May 05, 2024, 06:18:28 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline Gluggo

2019 Medallion Quest?
February 14, 2019, 01:34:30 AM
Hello Knights just wondering with your great minds any Ideas for the 2019 design’s?  Looks like the member list is getting  bigger during 2018.  I have a feeling we’re going to keep Dan busy this year.
I am thinking regardless of design a Brass and or Copper Bi Medal color edge a good challenge and very attractive.  8)

The following users thanked this post: AKbeez

Offline HʘʘT Owl

Re: 2019 Medallion Quest?
February 14, 2019, 09:58:16 AM
Yep Gluggo, I don't have a clue to what we end up with but I bet they'll be cool... 8)

Offline GrandAm

February 14, 2019, 10:40:46 AM
Any time frame as to when order taking begins?

Offline Gluggo

February 14, 2019, 03:29:50 PM
Grand look at last years posts you should be able to get a good idea. 

Offline Gluggo

February 15, 2019, 02:33:31 AM
I just looked it up under the 2018 section and in the Order title April 12th was the start.

Offline Dwhiz

February 15, 2019, 07:30:20 AM
I hate to say it but I think Sir stacks a lot could you a break.
I'm all for skipping this year and making 2020 a year to remember.
Time for a gold cob.

The following users thanked this post: HʘʘT Owl, Cheezhed

Offline HʘʘT Owl

February 16, 2019, 02:25:55 AM
I heard SirStacksAlot went on a month long moose hunt and won't be back until March... ;) ;) 8)

The following users thanked this post: Dwhiz, Cheezhed

Offline Gluggo

February 16, 2019, 03:42:12 AM
I will invite Sirstackalot to either a Moose hunt in August or a King Salmon fishing excursion  July, in my home town river in Alaska!    I am sure Dan will want to press this 2019.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Cheezhed

Offline SirStacksALot

February 16, 2019, 06:59:53 AM
A moose hunt would be cool :).  My time has been pretty tied up lately.  I started a business in January, and I have been working on building a full size R2D2.  I'm going to have to figure out a more efficient way to get medals done this year, but I won't be able to work on it for a month or two.  It's still on the ever growing list of things to do. 

The following users thanked this post: SilverFan, HʘʘT Owl, Cheezhed

Offline Humpybong

February 16, 2019, 08:40:21 AM

What about an ancient coin as the centre piece, like this Canut coin...............

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, Cheezhed

Offline Dwhiz

February 16, 2019, 11:44:10 AM
I heard SirStacksAlot went on a month long moose hunt and won't be back until March... ;) ;) 8)

The following users thanked this post: HʘʘT Owl

Offline TKO

February 16, 2019, 02:17:09 PM
I would like to see a three piece puzzle medallion. Available only in a 3oz silver limit 2 per member. Instead of one obverse image there would be three. The reverse could be fragments of one image.

If not for 2019 maybe for a commemorative for 2020. Our 13th Anniversary year.

TKO™

The following users thanked this post: Dwhiz, Kudbegud

Offline Cheezhed

February 17, 2019, 07:09:02 AM
Whatever you guys decide is good with me.

Greetings and Salutations!

Offline CA Collector

February 18, 2019, 07:44:53 PM
How about a KOTCT jousting tournament medal?

http://www.knightsroyal.co.uk/gallery.html

Or instead of medals for 2019, how about a selection of ONLY a few cobs based on "probably the most famous 'tournament coin' in the history of numismatics: the guldengroschen of Sigismund, Archduke of Austria."

Of Knights In Shining Armour -- by Ursula Kampmann, CoinsWeekly May 15, 2014
https://www.coinsweekly.com/en/Archive/Of-knights-in-shining-armour--exhibition-in-Schaffhausen/8?&id=2773&type=n

Modern restrikes on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC1.A0.H0.X1486+austria.TRS1&_nkw=1486+austria&_sacat=11116&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=11116&_odkw=1486

The following users thanked this post: MattTheRiley

Offline Cheezhed

February 27, 2019, 08:07:51 AM
All meritorious ideas. 8)

voyageur

• Trade Count: (0)
February 27, 2019, 09:41:22 AM
I like the 1486 guldengroshen design concept. It would be especially nice with one striking in a large silver format of 2 oz. How about the date in Roman Numerals (MMXIX)? Cob and/or Bi-Metallic versions might also be interesting to explore. Whatever the outcome, it will most certainly be another great design for KOTCT in 2019!  8).

Offline GrandAm

March 03, 2019, 06:08:54 AM
I would like to see some kind of a Merlin Wizzard. Missed them the first time around.  :o

Offline AKbeez

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Member of the Esteemed Biessel Clan, arr. 1872 USA
March 03, 2019, 08:11:35 AM
Newbie, still trying to find my way around.  I've been watching for new medallions, but didn't know that was a category of itself! 
I really liked 2018's designs, especially the 2 oz silver cob with St. George. The colorized were dazzling, Churchhill piece was very creative using that blank.  I think Mr. Carr has continued to develop ever-improving designs and look forward to what's next!   

