May 18, 2024, 06:47:20 AM

News

Medallions   

djluster

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for a 2008 50c Scouting
January 28, 2008, 02:15:53 PM
I am looking to trade for a 2008 50c Scouting BU. I am not sure if this coin is meant for circulation or not but  I would like to trade for one. If they are meant for circulation then I would like to get more.
My son has just join the Cub scouts this year and is a Tiger cub. My wife volunterens me to be the Cubmaster. SO I thought his would be a great thing to get. And i though if these coin were going to be the ones that circulate then I would trade or buy some for my sons den and maybe give out a few to other boys who get there arrow of light. I just saw a add in Downies for them and though before I buy them there would see what you guys could do. Or see if you could get them cheaper

I don't have alot to trade but I have about 6 or 7 Nice MS franklin half dollar. or I could trade for some President dollar or I can see if I could find something I could trade for.
And if we cna not come up with a trade I am whiling to buy one or two.

Offline Humpybong

Re: Looking for a 2008 50c Scouting
January 28, 2008, 02:44:03 PM

They will be for circulation but will not be available until 1st February

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

djluster

January 28, 2008, 03:12:00 PM
Sorry. I didn't say they were Australian 50 Cents. I saw them today when I got the Downies newsletter. I also saw there was a silver proof but I am short on funds so I will not be getting that one.

Thank you humpybong for the info so if anyone can help me out with some after they get some it would help. I would like to get one in the card and get some others not in the card as well so if some of you can help when you see them let me know.

Offline Humpybong

January 28, 2008, 03:45:44 PM

I can do that for you.....the circulation one may take time to filter into the system.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
January 28, 2008, 08:08:16 PM
Danny, I have ordered 8 of these coins.
4 are for a friend who is the district Scout leader and 4 are for me.
I will be keeping only 2, the other 2 are for trading.
Let me know if you would like these 2.
It might be a couple of weeks before I receive them though.

I also have a 1 Kuna here for you, if you still need one.
If I remember correctly, you were after one, because it is the same name as your town.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

djluster

January 29, 2008, 04:52:49 PM
Steve I would be interested in one of them. I will let you keep the other since there is probaly others that might want it. I am not sure what you had to pay for it so send me a message of what you might want for it. also is is one of the ones in the card or not in the card.

humpybong, also when you see some in circulation I would like to see if you could find me a few I need atleast 5 but more would be great. but if you can't get very many then I can see if other members here can get them.

thank you guys. Please let me know what you guys might want to if I don't have it I can work on it or so I can put something away that way I don't trade it or sell what you might want.

djluster

January 29, 2008, 04:56:45 PM
one other thing. does the bank or any other finical instution sell roll of 50 cent pieces. that way if I want to whole roll I might be able to get one or can only curtion people or company get them.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 29, 2008, 08:10:41 PM
Danny, the coins I have ordered are the carded ones. They are AUD$4.95 each.

We can work out a trade later, when I receive them.

I'll put one aside for you.

As for the circulated coins, they usually come in bags of $10, not rolls.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 30, 2008, 07:58:28 PM

They will be for circulation but will not be available until 1st February

Are you sure?  I thought the fifty-cent was not for circulation, that it was the Scouting one-dollar coin that would be for circulation.

??? ??? ???

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 30, 2008, 09:29:08 PM
I thought the same, Snooba, but I wasn't sure. I was waiting to see if someone would say this. According to a Scout web site I saw the other day, they mentioned a $1 coin in February. There was no mention of a 50c though.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Humpybong

January 31, 2008, 09:58:13 AM

You are correct the 50 cent will be issued on a card and it is the $1 coin that will issued for circulation.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
January 31, 2008, 12:52:47 PM
The Scouting 50¢ became available today.  I just got some from my local coin store.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

djluster

Re: Looking for a 2008 50c/1 dollar Scouting
January 31, 2008, 01:31:15 PM
OK then let me change this. I am going to need about 15 dollar or I don't know how many come in a bag or roll but if someone could get me 15-20 worth of the dollars then that would help. I would still like to trade for atleast one 50 cent coin maybe two one for me and on for my son.
I know that Steve has one 50 cent that I am going to trade for but I would like to trade or buy form someone the dollar.If anyone can get them can you please send me a message and we will see if I can come up with a far trade. Also when are the 1 dollar coin coming avalible. Can anyone get 50cent for cheaper the 4.95 ASD I know that is what steve paid but was not sure if you. could et them much cheaper

Offline Humpybong

January 31, 2008, 05:07:44 PM

I just picked up 3 from coin shop in city.  Still cost AUD4.95 each.

The only way you would get them cheaper is to by direct from the Royal Australian Mint and have them posted direct to you in US.
That way you would not pay the 10% GST tax (a saving of 0.45c).

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
January 31, 2008, 05:14:56 PM
The Scouting 2008 50¢ is a collector coin, and won't be going into circulation, so each one will cost $4.95 in Australia.

RE the Scouting 2008 $1, this is straight from the Scout website:http://www.scouts.com.au/main.asp?iMenuID=11624150

"Centenary Coins - In late February, there will be launched: a $1 circulatory coin; and three Centenary commemorative coins ($10 gold, $5 Silver and $0.50 Cupernickel)."

Once they are released for circulation, you should be able to get as many as you need for face value, plus postage costs to US. If anyone can get a Security Roll for you there will be 20 coins in it.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
January 31, 2008, 06:55:39 PM
I'll make sure I keep a look out for a security roll of the one-dollar coins whenever I do the shopping.  If I manage to get one, I'll let you know and you can tell me if you still want the coins.

Regards,
Snooba.

:) :) :) :) :)