Quest successful, as knocking off two birds with one stone would be beyond a huge success. Hopefully we will be able to do so and then we can look forward to our next project (whatever that may be!)

If any of you have a differing opinion on these matters I/We sure would like to hear from you soon. We are sponser free at this time and I rather like the freedom that offers us. We can buy, sell and trade freely on this site or advertise as we see fit. Any opinions?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 22, 2008, 04:51:29 PM
Twoshadows,

I agree with everything you stated.

At this point, how long is our site paid for?  What is the cost per year?

I have no doubt that we could pay well ahead on our site simply by auctioning off a medal or two.  There has to be tens of thousands of medal collectors out there, and our medal is certainly special for many reasons.

Offline TwoShadows

December 23, 2008, 12:29:55 AM
Now you are taxing my memory!!! ??? If I remember correctly, and I will probably need TKO to advise on some of this as he spent some money on his own that I was not aware of, the domain names we own (two years) and a two year lease on the site probably totaled less than $350.00. I know I am close with that number but it would not be actual. GoDaddy has and is offering repeated specials so my goal is to get in the door again with a great discount. Currently they are only offering 10% to re-up so I will wait until the medallion project is over and paid for before I start watching those discounts closely. I do hope there will be some money left over in the event I/We do get a great offer and can jump on it. Will keep you posted and, as always, should something come up worthwhile I will post a message IMMEDIATELY. Untll then I am watching to keep the castle alive and well and looking for another 2 year lease! ;D

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 24, 2008, 11:45:00 AM
It's Christmas Eve here in western Colorado.

The mail today brought no medals.

Maybe this coming Friday!?

Dumanyu

December 24, 2008, 12:54:25 PM
It's Christmas Eve here in western Colorado.

The mail today brought no medals.

Maybe this coming Friday!?

I told you CC, January 5th... Everybody say it with me now!!! ;D

Offline TwoShadows

December 24, 2008, 01:03:15 PM
Thats not what a little elf told me? Rumor had shipment from D. Carr before Xmas but you know how rumors get started. I did insist. more or less, that the medallions HAD to be struck in 2008 but have not heard any more from D. Carr. I, just as everyone else, am waiting for a posting from Daniel. Any day now?
While we had best intentions way back last spring to get this program underway I am NOW grateful we stalled a bit as the price of silver changed drastically in our favor. Some times it does pay to be patient!!!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 24, 2008, 03:19:31 PM
This is getting the cart way before the horse, however...

Although Twoshadows makes a good point about the price of silver, I really do hope, that if we elect to continue the medal tradition, that we get an earlier start next year.

Offline TwoShadows

December 25, 2008, 01:06:16 AM
I will agree with you CoinCrusader. We are still pretty new to this but learning quickly. I see some opportunity to speed things up a bit but will wait until the time is right to start a discussion on next year! You and Mountain Lady still have THIS project headed your way!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 25, 2008, 07:03:18 PM
And, we look forward to it!!

Offline TwoShadows

December 26, 2008, 10:09:38 AM
Hey Gary have you counted up the number of packages and possible shipping charges yet? I hope both you and Humpybong can get some idea so I will be able to forward the necessary funds to you. Let me know! (Both of you)

Terry
Knight #1

edix

December 26, 2008, 04:26:26 PM
I'll be PMing my address, just in case.
rrgoodie wrote me looking where to sent payment, so heads up, twoshadows.
I corresponded with Daniel Carr the other day and he's busy at his private mint. I'm sure we'll all find out soon when things will be ready.
Merry, Merry!

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
December 26, 2008, 06:39:06 PM
An up-date on preparations.

Our daughter (MedicMichelle89) went to Grand Junction today, and I asked her to make purchases for me at Sam's, which I think is the best place to get quality for low price.

She bought two boxes of Scotch bubble wrap mailers (total 50), and a package of Scotch mailing tape.  Mailers cost $10, and the tape cost $18.

The good news is that I will charge our KOTCT account for only what is used.  I will be able to make use of the left over mailers and tape.

So I think we're ready to go here.

Twoshadows, it would be a good idea to e-mail me all the mailing addresses you have on hand.  We sure don't want to mail any medals to incorrect destinations.

For the Australia mailing, of course we will need more that a bubble wrap mailer.  I'll find a suitable box.

As far as postage costs, I still can't see how we would know for sure.  We have to know the weight and where the package is heading.  However, I will stop by the post office on Monday, take a couple medals with me, and ask for an approximation.

Hope everybody is enjoying the Christmas season.

edix

December 26, 2008, 06:53:51 PM
I don't know if it will affect these orders, but new postal price increases go into effect January 18, 2009.
More info

jettonstudio

December 31, 2008, 04:03:35 PM
I am new here and missed out on both the 2007 and 2008 member coins. I am a big fan of Daniel's buying many of his Amero collection. Can anyone point me toward who might have any 07 or 08 coins? Silver if I have a choice, but anything would be nice. Thank you.

edix

December 31, 2008, 04:34:46 PM
For 2007 issues, see the post by nohope587:
Population reserves for the 2007 medal
and nohope587 is likely the one to be in contact with concerning 2008 reserves, if twoshadows doesn't have another source lined up yet.

Offline TwoShadows

January 03, 2009, 12:46:20 PM
UPDATE: Part of the copper medallions have been struck. Daniel Carr is STILL waiting for the silver blanks, along with the pewter, to be delivered. They are much behind schedule but apparently have been promised no later than Wed. Our wait continues but I can assure everyone Daniel Carr's work is worth the wait. Will keep you all posted as soon as I, or Gary, hear more.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 03, 2009, 01:03:21 PM
Terry,

Please be sure to e-mail me all the mailing addresses you have on hand, so that there is no delay once we receive the medals in the mail.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
January 03, 2009, 08:56:05 PM
My predicted delivery date of 26th January (Aust. day) is looking good. LOL

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Yass

January 04, 2009, 10:09:17 AM
My predicted delivery date of 26th January (Aust. day) is looking good. LOL

My date in December is probably an even safer bet LOL  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
January 13, 2009, 05:32:43 PM
Terry,

For future reference.

I just ran across some of last year's receipts for mailing out the medals.

The package to Australia (Barry) was $36.00, counting insurance fee.
Package to RenaL was $14, counting insurance fee.
Average mailing to individuals in the U.S. was about $1.90.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to e-mail the mailing addresses because it shouldn't be long now.