@SirSta¢ksALot, I would be willing to help volunteer with some of the order tabulations if you need.  I'm retired now and have extra time -- can contribute something.  I checked out the 2018 April orders and looks like it was a mad flurry of activity!

50 yrs of coin collecting, minus college and early parenthood aka the "broke years".  Jack of all, master of none.  eBay seller/buyer since 2002, Top Seller status, same handle.

Offline Kudbegud

March 03, 2019, 10:34:26 AM
What I know is I will be in for what ever is offered for 2019.....even sight unseen.

What would I like to see?  I'm fascinated with colored Titanium.  Been watching YouTube videos of it being done.  I would be grinning if a couple were done with this technique.

You pay for what you get but don't always get what you paid for

Offline Gluggo

March 04, 2019, 02:54:32 AM
Kudbegud ;
There were some colored coinsDan made I thought they were really slick.  Here is a picture, it was the 2016 coins.  They had a mixture of colored metals maybe make these again in the large 2 oz with the nice colored rings of brass and copper.  Those were nice by them selfs or heck why not bring the wizard back with these but this year.  Maybe somebody can explain the different metals in these but I really thought they were slick.  I do not believe I currently own any of these this was a picture from one of the good knights here.

The following users thanked this post: Kudbegud

Offline D. Carr

March 12, 2019, 07:12:48 AM
Here are some potential themes that haven't been done yet:

Gargoyle.
Griffin.
Minotaur.
Witch (the beguiling kind or the wicked kind).

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, Kudbegud, HʘʘT Owl

Offline HʘʘT Owl

March 13, 2019, 03:37:12 PM
I vote for the Witch.... 8)

Offline AKbeez

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
March 15, 2019, 10:48:07 AM
The mythical-themed creatures are certainly fun subjects.  Now then, how about a wickedly voluptuous witch temptress?  Kinda like the Sirens of Odysseus.

50 yrs of coin collecting, minus college and early parenthood aka the "broke years".  Jack of all, master of none.  eBay seller/buyer since 2002, Top Seller status, same handle.

Offline Cheezhed

March 15, 2019, 01:42:41 PM
I’m sure Dan will have some good ideas as well.

Offline Gluggo

March 17, 2019, 09:05:01 AM
Lets try this witch I dumbed it down a very sought after token today.

Offline Gluggo

March 17, 2019, 09:11:30 AM
Here is one with the correct numbers its a
1860 New York
M-NY-491B
George H Lovett
If you got 3K its on Ebay Like I said very sought after design Token

Offline Dwhiz

March 24, 2019, 04:25:57 AM
Did any one else see this? WOW

The following users thanked this post: CA Collector, Zoins, Kudbegud, HʘʘT Owl, Gluggo

Offline HʘʘT Owl

March 26, 2019, 06:17:41 AM

Got a couple of collectors that tried to join but when they get to "Type the letters shown in the picture" there is no picture.
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]
Any help would be great, I'll check back later, thanks.
[/size][/color]

The following users thanked this post: Humpybong

Offline Humpybong

March 26, 2019, 01:28:37 PM

Should be OK now.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Kittlecoins

April 04, 2019, 10:00:35 AM
I've had a few of those Lovett witch tokens before... but the prices have gone crazy in the last year or two... pretty fun piece though.

There are also many witch designs on Notgeld.  Most of them on paper money notgeld, so they would be two-dimensional, but still might be worth looking into for ideas.

8)

Michael Kittle Rare Coins
http://www.kittlecoins.com

The following users thanked this post: Kudbegud, 78saen, Gluggo

Offline Cheezhed

April 04, 2019, 01:07:10 PM
The witch idea is intriguing.

Offline Mackinac

April 04, 2019, 02:02:05 PM
Here are some potential themes that haven't been done yet:

Gargoyle.
Griffin.
Minotaur.
Witch (the beguiling kind or the wicked kind).

I think we have the nest 5 years of medallions planned out. in just what order?
I think witch (wicked) then Gargoyle.

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey

Offline Gluggo

April 07, 2019, 07:22:57 AM
Kittlecoin thank you for posting that was the one I was looking for.  Wished I owned one.

