May 17, 2024, 08:15:32 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline SirStacksALot

It seems like everything turned upside down today here in Ohio (USA) today.  The kids are done with school for at least three weeks and everything is canceled.  I'm still going to work since I work at a power plant.  The stock market crashed pretty hard again today, and there was a pretty big run on the stores today.  So far my family seems healthy. I was supposed to fly to Texas in a couple weeks, but I really don't think I want to fly far from my family at this point.  The media  is full of shit, and looking at the John Hopkins numbers, it looks like this virus is pretty bad.  I hope all of you are safe, and I'd like to hear your thoughts. Be safe my friends.

The following users thanked this post: TKO

Offline Kena

It work for a multi-national software development company with offices around the world, so when this week started, we encouraged to work from home and yesterday it changed to we are required to work from home until at least next Friday (20th of March).

I had already booked off the last three Friday's this month.

While England has not gone into lock down like other places yet, schools are still open with folks who can work from home are doing so.  Sports events and other events are being called off.  Some folks have said that the UK government should have placed the whole country into lock down. 

One of the cats is at the vet today, only change there is that the cleaning stuff thru the day.  Traffic in the area that the place is seemed normal.

Since I grew up in South Florida, we did not have to a stock up on stuff, since we always have a bunch of extra stuff for several weeks in the house.  So we just replace what we need.

Going to our friend who is a butcher early in the morning on Saturday since it is quiet when we get there.  He did say that traffic is up a bit this week for him.

Be safe everyone.

Offline Mackinac

Harrisburg PA
Work for the United States Postal Service
Parcel package volume is up. Seems a lot of ppl are buying items online.
Complete sections of grocery store shelves are empty. Toilet paper and bottled water seem to be the most popular along with can goods.
No confirmed cases of the virus in central and western PA.
In my opinion I think this is a bit of an over reaction. Bringing the entire economy to a holt for a virus with a similar death rate to the flu.
Older ppl and those with compromised health should think twice about going to public places but younger healthy ppl should not fear this.
I'm 41. If I get sick there is over a 99% chance I'll get better.
I just don't think this is the type of virus to collapse the world economy over.

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

Offline Cheezhed

In Michigan all the schools are closed starting today for 3 weeks. I'm safe so far.

Greetings and Salutations!

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
I'm in Western Australia. We have about 30 confirmed cases at this stage. Only one death, but he came of the Diamond Princess.
Some people are panic buying. Toilet rolls, paper towels, hand sanitiser, rice, pasta and flour are just a few of the items that are
hard to get hold of at the moment. Supermarkets are rationing them.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline TKO

We're all still healthy....

My kids are on week 2 of a 2 week spring break. We received an automated message saying they don't want them back until 4-6-2020. No eating in restaurants allowed or bars. All store shelves are relatively bare. I'm still working but, don't know for how much longer. Word has it that they might shut us down for a couple weeks too.

I will keep this updated.

TKO™

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
In just 4 days, we have jumped from 30 to 64 cases.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline Redlock

I live in the hardest hit county of Germany (''Thanks'' to a carnival party on Feb. 15 where a superspreader infected a lot of people).

County's pop.: 254.000
Latest count (20-Mar-2020, 16.00 = 4 p.m.): 916 cases; 11 dead

In the entire state (pop. 18.000.000): 6257 cases, 20 dead

Germany: 20.600

Germany

Offline Kena

Our company changed the worldwide work from home to the 7th of April but this has now been over ridden by the at least 3 week UK lockdown put in place tonight.

"Mr Johnson said members of the public should not leave the house except for these reasons:

Shop for essentials, as infrequently as possible

Exercise outdoors once per day, alone or with household members

Receive medical treatment or provide care

Travel to and from work if impossible to work from home"

Offline Oih82w8

I was informed today that I would teleworking for the foreseeable future.  Mixed emotions about this.  Be well all!

oih82w8 = "oh I hate to wait"

Offline Paint Your Wagon

I hope all of you are well
In Belgium they expect 50% of all people in elderly care to die
I have not been out of the front door for 6 weeks now
Happy Easter to all survivors

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

The following users thanked this post: TKO, Oih82w8

Offline HʘʘT Owl

Hope y'all are as well as can be, stay safe.

Offline Kena

The company that I work for extended our worldwide working from home until the 4th of May a while back.  We are expecting that the UK lockdown will continue when it is reviewed on Thursday of this week.

Offline Redlock

Top German federal government leaders, together with state government leaders, will hold a meeting on Wednesday (15-Apr-2020)  and take a look at the current situation and decide how to proceed. There's mounting pressure to ease the restrictions and get the economy going again.

Germany

The following users thanked this post: Oih82w8

Offline Dwhiz

Let's see on Thursday March 26th I went to the ER with major chest stress. They stabilized me.
Friday March 27th I went to the Cat lab, the doctor said he need to consult with my heart guy .
The consultation results I needed by-pass surgery . That was scheduled for Monday March 30th between 11AM and 1PM.
Monday March 30th I had double by-pass.
Tuesday March 31st I don't remember a thing
Wednesday and Thursday I progressed very nicely
Friday April 3rd they sent me home at 3:30 PM, been home since and doing very well.
Other then that it's been uneventful.
I must thank all the doctors, nurses,support staff of the hospital that did a wonderful job on making me better.
Hope your all well.

The following users thanked this post: Oih82w8