May 17, 2024, 07:08:25 PM

News

Medallions   

Goose

• Trade Count: (0)
A few things to mention.
March 17, 2008, 04:00:52 AM
First, I signed up for the 'Secret Bunny'. Last week, I explained the problem in 'Contests & Giveaways.' I DID mail a Secret Bunny package last week and had a request for a verification of my name and addy from my Secret Bunny (on another email server). I replied with my NEW email addy, but no reply so far as to emailing or PMing me. Everything is correct now. (I'm not too sharp on a computer, but I get by.)

I frequent this site every day and post every now and then. But, my 'post count' has been stuck on 18 for the last few months and I believe I have in excess of 30 posts by now. I also think my 'total time logged in' is also stuck. Any remedies? Thanks 'Goose'

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Re: A few things to mention.
March 17, 2008, 07:18:21 AM
Goose,

As I understand it, you get a post count only if you have posted in an area dealing with coins.  Also, as I understand it, if house cleaning is done, and a thread erased, the posts go with it.

If this were most other coin collecting forums, I would have well over 1000 posts by now.

So, at this stage in our development, such records as "number of posts" have been given a very low priority.

Regarding a lack of "time on line," I'm sure one of the two Terrys will explain what's wrong, and how to fix it.

Hope this helps.

:) :) :) :)

Goose

March 17, 2008, 08:13:32 AM
Thanks for your reply C'Crusader, I won't get bent out of shape anymore. 'Goose'

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
March 17, 2008, 09:32:11 PM
Yes.  Only certain forums count toward your post counts; the ones that deal specifically with coins. General Discussions, and most of the other often used forums don't count.

But in the end, does that really matter?  We all know we all live on this website and post a billion times a day. ;D  The numbers don't matter one little bit.  And that, my dear Knights, is why we sit at a table that is Round.  Equality!

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline TKO

March 25, 2008, 10:54:29 AM
Hello Mr. Goose,

So far everyone is right about the post count situation. We had quite the discussion a few months back and to be honest with you I wished the post counts could have been eliminated all together. It is easily done by just using "Member Groups" instead of "Post Count Groups".

We currently have counting set-up on all the threads that deal with coins and notes. All of the other threads are used mostly for bulletin board type messages and not really a whole lot of numismatic substance. There are some discussions that work their way into these threads about coins or coin related activity now and then but, the status quo agreed that these threads really didn't warrant post counts.

As far as your total time online counts, I haven't a clue. My time changes every time I refresh my screen. It does lock until then but will change after a screen refresh. I'll monitor your account for a while to see if there is something quirky about how the software manages your account. If I find anything unusual I will certainly let you know and the software authors to see if something can be done to remedy this.

I hope this has clarified everything. My hat is off to those who offered their factual knowledge of how things are managed. This tells me that I really do have elves ( just like Santa) helping whenever they can.

All for now....

TKO

TKO™

Goose

March 25, 2008, 01:47:47 PM
Everything has been clearly explained....thanks to all. Now IF I mention a coin (nickel) will it count as a post? (Heh, heh). Hey everyone, I'm not that concerned, but I noticed that my post count didn't go up for awhile and I was just curious why it didn't.