The following users thanked this post: Kittlecoins, Cheezhed

Offline Gluggo

May 20, 2019, 06:48:21 AM
So I am guessing most everybody has thawed out back in their home town, as I am guessing Winter is now over.  But it seems very cold here in Alaska, 38°  degrees this morning.  Wondering where is Spring?  Snow is gone here but it seems like forever for the snow to melt.   The birds are chirping and the animals grow with anxiety.  Ohhh I guess I am speaking about myself!  Wondering when the thoughts for picking this years medals might begin.  I am sure I am not the only one.  Hope everybody is doing well and your daily coins hunts, are growing daily.  Everybody have a wonderful May! 

Here are some of my latest finds.

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, HʘʘT Owl

Offline Cheezhed

May 22, 2019, 10:55:06 AM
Wow those are some great medals!

The following users thanked this post: Gluggo

Offline Zoins

May 23, 2019, 06:10:22 PM
Gluggo, congrats on the Germantown medal. I was following one recently and even looked up the town on Wikipedia!

Offline HʘʘT Owl

May 23, 2019, 10:50:55 PM
I like the 1863 Indian, kind of favors my great-great grandpappy.

Offline Dwhiz

May 24, 2019, 10:03:07 AM
I like the 1863 Indian, kind of favors my great-great grandpappy.
I use to work in the Germantown section of Philadelphia. Not many Germans left.

Offline SirStacksALot

June 02, 2019, 05:10:31 AM
A little update with the medal ordering process.  At the beginning of this year, I was very uncertain about how to do the order process for this years medals.  When I first organized the orders for the Dark Knight medals in 2014,  there were about 15 orders, and doing all of the calculations, and order tracking on spreadsheets worked, but it was time consuming. It worked for tracking the small batch of orders. Our membership, and the demand for our club medals has grown quite a bit over the past few years.  Last year there were about 50 different orders, and it was very hard to track and inefficient. It was also somewhat nerve wrecking to collect over $15,000 and have about $2500 in orders that were never paid for in the end.  If the trend stays the way it has been over the last few years, we will probably have 60-65 different orders.  The pricing and spreadsheet calculations, are getting really hard to keep correct.  Tracking amounts ordered, who paid, shipping addresses, and doing it with pre-ordering is not a reliable process for the amount of orders that we have now.  I asked Daniel Carr if he would be willing to handle the orders this year.  He said that he is not opposed to handling the sales and distribution of the 2019 medals for us.  This leads to a couple questions:

1) How important is it to our membership to make sure only our members can order 2019 medals. 
       -my thoughts are as follows,  it is nice to have them available only to our members, but I really don't mind collectors who like our medals being able to purchase them.  Those who buy them and would like to join the castle for more than just a medal would come for the right reasons.  Those who just want the medal wouldn't just join for the medal.   

This is the response from Daniel in the email:

"I am not opposed to handling the sales and distribution of the 2019 KotCT medals.

If, for example, I were to list the various 2019 KotCT products on my shopping cart site,
how would it be regulated so that only KotCT members could order, or does that not really matter
(let anyone order) ?"

Me personally, I would think it would be best to keep things as simple as possible, and just let anyone order through Daniels Moonlight Mint shopping cart when the medals are ready.  I am very grateful that  Daniel is willing to take care of the sales and distribution of this years medals.

2)  As far as design goes for this years medals, the main contender seems to be a witch.  I think the Arthurian Sorceress Morgana may be a good fit and match to our medals, especially the Merlin medal. She could be a beautiful, sexy, and powerful sorceress, rather than an ugly witch.  It would be nice to do another incuse design, sort of like a pair for the Merlin design from a few years ago. Maybe with some swirling spell power coming from her hands.  What do you think?

The following users thanked this post: Mackinac, Kudbegud, HʘʘT Owl

Offline Gluggo

June 02, 2019, 05:42:21 AM
Thank you for the update Sirstacksalot.  Sorry that the past orders were so stressful.  Personally It would of been a challenge for me given my current work load.  But it’s much appreciated.  I am glad that Dan is willing to help us with orders and shipping.  As for the subject of allowing others to buy in I will just say part of joining here was to privilege of the buying of medals from KOTCT.  I would like to see it remain that way but maybe some lee way for Dan.  I hope that does not sound selfish on my part just throwing out my feelings.  Of course if the group feels otherwise I would go along. 

Again thank you for your past work on taking the orders and shipping out it’s much APPRECIATED.  Glen

The following users thanked this post: Kudbegud, HʘʘT Owl

Offline GrandAm

June 02, 2019, 06:17:34 AM
How are other Club Medals handled? Are they sold direct to only club members?

I would prefer to sale only to club members but will gladly go along with the preference of the majority of the members.

Offline SirStacksALot

June 02, 2019, 07:20:56 AM
Thanks for the input, I think most of the other club medals are distributed by the clubs.  We have a little bit different scenario since our members are all over the world. We can't just drop off the funds at one monthly meeting, and pick up the medals a few months later.

