May 10, 2024, 06:27:21 AM

News

Medallions   

Dumanyu

• Trade Count: (0)
The N List
January 27, 2008, 03:31:12 PM
Here's a list of the "N" countries for my OFEC list...

Nabha
Namibia
Narayanpett
Nauru
Navarre
Nejd
Nevis
New Hebrides
New South Wales
Niger
Niue
North Peru
Nova Scotia
Neunberg
Neuva Galicia
Neuva Granada
Neuva Viscaya
Nulles

Thanks for looking,

Tobyle

Re: The N List
January 27, 2008, 04:38:58 PM
Can defininately give you some New Zealand coins - and possibly some circulated coins from New Caledonia and Nepal (have to check on those ones)

Dumanyu

January 28, 2008, 10:47:17 AM
Can defininately give you some New Zealand coins - and possibly some circulated coins from New Caledonia and Nepal (have to check on those ones)

Tobyle,
    Terribly sorry, I didn't edit this list when I did the old copy/paste from the excel spreadsheet. I have a whole bunch of those that were listed, so I had to shorten the list. Thanks for looking though.

Tobyle

January 28, 2008, 09:11:34 PM
Thought that might be the case there!

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
January 28, 2008, 09:53:03 PM
I was wondering that myself!  Norway, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, New Caledonia?  I can give you spares of all those countries, but I was really curious as to how you'd missed places like that. ;)  Now the mystery is solved.

Lemme check though, I am pretty sure I've got a Namibian coin I can send to you if you need it.

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Dumanyu

January 29, 2008, 02:48:41 PM
Thanks for your understanding, Tobyle.
Namibia is a needed country.
Thanks again,

tiddyathome

February 28, 2008, 02:41:24 AM
New South Wales is a state in Australia of which I do have a 20 cent and 50 cent coins. Is this what you are after or is there a country of the same name I havent heard of  ???

Dumanyu

February 28, 2008, 03:03:44 PM
New South Wales is a state in Australia of which I do have a 20 cent and 50 cent coins. Is this what you are after or is there a country of the same name I havent heard of  ???

Tiddy,
   I could definately use a New South Wales coin if you have one to spare.

Offline Sap

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • The Numismatichemist
February 28, 2008, 06:29:10 PM
I would've assumed he was talking about the Holey Dollars and Dumps, the only coinage issued in the name of "New South Wales" as a separate country. For myself, the trade tokens issued my NSW merchants (and listed in the 1800's Krause) fill that particular gap in my OFEC list nicely.

And if you want to be pedantic, the "Sydney Mint" sovereigns and halves could quite justifiably be called "New South Wales" coins, as Sydney was the capital of NSW colony at the time.

Oh, yes - almost forgot. I've got a New Hebrides 20 francs 1967 that I've been trying to get rid of for a while now... nobody wants it. The poor thing's got a partial drill hole / mount mark on both sides. I'm left wondering what bored local would attempt to drill a hole through a coin made of pure nickel... :o

KoCT #21

The early bird gets the worm, sure, but the second mouse gets the cheese.