Medallions   

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Australian Boxing Question
March 10, 2008, 10:39:32 AM
I don't really care for boxing because of the damage it does.

However, from time to time I have been interested in the heavyweight division.  Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and Ali made it interesting.

The other night I was watching ESPN and they carried a fight which happened, I think, in 2001.

It was the Lennox Lewis vs. Rahman fight where Lewis was knocked out.

I always sort of liked Lewis, and was surprised to learn that he was born in Queensland, Australia.

So, I am wondering what ever happened to him?  Did he regain the title?  Did he retire?  Is he still fighting?

Anybody know?

:) :) :) :)

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Re: Australian Boxing Question
March 10, 2008, 06:48:08 PM

"However, on April 21, 2001, Lewis was knocked out by 15-to-1 underdog Hasim Rahman in a bout in South Africa."

"Lewis regained the title on November 17 by knocking out Hasim Rahman in the fourth round of their rematch."

"Lewis decided to pursue other interests, including sports management and music promotion. Lewis said he will not return to the ring. At his retirement, Lewis' record was 41 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, with 32 wins by knockout."

"Lewis is now a boxing commentator on HBO. He also appeared recently in the film Johnny Was as the DJ of a pirate radio station, alongside actors such as Vinnie Jones and Eriq La Salle.  Lewis appeared in the 2007 world series of poker and was knocked out without winning any money.  Lewis appeared on NBC's Celebrity Apprentice in 2008."

"Upon retiring from boxing, Lewis moved to Miami Beach with his wife, Violet, a former Miss Jamaica runner-up. The couple has a daughter named Ling, and a son, Landon. Lewis told AventuraUSA.com in 2007 that he is contemplating opening an "international boxing academy" and perhaps one day starting a record label, but contrary to rumours, he has yet to embark on either endeavour."

The following users thanked this post: TKO

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Re: Australian Boxing Question
March 10, 2008, 06:58:25 PM
Thanks Snooba.

Interesting that the ESPN show stated he was born in Australia, when that evidentally isn't the case.

:) :) :) :)

The following users thanked this post: TKO