It would make the orders a little more complicated, but if most would only want the medals sold to members, mabye we could put our forum name in the notes section of the order.  Something like that would complicate things a little, but it may be worth it if most of the members feel strongly about only members being able to purchase the medals.  It would have to be a simple solution, I am very grateful Daniel is willing to take over the sales and distribution for us.  I don't want to make it over complicated or a hassle for him.

Offline CA Collector

June 02, 2019, 01:10:27 PM
Thanks for the input, I think most of the other club medals are distributed by the clubs.  We have a little bit different scenario since our members are all over the world. We can't just drop off the funds at one monthly meeting, and pick up the medals a few months later.

It would make the orders a little more complicated, but if most would only want the medals sold to members, mabye we could put our forum name in the notes section of the order.  Something like that would complicate things a little, but it may be worth it if most of the members feel strongly about only members being able to purchase the medals.  It would have to be a simple solution, I am very grateful Daniel is willing to take over the sales and distribution for us.  I don't want to make it over complicated or a hassle for him.

I'm guessing that verifying membership for every order would be a lot more extra work than you might expect. Unexpected pitfalls too.

Anyway, it's probably mostly a non-issue. Think about what the KOTCT product listings might look like...

-- "2019 KOTCT Medals"
-- "For KOTCT Members Only"
-- "Photo Unavailable".
-- "Payment due immediately at the time of order placement."
-- "4-6 month estimated delivery."

Also, the listings' descriptions will probably omit design details beyond medal type, composition, size, weight, etc. (Members can discuss the final designs on this thread.)

My point is, the listings can be written to dissuade non-members from placing an order.

Anyway, I bet most Dan Carr fans that want KOTCT are already members.

Still, maybe it'd be prudent to verify membership of the few large orders (>$2000?).

Offline Mackinac

June 02, 2019, 04:57:51 PM
Here's a couple ideas.
Let the medals be available to the public via Moonlight Mint website except for one special one that only members can order via this website pre paid by a certain date, no exceptions.
Or let the medals be available on the Moonlight Mint website and allow only members to request their KOTCT name edge marked on the medals they order, just add it to the comment box while ordering.

These are only ideas, I will gladly go along with the group consensus.

Offline SirStacksALot

June 02, 2019, 11:43:43 PM
Here's a couple ideas.
Let the medals be available to the public via Moonlight Mint website except for one special one that only members can order via this website pre paid by a certain date, no exceptions.
Or let the medals be available on the Moonlight Mint website and allow only members to request their KOTCT name edge marked on the medals they order, just add it to the comment box while ordering.

We could possibly do loose overstrikes, and pay for them from the treasury without doing pre-orders.  They would pay the treasury back when ordered.  They would be cheap to ship even internationally.  They would also be the most affordable, so everyone can afford one.

Offline Kudbegud

June 03, 2019, 03:20:08 AM
Here's a couple ideas.

A big thanks to Dan for his offer to handle the ordering process.  SirSta¢ksALot has done a great job keeping this all sorted out and has the appreciation, I'm sure, of all the members.

I like Mackinac's idea of a "Members Only" (remember that Brand from the 90's ?) available to club members and possibility only listed here.  A single Club Metal could be a less burdensome load on SirSta¢ksALot's shoulders. (assuming he is willing).  Perhaps an antiqued finish which has been very well done and a popular medal for members. 

For me, any designs Dan comes up with would be appreciated and assumed to be excellent.   

Offline Dwhiz

June 03, 2019, 05:50:54 AM
I didn't think there is any reason for a 2019 token.
That being said there should be 2 or 3 issues that are only for KOTC members with a max. of 3 per member thru this site only
Then allow Moonlight mint to issue/sell thru his site a few others not like the ones the members buy.
I'm sure this will go over like a lead balloon, but the members should have something special.

The following users thanked this post: SilverFan, HʘʘT Owl

Offline Kittlecoins

June 03, 2019, 06:52:49 AM
As many of you know, I handle the pre-orders and money collection for the Glendale Coin Club medals which Dan Carr has made for our club for the last several years.  So, I know first-hand how much work is involved in doing that.

I would guess that much of the headache and complication from that process is the many different medal types we have done each year.  Having 15, 20 or even 25 different possible medals to buy with the different metal types, finishes, etc. makes things so much more difficult for the one handling the orders. 

Perhaps if things were simplified a bit and we just did a medal with less types... maybe just a copper and a silver and then maybe one or two special finishes instead of dozens of them, then things would be more manageable for either SirStacksalot or another KOTCT member to handle and not necessitate Dan having to handle the ordering and collection of funds?

I haven't thought about it much, but I would guess that many members would order less than they do now if these were available to all on Dan's website.  But the total mintage might end up being more as the general public who visits Dan's website would have their opportunity to buy.  Not sure what is best for KOTCT.

