An Irish Point of View!!
August 13, 2008, 01:54:42 PM
'We in  Ireland can't figure out why you people are even bothering to hold
an election in the  United States .

On one hand, you had a pants wearing female lawyer, married to another
lawyer who can't seem to keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated
primary against a ........

.... lawyer, who goes to the wrong church, who is married to yet another
lawyer, who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run!

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with
the appropriate 'Mc' terminology, ......

.......married to a good looking younger woman who owns a BEER
distributorship!!

What in God's name are ya lads thinkin over in the colonies! ?????

It's a NO BRAINER.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
Re: An Irish Point of View!!
August 13, 2008, 08:40:19 PM
*Dies laughing.*   That's a hell of a good way to put it!

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline TwoShadows

August 14, 2008, 01:19:57 PM
The way I see it the American people have a chance to do what is right or make the biggest mistake of this century. And the more I hear and read about one of the candidates is of grave concern and the media is FAILING to report to the American people. The sad part is the mere fact the young and dumb will play a major role in this election right along with all the illegals that will somehow manage to get the right to vote. We could be in real trouble and don't even know it yet!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
August 14, 2008, 08:43:39 PM
What frightens me to the extreme is how the younger generation feels one of these candidates is something akin to the next Saviour from Heaven.  I am really afraid of what might happen if they elect him.

Topher

August 15, 2008, 12:59:18 AM
Will all of the dead people and convicts get to vote this time, too?

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 06:52:56 AM
What frightens me to the extreme is how the younger generation feels one of these candidates is something akin to the next Saviour from Heaven.  I am really afraid of what might happen if they elect him.

Oh, you mean that celebrity that is sunning his bum in Hawaii?

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
August 15, 2008, 07:10:43 AM
Yes, him. I'm serious!  My parents, my husband and myself went out to dinner this past Father's Day. One of the servers caught our attention as he had the same uncommon first name as my father.  He came over, we spoke for a few minutes, and we were utterly shocked and dismayed as the line passed his lips:  "I work three jobs, but after we elect Obama, I won't have to work so hard! He's going to save us all."  ... and he meant it.  *shudders.*

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 09:35:12 AM
I think this week I lost all faith that Obama can manage an international crisis.  He opined on the Georgian war through a press secretary, and had nothing stirring to say.  I think that is how he would handle Pootie Poot and Ahmedinejad.  I think we need a Reaganesque president right now.  I believe times are going to get tough, Russia is going to keep screwing around a bit here, more there, until they are back to their old USSR tricks.  We need a leader that can stand up to these "reformed" commie bastards.

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
August 15, 2008, 11:20:48 AM
Amen to that brother! :)

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Offline AdamL

August 15, 2008, 11:40:30 AM
Hilarious! The original post that is.

I just wish we had more choices on who to vote for. I am scared of Osama though. er, Obama I mean.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
August 15, 2008, 11:45:06 AM
Did you know his middle name is Hussein? And Barack was the name of Mohummad's horse? Bet you won't here that on the "boob-tube"! :o

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
GRANDFATHER of 9

KurtS

August 15, 2008, 11:47:16 AM
I don't wish the next presidency on anyone. Whoever takes the reigns will have their hands full simply getting this country on track--if that's on the agenda.  ::)

scottishmoney

August 15, 2008, 01:47:51 PM
She is my Prime Minister:

Don't you Americans wish you had her leading your country? ;D

Offline AdamL

August 15, 2008, 05:08:41 PM
Did you know his middle name is Hussein? And Barack was the name of Mohummad's horse? Bet you won't here that on the "boob-tube"! :o

I knew his middle name was Hussein, but not about the horse.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline TwoShadows

August 16, 2008, 01:04:50 AM
I can't believe Scottishmoney actually posted that photo again!!! It took me weeks to get over the last photo! I would suggest we just bring her over here (she can stay at my house) and we will work on her getting elected!

The media is so overwhelmed that one of our Presidential candidates is black that they refuse to look for the REAL truth. Sorry, we do NOT have a black man running for president unless the 6% in his blood line qualifies as black? Is anyone asking about the other 94%.

Of course we might mention experience as well. McCain has over 20 years in Congress and over 20 years in the military and Obama has less than 200 days in Congress. Is anyone really paying any attention to these numbers?

I also can't help but think of all those Americans looking for a great savior to save us? At the same time those same Americans also believe there will be a great anti-christ come forward to deceive the world? Guess they aren't doing much thinking either? And, quite honestly, what do we need to be saved from at this particular time in history? Governments and Religion?               Houston WE have a problem!!!

Terry
Knight #1

scottishmoney

August 16, 2008, 04:27:02 AM
I can't believe Scottishmoney actually posted that photo again!!! It took me weeks to get over the last photo! I would suggest we just bring her over here (she can stay at my house) and we will work on her getting elected!

