May 17, 2024, 08:00:19 PM

News

Medallions   

Dumanyu

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone have a Wii Game?
March 05, 2008, 03:16:01 PM
We have had a Wii (video game system) since Christmas, and today I received my copy of Tiger Woods '08 Golf Game for the Wii. Truly awesome game playing the professional courses during the cold winter months. Yes, I suck at it, but I did manage to hit an Eagle and some chip in Birdies at the TPC at Sawgrass. Cool game as you actually have to interact with the game as opposed to sitting on the duff pushing buttons.
JMHO

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
Re: Anyone have a Wii Game?
March 05, 2008, 04:52:33 PM
The two grandkids who spend a lot of time with us got a Wii for Christmas, and play it here at our house on the big screen TV.

Their favorites are Donkey Cong and Pirates of the Caribbean.

They are known as Coin Girl and Coin Boy on CCF, and at this stage of their lives, Wii is more important than coin collecting.  Hopefully that will change as they mature.

Actually, as I think about it, our "kids" (oldest is 40) really like video games also.  Guess I just am from another generation, or too dang old, or something.

:) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D

Offline AdamL

March 05, 2008, 05:58:14 PM
I have two freinds who own wiis, supposedly for their kids, but we have alot of fun on them too. Have not played the golf yet.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
March 05, 2008, 06:07:47 PM
The grandkids love all the sports games -- table tennis, boxing, tennis, golf...

:) :) :) :)

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
March 05, 2008, 08:47:23 PM
We have a Wii, the kids love it, but I have no time for electronic games of any sort.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline Muckeye

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Master Collector
March 05, 2008, 09:22:40 PM
Hang in there Gary, I think you and I are on the same wave length.
We'll know when we will need to get that electronic stimulation that keeps the younger generation alive today.
Check out a song by Slim Whitman called ' I Wish I Was Eighteen Again'.
I cry when i listen to it.
You'll understand.
regards,

Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 06, 2008, 02:36:49 AM
Can you believe I only found out what a Wii is when two months ago I saw my wife's friend's daughter boxing the TV  ???
I like computer games but like SOF 2 ( Soldier of Fortune) or starwars etc

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Dumanyu

March 06, 2008, 10:07:22 AM
Can you believe I only found out what a Wii is when two months ago I saw my wife's friend's daughter boxing the TV  ???
I like computer games but like SOF 2 ( Soldier of Fortune) or starwars etc

I know what it's like to be a bit out of touch with the current trends. Before taking up the real game of golf, I used to see commercials where kids would quote, "I'm Tiger Woods". I would always wonder, "Who or what was Tiger Woods"?

djluster

March 06, 2008, 02:58:29 PM
we got one for the family at christmas this year as well. It is alot of fun. My son 6 plays it alot he has slowed down now but was playing Star wars almost all day for weeks during christmas break. Also The wife and I have Guitar hero we both beat the easy level. I also have Madden 2008 but I don't really enjoy it as much as the madden for the Xbox. my son has about 4 other games as well. plus we have the fun wiiplay sports games.

Dumanyu

March 07, 2008, 01:56:20 PM
Last night I started on the the first round of the Fedex Tournament starting out at even par. After the first round I'm in a 5 way tie for first with a 7 under. ;D Of course, in real life I couldn't par a hole on the real course if my life depended on it, but it is fun to imagine.

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
March 08, 2008, 03:08:46 PM
We have a Wii, that we got the night they came available.  My husband is such a game freak it's scary sometimes.

My games include the Wii sports, where I love the bowling, and I play the Endless Ocean game also.  it's really interesting and relaxing!

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Dumanyu

March 11, 2008, 04:05:40 PM
Last night I started on the the first round of the Fedex Tournament starting out at even par. After the first round I'm in a 5 way tie for first with a 7 under. ;D Of course, in real life I couldn't par a hole on the real course if my life depended on it, but it is fun to imagine.

Getting better at the golf game... got 3 holes in one and finally beat Chris DeMarco in match play 2 and 1. Now I just need someone else to play the game with here at home, so I can kick some butt ;)

scottishmoney

March 13, 2008, 03:23:02 AM
My kiddies want one, but the rule is with that kind of stuff, they only appreciate it if they buy it, and so far they are not doing well on saving.