Finally, I am shocked that there was $2500 in orders that were not paid for.  Those members of KOTCT should absolutely be barred from making future orders.  Those orders should have been thrown out (or offered to others who already paid) when it came time to pay Dan as it is totally wrong to have that amount be carried by someone else.  When I handle the GCC orders, I know that the total can get quite high and that is why I collect all funds from our members before placing our order with Dan.  If members don't have the money in by the time we order, they don't get medals or they have to buy them from someone who ordered extras.  That works for our club because I usually order extras and I am usually willing to sell a few to those who want them after the deadline.

The following users thanked this post: CA Collector, Dwhiz, Kudbegud, HʘʘT Owl, AKbeez, Mitchell

Offline AKbeez

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
June 03, 2019, 07:44:37 AM
I like Dan's suggestion of a sexy witch -- about to smote someone or some thing!

Just an idea. Use a secret hyperlink, posted only here, to Dan's website for ordering.  Mr. Kittle has some words of wisdom as well.

The following users thanked this post: Dwhiz, Kudbegud, HʘʘT Owl

Offline HʘʘT Owl

June 03, 2019, 08:29:12 AM

I'll go with the flow but I sure would like one ANTIQUED piece if possible..... 8)

The following users thanked this post: Kudbegud, AKbeez

Offline Dwhiz

June 03, 2019, 10:29:05 AM
Like Mike said in reply #47 "If members don't have the money in by the time we order, they don't get medals or they have to buy them from someone who ordered extras."
 Plus those who ordered and did not pay these folks should be disbarred from ordering any more or better yet dropped from the roll.

The following users thanked this post: CA Collector, Kudbegud, AKbeez

Offline SilverFan

June 03, 2019, 12:47:23 PM
We should reduce the number of offerings (e.g., metal types, finishes, etc.) this year regardless of who handles the ordering process.  I would like for only KOTCT members to be able to the purchase medals.  My fear is that if these are listed openly on Dan's site, they might sell out before some members even get a chance to buy them.  There are people that check Dan’s site regularly so this is a real possibility.  Whoever did not pay last year should not be allowed to order this year.  Maybe there is a way for Dan to set it up on his site so that only members have access to these medals...perhaps an admin code or pin.  BTW, a sexy witch sounds good to me.

Offline CA Collector

June 03, 2019, 01:37:01 PM
We should reduce the number of offerings (e.g., metal types, finishes, etc.) this year regardless of who handles the ordering process.  I would like for only KOTCT members to be able to the purchase medals.  My fear is that if these are listed openly on Dan's site, they might sell out before some members even get a chance to buy them.  There are people that check Dan’s site regularly so this is a real possibility.  Whoever did not pay last year should not be allowed to order this year.  Maybe there is a way for Dan to set it up on his site so that only members have access to these medals...perhaps an admin code or pin.  BTW, a sexy witch sounds good to me.

I agree, we should have fewer offerings this year -- especially since we're getting a late start.

BTW, no worries about missing out due to a "sellout". That's because Dan doesn't begin production until AFTER the order deadline. And he produces enough to fill all member orders. Just don't miss the order deadline (which is announced about a month in advance).

Here's the order process for 2018: http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=5701.0

I'm guessing that prices will be similar to 2018: http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=5701.msg58728#msg58728

Offline D. Carr

June 03, 2019, 05:45:31 PM
The way my eCommerce (shopping cart) site works basically prevents me from listing a product that is invisible to most and visible only to a select few.
If my regular (non-KotCT) customers saw a product listing that was lacking in details, they would start asking questions and I would have to deal with that.

I just spent some time investigating some of the more advanced options and settings that are possible for my eCommerce site.
One thing I can see that might work is that it is possible to issue a "coupon code" which would be good for a discount on certain products.
Such a coupon code could be sent to the members here. They could then get a discount on the listed KotCT products. Everyone else (the general public) would get the regular price.
Optionally, I could include in the KotCT product descriptions information about how they could get a coupon code by joining here first. Or that could be omitted.
Coupon codes could be issued such that they could be used any number of times during the ordering period. Or a specific coupon could be issued as a ONE-TIME usage.
If each member's KotCT ID was their coupon, and that coupon was a one-time use, that would prevent unauthorized persons from getting the discount. But I would have to issue a different coupon code to each Knight (not a huge inconvenience). Or there could be just one general-use coupon code that is only given to members here.

IF this is something that was decided to do, the next thing to decide would be the amount of the discount (what percent discount for members only on all KotCT products) ?
Maybe 30% or 40% ?

Regardless of how it is structured, I envision that I would produce a quantity of each type of 2019 KotCT medal and make product listings for each. Then these product would be available for a specific period of time. I would mint enough to fill all orders placed during that ordering window.

