May 17, 2024, 04:39:49 PM

News

Medallions   

Dumanyu

• Trade Count: (0)
Trade Credit from Secret Bunny / Santa?
April 01, 2008, 03:39:04 PM
I posted this question under the "Secret Bunny for 2008" post, but maybe I'll get more of an audience with a new post.

Question: Should not all those who have participated in the Secret "Whatever" get profile credit for completing successful trades? I suggest this to bolster all our trade "credibility" for others to see, and possibly enhance the trust we all have in each other. Moreover, we have all completed "blind" trades, since we never knew what was coming back to each of us. I personally think it is a good idea.

What say the masses?

Offline Humpybong

Re: Trade Credit from Secret Bunny / Santa?
April 01, 2008, 03:59:55 PM

Being the devil's advocate.........

You did not trade with the person who sent you coins......you sent to someone else......

Also it is a Secret Bunny/Santa so you are not supposed to know who the other party is (even though most of us know)

therefore how can you claim a "trade"

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline TwoShadows

April 01, 2008, 04:17:53 PM
One option we have would be for the moderator of such events as the Secret Bunny, which in this case is Humpybong, to give the trade credit in an effort to show each participant fulfilled his/her obligations to he project. This would enhance the numbers somewhat to show more credibility on a greater number of members.
Also another area which we might consider are the giving or providing articles of numismatic nature. I just sent a couple of copies of Numismatic News to India and even though there was no value on my end I have taken the time to provide something a member elsewhere in the world had requested. Also each of us must, like it or not, pay postage each time we share with our friends across the globe. Many times I have received items out of friendship that were unexpected and unannounced. It would be great if we could offer something in return for these acts of kindness and seeing how we do already count trade exchanges I don't think it would hurt to lump these acts of kindness into those same numbers? Just a thought.
I do think these new numbers must be monitored and/or registered by specific individuals?

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline EgCollector

April 01, 2008, 09:41:55 PM
I think that submitting a trade feedback is a way to say Thank you. The number of trades is not of great importance. I have several trades that i didnt get a trade feedback on although i submitted a positive feedback for the trade, and it doesnt matter. I am happy to have new friends, trustable people whom i am still willing to make another trades with.

I don't think it would hurt to lump these acts of kindness into those same numbers? Just a thought.

I agree. I think we can add a gift feedback to the trader, seller, buyer feedback options. Just a suggestion.

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
April 05, 2008, 02:43:45 AM
I think this is getting a bit too detailed.  I love the trading and buying feedback, but let's face it.  If a person wasn't a trustable person, a good trader and an all around great coin collector, they wouldn't be here in the first place.  I don't want to see everyone getting caught up in the bells and whistles, wanting to see their numbers go higher and higher.

Just my halfcent's opinion. ;)

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline Muckeye

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Master Collector
April 05, 2008, 09:36:19 PM
And a bloody good half cents worth at that, Tracy.
We are already keeping it honest, let's keep it simple as well :)
I don't need a great pile of streamers and balloons adorning my forum name, I know who my friends are. ;)
regards,

Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Offline Humpybong

April 06, 2008, 10:36:32 AM

I have looked and there is nowhere in the system that will allow "trade" credits for these.  I have however given a "thank you" credit to each person in the Secret Bunny.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"