May 18, 2024, 06:48:57 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline Paint Your Wagon

Funniest little whorehouse in Nevada
October 27, 2008, 10:42:18 PM
I guess you all heard about or saw the musical film with Dolly Parton The funniest little whorehouse in Texas

The first part of Nevada story is true the second part is supposed to be funny ( copied from the stoolforum)

Back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed.
Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze??? How can that that be??????

I have a theory as to exactly why this happened. It's really quite simple:

After running the business for a little while, the government realized that the whores were making a lot more money than the waitresses, and that this was "unfair," so they raised the "house cut" on the whores to 60% of which 15% went directly to the waitresses. At this point the whores realized they could become waitresses and make just slightly less than they were making whorin' (and with much less chafing) -- so the whores quit whorin' and became waitresses. Then the gov't realized they didn't have enough whores to support all the waitresses, so they mandated that some of the bartenders must become whores. The bartenders never wanted to be whores to begin with, so the bartenders quit, leaving the brothel with a whore shortage, at which point the regular Johns stopped showing up.

The government then promoted some of the waitresses to bartend, but the waitresses didn't know how to mix drinks and thought that a "7 and 7" was 14, so the regular bar customers stopped coming. The government then decided that the real reason their business was failing was because of rampant sexism, so they decided to hire more men to keep the workforce "equal." This helped for a short while, as homosexual clients became a new source of profit. However, in short order the government realized that now the women weren't making "equal pay" anymore, and they decided to cut the pay for the men, at which point the men all quit and went on to fulfil their dreams of becoming interior decorators.

In the end, the government decided that Whorin' and Booze simply weren't viable business models. A $4 million study by the special House Task Force on Whorin' confirmed this conclusion, and the government decided that it was better off sticking to running gambling and lotto games -- so they sold the brothel to the Chinese.

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
Re: Funniest little whorehouse in Nevada
October 28, 2008, 09:11:33 AM
Leave it to the Government ...

Although I have to admit I'm surprised they took any direct action at all.  I would have thought they would have diverted all actions into a Committee, and then into subcommittees.

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline TwoShadows

October 28, 2008, 12:57:46 PM
If they had only moved it to Indiana and called it a hobby shop it would have worked! ;D I have always wanted to run my own business. One that I could really be involved in!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Paint Your Wagon

October 28, 2008, 10:28:22 PM
well you should see the film Irma la Douce with Shirley Mclaine ; love that film

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way