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, Kudbegud, Work4coins, AKbeez

Offline Kudbegud

June 03, 2019, 06:20:45 PM
The way my eCommerce (shopping cart) site works basically prevents me from listing a product that is invisible to most and visible only to a select few.
If my regular (non-KotCT) customers saw a product listing that was lacking in details, they would start asking questions and I would have to deal with that.

I just spent some time investigating some of the more advanced options and settings that are possible for my eCommerce site.
One thing I can see that might work is that it is possible to issue a "coupon code" which would be good for a discount on certain products.
Such a coupon code could be sent to the members here. They could then get a discount on the listed KotCT products. Everyone else (the general public) would get the regular price.
Optionally, I could include in the KotCT product descriptions information about how they could get a coupon code by joining here first. Or that could be omitted.
Coupon codes could be issued such that they could be used any number of times during the ordering period. Or a specific coupon could be issued as a ONE-TIME usage.
If each member's KotCT ID was their coupon, and that coupon was a one-time use, that would prevent unauthorized persons from getting the discount. But I would have to issue a different coupon code to each Knight (not a huge inconvenience). Or there could be just one general-use coupon code that is only given to members here.

IF this is something that was decided to do, the next thing to decide would be the amount of the discount (what percent discount for members only on all KotCT products) ?
Maybe 30% or 40% ?

Regardless of how it is structured, I envision that I would produce a quantity of each type of 2019 KotCT medal and make product listings for each. Then these product would be available for a specific period of time. I would mint enough to fill all orders placed during that ordering window.

Thanks for the insight on how your shopping cart works - AND - for offering to do this for us.  The coupon idea seems to be the easiest to implement and not impose on your generosity.

I like the exclusivity of a coupon to existing KotCT members so mentioning the coupon in your listing be out.  The members ID as the coupon code would insure the exclusive nature of the discount.

The amount of the discount would be entirely up to you.

I look froward to seeing the 2019 designs and the plan for distribution. 

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, CA Collector, Dwhiz, Work4coins

Offline Dwhiz

June 03, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
I think the coupon should be for "one time use only" and when it comes time to order the MMXX (2020) a new coupon should be offered.

Offline D. Carr

June 03, 2019, 10:31:19 PM
I can create as many coupons as I want, and I can enable and disable any coupons at will.
Each year would have new coupon(s) and those from previous year(s) would not work any longer.

A "one time" use coupon means that once that particular coupon is used on an order for KotCT products, it will not be valid for ANY subsequent orders, even if those subsequent orders are for the same product(s).

A normal-use coupon code could be used over and over again until I turn off that particular coupon.

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, Dwhiz, Kudbegud, AKbeez

Offline Mackinac

June 04, 2019, 02:07:19 AM
Daniel, how does the "Admin" feature of your website work? Is there a way for individual KOTCT members to use it to make payments to you?
Perhaps, you could post here what medals are available with the cost. We could then go to your website to order and state in the comment box the medals that we want
or we could start a list on here with what medals we want and include our KOTCT user name in the comment box when ordering in order for you to reference what medals each member wants.

I also think fewer medal options are better but I also think an ANTIQUED version is a must.

Offline GrandAm

June 04, 2019, 11:07:04 AM
Would it be possible for Dan to post a link only on this KOTCT Web Site that any special member only medals or all the KOTCT Medals if that is what is deceided and they could only be ordered directly from Dan but limited to buyer members on this site.

Can anyone post if not a KOTCT member?

Offline Zoins

June 04, 2019, 05:04:43 PM
Thanks for the info Dan. I like the idea of a coupon code. I was thinking perhaps 50% discount because it's a nice number with the idea being that there would be a heavy incentive to join here :)

I still like the idea of getting more people to join and post here and the medallions have started to help increase membership and doing it this way can further assist with that. The other way would be nice to generate funds for the castle but not necessarily increase membership.

'm not sure how many people would post here but I have seen a number of newer people, including myself, post so I think new membership is promising.

Offline CA Collector

June 04, 2019, 07:21:10 PM
The coupon code idea sounds great! I'm on-board regardless of the details. Just tell me how to place my order.

That said, I'd prefer having a unique one-time-use code for each member.

Hopefully member pricing will be similar to 2018.

For non-member Retail pricing, I'm inclined to let Dan decide. It's his profit at stake. And they're his customers. And it's his website.

OTOH, I'm guessing Dan's pricing will affect how much money goes to the KOTCT Treasury. Maybe an amount similar to 2018 is fair?

Offline Kena

June 05, 2019, 12:36:31 AM
All,

Can I ask that some additional consideration be done for us long term members who live outside of the US regarding this?

In my case, we typically split my order into several different shipments and the return address was not a business name as well as gift being ticket on the customs form.

