May 09, 2024, 07:49:12 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline EgCollector

1800 to 1900 coin catalogue
April 28, 2008, 12:35:09 AM

I need the 1800 to 1900 world coin catalogue. Please help me where can i get it for a lowered price.
I have tried abebooks.com, amazon.com, and barnes and noble.com, but still the prices are high for used and new books.
Specially that i am interested in only a few pages and still have to pay a high s/h fees to Egypt.

Thanks

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Offline TwoShadows

Re: 1800 to 1900 coin catalogue
April 28, 2008, 11:40:16 PM
I bought all of mine (1600 to present) off of Ebay. Also bought two for a collector in Chile a couple of years ago and the shipping was very expensive due to the weight of these huge books but the catalogs are worth every penny! I would try Ebay as I ended up getting them slightly used or couple of years old in the $20 to $30 range.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline EgCollector

April 28, 2008, 11:48:44 PM
Thanks Terry  :)

Knight #107

Offline EgCollector

April 28, 2008, 11:53:38 PM
I was searching Half.com on ebay now and i found many great offers, but sellers sent only to USA. So i will have to send them first to my Aunt in USA, then wait for the first person coming to Egypt to bring them with him.   :D :D ;D

Knight #107

scottishmoney

• Trade Count: (0)
April 29, 2008, 12:38:04 AM
Have you tried getting them from Amazon in Europe?

Offline Paint Your Wagon

April 29, 2008, 03:03:57 AM

I bought my Krause from the german Amazon
http://amazon.de/

There is also a French amazon but to me their transport conditions were allways a wee bit too much and being a francophone country and I buy my books in english german amazon is better

By de way ; going to the german amazon my spybot shield told me they tried to download malicious ware to my boot and did I want to allow this .
Probably a deep cooky or sumthing

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline EgCollector

April 30, 2008, 08:28:02 AM

I have tried amazon UK before when i purchased the 1901 to present Krause, but it was more expensive than US.

The main problem is that the shipment fees to Egypt is nearly double the catalogue price, so i have to buy it and send it to either my grand mother in UK or my Aunt in USA to save shipment.
The only problem, is that i have to wait for someone coming to Egypt to bring them with him. The last time i had to wait 4 months to find someone  :(

Knight #107

Offline EgCollector

April 30, 2008, 08:33:55 AM
I forgot to mention that i am obliged to buy used catalogue only from amazon, because Egypt is not listed in the countries that amazon accept payments from. So every time i search amazon i have to look for sellers, selling books used as new.     >:(

Knight #107

Offline Paint Your Wagon

April 30, 2008, 08:54:16 AM

I have tried amazon UK before when i purchased the 1901 to present Krause, but it was more expensive than US.

The main problem is that the shipment fees to Egypt is nearly double the catalogue price, so i have to buy it and send it to either my grand mother in UK or my Aunt in USA to save shipment.
The only problem, is that i have to wait for someone coming to Egypt to bring them with him. The last time i had to wait 4 months to find someone  :(

Your aunt in the US could take the invoice out and sent it to you as a gift
Books are rarely stolen underway and I understand that books are cheap mailings
She might have to fill in a pro forma customs form , but that should be no problem
You will never find anything in Europe for the price it goes in the US

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way