May 05, 2024, 12:42:36 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline SirStacksALot

Paypal Issues for 2017 KotCT medal payments
July 25, 2017, 01:53:12 PM
I have received a couple messages from members who are having a hard time paying the treasury email via paypal.  For those who don't already know, the treasury email is owned by Barry (Humpybong), and it is an Australian paypal address.  Several knights have paid and have been able to pay in US Dollars.  My friend Sir Shipe said he is getting a message that says the payment is not allowed by card issuer, and the issuer is his bank. He also said it is trying to automatically convert the payment into Australian dollars which also carries a fee, and will cost an extra fee when converted back to pay Daniel Carr.

For those who have already paid successfully, did you have any of these issues, and how did you resolve them?

Does anyone that uses paypal a lot have any suggestions?

Offline Humpybong

7 payments have been received so far and only 1 in Aust Dollars.    Have sent that back and asked to be paid in US dollars.

The PayPal address KOTCT.Membership@yahoo.com does not have au on the end as is a US registered PayPal address.

I have checked the PayPal set up and there is no blocks in place, if you are haveing any problem ypu may need to have a look at you own set up or your banks requirements.

Payment is required in USD as all payments to Daniel Carr will be in USD.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline BruceS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
I also had trouble paying. PP automatically converted to AU I believe, I have already payed the fees. I tried a couple different methods and they either didn't go thru or had no option to pay in us $. Let me know either way, if i need to do something different let me know.

Offline HʘʘT Owl

Yep, I tried to pay yesterday and it failed, never had that problem before... :'(

I'll try a different way and see if that works.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
I had no problems, but I paid it straight from funds I had in Paypal, not from a credit card.
I thought the account was in the U.S. so I selected that at first, but Paypal automatically
advised me account wasn't in the U.S. and changed the fees accordingly [ to nil :) ].

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

The following users thanked this post: Humpybong

Offline Pocketcoins

I tried to pay and it auto converted to Au. so I didn't send it. Waiting for suggestion. 

voyageur

My PayPal payment experience was exactly the same as Triggersmob and I am in the US.

Offline Mackinac

PayPal states its free to send money to friends and family in the US using a bank account or PayPal balance. I tried transferring money using my bank account and it did show I had to pay a 1 percent fee, I assume because the money was going to Australia. I don't know of anyway to avoid this fee so if no one here knows how either, I'll probably end up paying in the next day or two.
Also, when I attempted to make payment to KOTCT.Membership@yahoo.com, PayPal automatically changed my payment to AUS $ but I could change it right back to US $ using a drop down box right next to the amount the recipient would receive.

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

Offline SirStacksALot

For those who are still having trouble, try depositing the money into your PayPal account.  It will take a few days to clear, but you should be able to transfer the money via friends and family to our treasury after that. 

Also please be sure to pay in US dollars.  PayPal is pretty sneaky about currency changeover.  They do not show a fee when moving into a different currency, but they move the exchange rate and shave some money, but it looks like there is no cost.  If you do not specify USD, it will cost you extra, and it will cost extra again when Barry sends payment to Daniel and it is converted from AUD back to USD.

It also looks like there will be a one percent fee even with friends and family, so be aware of that when transfering the money to your PayPal account for transfer. 

Offline CA Collector

My transaction went smoothly as expected, with 2 notable exceptions:

-- I had to manually change the payment to USD. Otherwise it would've paid in AUD. At the time I didn't know the recipient (Barry) was in Australia, so I just thought this was a glitch.

-- I was charged 1% for this "free" Friends & Family payment. Re-tried twice in hopes of eliminating the fee, no luck. Due to overseas transfer? Small potatoes to me -- not worth the bother to investigate (getting lazy in my old age).

Offline CascadeChris

Ok so I just tried to send the money and it is telling me to convert it to AUD with a $1.50 charge as well. Which is fine but should I do it or are  we setting up a different account to send to or different form payment?

Offline Humpybong

Ok so I just tried to send the money and it is telling me to convert it to AUD with a $1.50 charge as well. Which is fine but should I do it or are  we setting up a different account to send to or different form payment?