With this change, the items would be coming from Dan's business and therefore a whole new set of custom rules would come into play. The flat rate postage charge of $20 already puts me at a point where VAT would apply.

I would need to pay 20% VAT if the value of the goods is over £15 which is just over $19 (gift rate is £35 which is $44.50).

VAT would be charged on the following the price of goods and the postage, packaging, & insurance as well as any additional duty owed.

For years I have drooled over items Dan sells on the Moonlight Mint web site, but living in the UK paying a 20% surcharge on the item and postage puts me off.

Also if the proper fees are not paid in advance, Royal Mint charges an £8 handling fee (around $10.20) is charged.

Attached is an example of an Amazon order of an micro SD since my family in the states gives me Amazon gift cards in US dollars from time to time.

Ken

Offline SirStacksALot

June 05, 2019, 03:27:08 AM
Ken, the extra taxes in the UK were by far the most complicated shipping out of all the orders.  When the time comes, let me know what you want, and I will order your medals with mine.  I'll take care of the shipping and paperwork so they don't triple the price of your order with taxes.  If anyone else from overseas needs help, let me know.

Daniel, that is an elegant solution.   If you can make the markup 100%, and give everyone a 99% discount using thier screen names (non case sensitive), I think that would do the trick.  That way a $36 medal would show up as $3600.  Members would know to drop the 2 zeros for the real prices.  Maybe put a note on the top of the listing that the medals are for the members of the Knights of the Coin Table only.

As far as the members that couldn't pay when the time came.  I am 100% against banning them from buying.  There was quite a bit of time between when orders were made, prices were set, and time to pay.  Financial situations change for all of us, and quite a few members had to change thier orders a little by the time to pay.  I'm sure the members who could not pay would have liked to have the medals last year, and I hope they are able to buy a few this time around.  Being able to see the cost and pay at the time of purchase will make it a lot easier for each member to decide what to buy.

The following users thanked this post: Zoins, Kudbegud, AKbeez

Offline Cheezhed

June 05, 2019, 05:57:16 AM
First, SirSta¢ksALot thank you!

• Witch theme
  • Incuse
  • KOTCT members only
  • fewer offerings

Daniel Carr thank you!

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
June 07, 2019, 05:09:26 AM
I'm in, whatever is decided.

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline Bigjpst

June 09, 2019, 04:57:06 AM
I'm ok with Dan handling the distribution, but I do have a couple of thoughts.

1. I think fewer versions of the medal are a good idea.
2. I like the witch idea.

Here comes my cynical side.

One of the reasons that the prior year medals are so desirable is the exclusivity. I have been buying Dan Carr medals for years and the earlier items where he minted limited amounts seem to be more popular and also retain their value more than the mint to order items.

I can see a whole bunch of problems arising from using our user names here as a coupon code. One member uses other members code(no offense, but obviously if there were $2500 of medals that didn't get paid for there are some people not as honest as others.) Or since many of us use the same user name on multiple coin forums if it gets out the coupon code is our user name, people who may not even be members of other public forums can use our "one time use" codes and create all kinds of drama for Dan or SirStacksalot to work out.

In the end, I really don't care if he sells to the public through his website. More power to him, but if you want it to remain a club medal or keep some medal exclusively for the club I'm not sure a coupon code is the best way. Maybe one medal limited to only members here. Then if SirStacksalot has to deal with any of it, it is only one item per person.

The following users thanked this post: Kittlecoins, Kudbegud

Offline Kudbegud

June 09, 2019, 11:28:17 AM
I like the exclusive to members availability too.  Maybe a limited ordering period for members, with a coupon code, then open ordering to the public.  Exclusive medals, one or two would be fine by me, could be available only during this limited ordering period.

Your point about abuse of member names as the coupon code is possible and I hate to even think it could happen.  A random code would keep honest people honest. 

Offline D. Carr

June 09, 2019, 11:52:15 AM
Daniel, how does the "Admin" feature of your website work? Is there a way for individual KOTCT members to use it to make payments to you?
Perhaps, you could post here what medals are available with the cost. We could then go to your website to order and state in the comment box the medals that we want
or we could start a list on here with what medals we want and include our KOTCT user name in the comment box when ordering in order for you to reference what medals each member wants.

I also think fewer medal options are better but I also think an ANTIQUED version is a must.

The "admin" product feature could be used for sending a dollar amount via PayPal, credit card, or check. It would be possible to post the options and prices here and let people order what they want. A requirement for each order could be that the buyer has to state their KotCT ID in the Customer Notes section of the order. If only one order (for a single product or multiple products) was allowed per member, and their KotCT ID was required, that would probably be enough to prevent any shenanigans.

