May 17, 2024, 08:00:12 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

Precious Metal Bars
March 28, 2008, 11:13:18 AM
Well if anyone is interested you can now purchase copper, aluminum and tin precious metal bars. Another world of collecting???

See Moneygifts Inc for current prices on their offerings of copper, aluminum and tin!!! Who knows what will be the next big sleeper? ;D  ;D  ;D

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

scottishmoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Precious Metal Bars
March 28, 2008, 01:16:28 PM
I have seen these things going on eBay for exponentially more than bullion.  A price near bullion is a requisite for my purchase of anything.  I caved and bought 100oz. AR bars last year, but I really do not like them and as soon as silver marches onwards I will part with them.  Things like that are too much space in a bank vault, and not enough value return. 

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 29, 2008, 12:26:08 AM
I have seen these things going on eBay for exponentially more than bullion.  A price near bullion is a requisite for my purchase of anything.  I caved and bought 100oz. AR bars last year, but I really do not like them and as soon as silver marches onwards I will part with them.  Things like that are too much space in a bank vault, and not enough value return. 

In ebay Germany they are even selling palladium and other bars
Catch is silver and any other non gold bar carries 17% value added tax and that immidiately becomes a 17% loss in Europe ( Percentage varies slightly from 14 to 19 I think depending upon which country you live in . How is that for a EUROPEAN UNION )

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

scottishmoney

March 29, 2008, 02:23:51 AM
I would suggest that 17% VAT taxes just make a lot of people sell on the sly.

dharmaeye

March 29, 2008, 05:13:14 AM

Underground economy
Higher taxes create

scottishmoney

March 29, 2008, 05:46:05 AM
True, but taxes are the root of the vicious cycle.

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 29, 2008, 06:00:29 AM

They do not sell on the sly they sell on the bay  :P
Perfume has like 21% tax now I was never able to buy two times from the same person . They sell for holiday like Xmas and new year and then they disappear
My last purchase ( which I did not know at the time of purchase ) was from a Dutchman with a home and bankadres in Spain

You know the black market expresstion ? Black meaning outside the government light ?

We have a joke here
What is the cheapest way of painting your house white ? Panting it black  :D

Anyway like I said somewhere the French have a VAT on gold as only country in Europe ; you can imagine without any customs or any borders and a fast train to Brussels how many come and buy and sell in Brussels  :(

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 29, 2008, 06:09:08 AM

Underground economy
Higher taxes create

Very true
If everybody paid his taxes and declared his true income I would have been paying half of both for all my life  ???
But they get us back taxing us to death on gasoline and roadtaxes and cartaxes and immatriculation cost and taxes
In other words they milk anybody with a car dry

The latest is that the price of tapwater mostly used for bathing and washing machines but of drinkable quality has now risen
to like 120 $ per quarter so for the first time in my life I got an interim invoice instead of a yearly invoice accompanied by a leaflet
saying that I get awake thirsty in the middle of the night to drink tapwater ; but they forget the cloramine to debug the water tastes
orphul unless you let the tap run long enough to get cold tap water and by then you spilled enough liters to buy bottled water