No do not convert to AUD make sure it stays USD. Will have to look at PayPal and maybe start a new account.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CascadeChris

Will do

Offline SilverFan

Just transferred money into PayPal, which should take 3-5 days.  I will try sending in payment then.  Please let us know if payment method changes.

Offline CascadeChris

I was working with PayPal balance and it still wanted me to exchange to AUD

Offline Mackinac

My payment has been made.

The following users thanked this post: Humpybong, Merlin

Offline Pocketcoins

I have tried for three days and still my paypal want let me send the money. It does every thing just like it is supposed to, then when I puss send I get this message , "Were sorry we are having difficulty please try latter." :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline HʘʘT Owl

Payment sent.............finally... ;)

Offline Mackinac

I had trouble trying to pay using my bank account. I then tried transferring the money from my bank account to PayPal but it wanted information(my social security number) that I did not want to give so I just ended up paying with my credit card even though I had to pay a higher fee.

Offline Dwhiz

I see my payment cleared.

Offline TwoShadows

I have not received an invoice yet? Have they all been sent and how were they sent? Thanks in advance!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline SirStacksALot

They have all been sent, and I did send your invoice Terry. I just sent a PM to see if I had the correct email for you.

Offline Work4coins

SirStacksKLot,  I have not received an invoice yet.  Thank you!

Offline Humpybong

Invoices were sent to the email you registered in your profile.

Check yor profile to ensure email address is correct.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CascadeChris

So have we sorted the PayPal thing yet? Maybe Dan can just create a Moonlight Mint Australia satellite facility. Seems like the best remedy to this problem :)

Offline Humpybong

We have had over a dozen payments so far without any problems.  So if anyone is still having problems try this address for PayPal:

humpy_bong@yahoo.com.au

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline SirStacksALot

- Terry,   I found that I transposed the r and y in your email when I sent your invoice.  I will resend it to both of the emails that you sent me shortly.

- Frank,  I did send it to the email that you resent me in the pm.  I also just resent it.  Please check the spam folder.

- Chris, if you are still having problems please try depositing the cash into your paypal account and waiting for it to clear.  You should be able to pay in USD once it clears.  There will be a 1 percent fee that is not included in the invoice price, so be sure to transfer enough to cover it.   We do not want Daniel to have to keep track of 35 separate payments, he is pretty busy, and it is pretty great that he still squeezes our medals into his workload. 

Offline Pocketcoins

Sent funds to humpy bong with no problem, finally. Now I get notice funds will be available Aug 6.  ??? :o Must be sending them on the mail lady's old mule. Sorry for the trouble.

Offline Paint Your Wagon

I had to pay a 3.35 percent fee and the money went according to them immidiately  :)

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline Rich1792

Paypal would not let me transfer,as I was short a little in my PP account. I just added some to account but it may not show until after Aug 4 deadline. I will pay immediately when PP allows and will sent an email to you about issue.

Offline SilverFan

Once my bank transfer cleared and showed up in my PayPal account, I was able to send the funds in USD without any fees no problem.

Offline DigitalNick

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Sorry Barry,
I am going to be late with my medals  payment.
I was short on my paypal balance and was unable to send my payment thru my bank account
today? I was able to add money to my paypal account but it may take a few days to show up.

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
I paid.  I had no problem paying in USD, although that wasn't the default selected. I  also, unfortunately, had to pay a small fee to transfer the funds.  No worries though!  8)

Looking forward to see what Dan comes up with!

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline TwoShadows

I am going to be a few days late as PayPal would not pull the money out of my account and my card server would not do international transactions. I will put the money in PayPal and forward when it is confirmed but it may take 3 to 5 days. If this is not acceptable let me know. Sorry for the delay.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline SirStacksALot

That will be fine Terry, we have a few other members who still have to wait for the funds to clear.  Just make your payment as soon as the funds clear

Offline Work4coins

Payment sent!  I also had to upload funds from my checking account to my Paypal account balance. 
Thank you for your patience.  I can't wait to see Dan's design choice  :)

Offline Humpybong

Have just made a part payment to Daniel Carr for USD7000.00 which cost us USD70.00 in PayPal fees.

If you are interested in the KOTCT Treasury funds have a look at the updated spreadsheet in KOTCT Treasury funds menu.