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, Mackinac, Kudbegud, SilverFan, Oih82w8, Cheezhed, AKbeez

Offline Gluggo

June 11, 2019, 02:07:47 AM
I like it Dan thank you for all the help!  I look forward to some new design pics.  Have any in your thought based on what has been talked about?  Anyways thank you   

Offline Felinfoel

June 19, 2019, 12:03:56 PM
The "admin" product feature could be used for sending a dollar amount via PayPal, credit card, or check. It would be possible to post the options and prices here and let people order what they want. A requirement for each order could be that the buyer has to state their KotCT ID in the Customer Notes section of the order. If only one order (for a single product or multiple products) was allowed per member, and their KotCT ID was required, that would probably be enough to prevent any shenanigans.

Sounds perfect. Thank you!

Offline Dwhiz

July 02, 2019, 11:03:35 PM
WOW July 3rd and still crickets

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
July 03, 2019, 08:46:19 AM
WOW July 3rd and still crickets

I'm not worried!

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline Kudbegud

July 03, 2019, 10:55:45 AM
What every is offered, when ever it is offered.....they will be great.  I'm with MattTheRiley.

The following users thanked this post: MattTheRiley

Offline CA Collector

July 03, 2019, 12:05:07 PM
I'm in for at least one of each medal.

Offline Dwhiz

July 04, 2019, 02:17:52 AM
I did buy one of these with my e bucks

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, SilverFan, HʘʘT Owl

Offline Dwhiz

July 04, 2019, 02:19:47 AM

Offline Dwhiz

July 26, 2019, 11:19:17 PM
a couple of placebo

Offline Dwhiz

July 26, 2019, 11:20:10 PM

Offline Zoins

July 27, 2019, 09:00:30 AM

This one looks amazing. Just wow!

The following users thanked this post: Jeffrey, Kudbegud

Offline Humpybong

July 27, 2019, 11:26:41 AM

Yes I saw it and was tempted to purchase......but.........have other bills to pay first

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Cheezhed

July 28, 2019, 10:32:39 AM
I'm in for whatever we come up with.

Offline Kudbegud

July 28, 2019, 10:53:17 AM

This one looks amazing. Just wow!

I couldn't resist and bought one.  It just looked too interesting.

Here is the reverse

Offline HʘʘT Owl

August 06, 2019, 08:09:51 AM

When's the witch going to put a spell on us... ;)

Offline Dwhiz

August 07, 2019, 07:24:35 AM
Are you sure there's going to be a 2019 Token?

Offline Dwhiz

August 07, 2019, 07:26:35 AM
Screaming Jay Hawkins can put a spell on you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGPhpvqtOc&t=120s

Offline Gluggo

August 08, 2019, 01:13:24 AM

Good question but my check book is ready to spend money 💰. 😉

Offline Stardust47

August 08, 2019, 03:46:07 AM

Good question but my check book is ready to spend money 💰. 😉
I'm ready as well. Are any designs available yet? It will be 2020 before you know it.

Offline Dwhiz

August 08, 2019, 10:15:59 PM
It'a August now I hear crickets and katydids.

Offline Cheezhed

August 13, 2019, 12:29:33 PM
Anyone?

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
August 14, 2019, 08:19:24 AM

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline D. Carr

August 26, 2019, 07:26:04 PM
Here is an initial sketch that I came up with:

The following users thanked this post: Nevol, Kena, Kittlecoins, Felinfoel, Kudbegud, SilverFan, HʘʘT Owl, AKbeez

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
August 27, 2019, 05:10:48 AM
I think it's a great start!

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline AKbeez

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
August 27, 2019, 12:08:57 PM
Nice!  Maybe needs a bit more sex appeal? :)

Offline SirStacksALot

August 27, 2019, 01:14:35 PM
I like the swirl, and star accents, it looks like she is opening a portal of some sort.  I agree she needs more sex appeal.  Mabye a higher jawbone and medieval tiera.  Possible slit up the dress, mabye shortened dress?  Thanks Daniel  :)

The following users thanked this post: SilverFan

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
August 28, 2019, 04:13:05 AM
Will this be incused?  That would look pretty sweet!

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline HʘʘT Owl

August 28, 2019, 08:38:14 AM
Maybe a fatter kettle ???

Offline CA Collector

August 28, 2019, 09:07:26 AM
Love the frog. But I'd like him seated on a rock or toadstool or something.

Anyway, l'm in for one of each.

Offline CA Collector

August 28, 2019, 09:09:43 AM
BTW, I like the overall design MUCH better than a witch on a flying broomstick.

The following users thanked this post: Oih82w8

Offline Kittlecoins

August 29, 2019, 06:56:20 PM
Looks like another winner on the way, nice work Dan! 

8)

Offline Dwhiz

August 29, 2019, 09:18:35 PM
Maybe a type 1 & type 2 like the 1917 Standing Liberty....just a thought