Medallion Quests > 2018 Medallion Quest

Another Quest Has Begun !

<< < (2/52) > >>

Felinfoel:

--- Quote from: D. Carr on March 29, 2018, 11:40:22 AM ---If all the above recommendations are enacted, resulting product options would be:

39mm brass semi-proof-like
39mm brass antiqued

39mm copper semi-proof-like
39mm copper color-toned

39mm silver semi-proof-like (1-troy-oz)

50mm silver semi-proof-like (3-troy-oz)

This plan would also allow me to spend some more time focusing on the design itself.

--- End quote ---
I'm in! Love the 3-ounce!

D. Carr:

--- Quote from: Voyageur on March 29, 2018, 12:48:24 PM ---I like "Daniel's Plan". While a lot of options are nice to choose from, it does make production more complicated and should certainly be considered. The 50mm 3oz silver option would make me a Happy Knight ! Now all we need to do is decide on what the design should look like and I'm a thinkin' perhaps Knights standing at the Coin Table ?

--- End quote ---

That would require a lot of effort in the sculpting. But it is a possibility.
I was also thinking of something like this (or even exactly like this, but with a "2018" date):

CA Collector:
I agree completely with Dan's product options -- especially that 50mm 3oz silver!

D. Carr:
It has also been suggested that the 2018 medal could be in a "cob" (hammered) style.
The design example I previously posted could be used on a cob. But any such cob would have to be silver only (not brass or copper).

Here is an example of a large 4-troy-oz silver cob that I made some time back:

Here is a slightly revised (improved) design in a 1-troy-oz silver cob:

D. Carr:
If the antique finish is not offered on silver (as I suggested) then here is what the same cob would look like in brilliant satin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version