Thanks to all who have paid to date.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Rich1792

Was able to pay my "invoice" today. Transferred funds from my bank but did not have to wait to clear as I sold something and was paid into PP, that made up the difference. Paypal did take 1% for their service. No big deal... :)

Offline Kittlecoins

After messing around with PayPal a bit, looks like I was able to make payment from my PayPal balance and it doesn't look like I was charged any 1% fee.  Before making payment it showed me a conversion of my USD payment to AUD, but I just typed in the USD amount over the conversion and then changed it AUD to USD and that seemed to work.  At least as far as I can see on my end.

:)

Michael Kittle Rare Coins
http://www.kittlecoins.com

Offline SilverFan

After messing around with PayPal a bit, looks like I was able to make payment from my PayPal balance and it doesn't look like I was charged any 1% fee.  Before making payment it showed me a conversion of my USD payment to AUD, but I just typed in the USD amount over the conversion and then changed it AUD to USD and that seemed to work.  At least as far as I can see on my end.

That's exactly what I did and also did not get charged any fees.

Offline DigitalNick

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
My 2017 KotCT medals Payment is complete.
Thank you for your all your hard work in facilitation this years medals.
I really look forward to having these in my collection.

Offline TwoShadows

Still waiting for my bank confirmation on the money transfer to PayPal. After it is received the payment can be made immediately. Should be very soon.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

Hey Barry the money should be arriving shortly. Let me know if you got it! Thanks for being patient!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

Hey Barry the money should be arriving shortly. Let me know if you got it! Thanks for being patient!

Yep...got it, thanks Terry

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline CascadeChris

All paid up. Thanks guys!

Offline AdamL

Have I paid for a medal? I honestly can't remember.  :-[

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline TwoShadows

Re: Paypal Issues for 2017 KotCT medal payments
September 15, 2017, 12:26:23 AM
Check is in the mail and headed for Ohio. Let me know when it arrives!

Terry
Knight #1

voyageur

September 18, 2017, 01:03:45 PM
Wonder what the chances might be that we will see at least some initial concept design before the October 10th Anniversary Date ?  8)

Offline DigitalNick

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Sent JS the check for my medal order on 9/12
Off to Ohio I go!

Offline BruceS

• Member Knight
September 22, 2017, 12:29:28 PM
Check also sent to Jim, please let me know when received. What is the time frame when he starts to work on the medals? and does he complete them all before shipping or are they piece mailed? just curious.

Offline SirStacksALot

September 22, 2017, 03:53:47 PM
So far we have received over half of the repayments by check from the members that have received the paypal refunds. 

I sent a check to Daniel Carr today for $5000, and will send the rest when the funds arrive.  We have a balance of $2976.10 left to pay. 

I have received repayments from the following members so far:. Hootowl, Usarok, BruceS, Felinfoel, Digital Nick, Twoshadows, AdamL, CascadeChris, SirShipe, and 78sean.

The following users thanked this post: BruceS

Offline Pocketcoins

September 23, 2017, 12:57:48 AM
I see I'm not listed and I have not received anything from pay-pal. What is the status of my payment.

What a headache this must be for you.   ::) ::)

Offline SirStacksALot

September 23, 2017, 01:08:10 AM
It has been a lot of extra work, we only had to refund funds to some of the members.  We were able to make a $7000 payment to Daniel Carr before PayPal locked the account.  Your payment was not refunded David, and the funds you sent via PayPal are already with Daniel Carr.

The following users thanked this post: Pocketcoins

Offline CA Collector

September 23, 2017, 04:54:35 AM
It has been a lot of extra work, we only had to refund funds to some of the members.  We were able to make a $7000 payment to Daniel Carr before PayPal locked the account.  Your payment was not refunded David, and the funds you sent via PayPal are already with Daniel Carr.

Thanks for the update.

I'll admit I was a bit worried after reading the other thread starting in August: http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.org/index.php?topic=5518.0

I thought the worst -- that ALL funds were locked. Glad to hear I was mistaken. And VERY glad to hear that significant funds have already gone thru to Mr. Carr.

Hopefully it's fully sorted now.

And many thanks for your efforts on this Quest.