Yuliya is a formidable politician, you cannot sink her.  She has evoked the wrath of Russia and for quite some time had an indictment going there on something trumped up similar to the Khodorovsky scandal.  She is a consummate player in politics, very much a people person, very direct in her approach etc.  I think her sex has largely kept her out of the presidency, but there is no doubt in Ukraine who really pulls the strings, it is not President Yushchenko or his rival Yanukovych.

KurtS

August 16, 2008, 04:44:12 AM
Scottishmoney,
I can see the intelligence/enlightenment in the eyes of your PM. Either way, a person's eyes hide nothing.  I would vote for her.

...overwhelmed that one of our Presidential candidates is black that they refuse to look for the REAL truth

It suggests to me that we're far less removed from the euro-centric tribalism which we supposedly left across the pond to become a "melting pot". America is hyper-focused on their supposed "Anglo-Saxon" roots. Not to offend anyone here--just a perspective from a non-Anglo American.
It's too bad we can't elect a large, loud, and exuberant Nigerian-born man. There's culture clash for ya!  j/k  ;)

same Americans also believe there will be a great anti-christ come forward

Crazy...but it seems people actually believe this. I think those fundamentalists have nothing better to do than search in the shadows for an enemy.

Well, my post is rather pointless...sorry.  ;D

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
August 16, 2008, 04:57:02 AM
Nigerian born? Not for me, thanks. I'll go with White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, nothing else!  :)

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
GRANDFATHER of 9

scottishmoney

August 16, 2008, 06:40:25 AM
Nigerian born? Not for me, thanks. I'll go with White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, nothing else!  :)

Do white Anglo-Saxon Mormons count?

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
August 16, 2008, 07:17:09 AM
Mormons are a 19th century CULT, Protestants broke away from the " MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS" (Revelation 17:5), the Catholic "church" in the 16th century. :) 

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
GRANDFATHER of 9

scottishmoney

August 16, 2008, 10:55:34 AM
Mormons are a 19th century CULT, Protestants broke away from the " MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS" (Revelation 17:5), the Catholic "church" in the 16th century. :) 

We have a Mormon breakaway church across the street.  They leave us alone, and we leave them alone.  At least they are the mind your own damned business and stay the hell of my driveway sect. The mainstream Mormons(Utah) are a different sect from this one, and they are the in your face and on your doorstep telling you about Moroni(Macaroni?) and Joseph Smith.  Some of those mainstream kind of dudes got their van stuck in our driveway one winter a few years ago.  And we just sat in our front window and watched them try to get their van out of the ice and snow, it actually was kind of humorous watching them - they thought we would cave and go help them.  They learned.

The Mormons see themselves as pretty mainstream.  Generally they are conservative and vote so.  They do not consider themselves a cult in the sense that they actually have become a fairly voluminously sized faith. Of course with a history of plural marriage, and so many families procreating better than rabbits, it is no surprise that the faith has grown.

And... back on topic.  Mitt Romney is a practising Mormon. 

Offline TwoShadows

August 17, 2008, 06:35:05 AM
KurtS the point I am trying to make is the mere fact ANYONE can start a rumor and it will spread like wildfire. As I have said many times before, "Find a fool who is not afraid to speak up, truth or not, and see how many scared folks jump on the bandwagon." Most people are followers, not leaders, and it doesn't take much to stir up a nest of sleeping hornets! Quite honestly the world has suffered tremendously throughout history based on two predominate reasons----governments and religion. Who really can say what is right and wrong as it changes almost daily according to where one might live? :P

Terry
Knight #1

KurtS

August 17, 2008, 06:43:57 AM
Quite honestly the world has suffered tremendously throughout history based on two predominate reasons----governments and religion.

Agreed, and my apologies if I missed the gist of your point. I'm just bemused by the whole "race" issue with Obama--because he strikes me essentially American--good enough by me on that note. Whether he's qualified to be pres. is another question  :)

I'm also saddened how religion is used as a lever to control individual will, as I view the matter as one entirely of personal choice.  :)

Topher

August 18, 2008, 01:43:42 AM
Of course we might mention experience as well. McCain has over 20 years in Congress and over 20 years in the military and Obama has less than 200 days in Congress. Is anyone really paying any attention to these numbers?

I believe that there are a lot of people who would rather elect someone who hasn't spent all that time in the government, as a way to shake up the system.  Too many people are disillusioned by politicians that experience is seen as a detriment.  Personally, I'd prefer to see a successful businessman become president, because he should know how to operate a system on a balanced budget, or better yet, a return on an investment.

scottishmoney

August 18, 2008, 03:58:15 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to see a successful businessman become president, because he should know how to operate a system on a balanced budget, or better yet, a return on an investment.

Well my friend, you just eliminated President George W. Bush as a qualified candidate.  Until he got into the Texas Rangers ownership, he was a miserable failure at every venture.  He may have even played hooky from the National Guard.

But yes, I agree we need someone that is good in business to lead the country.  Ross Perot was good in business, he ran in 1992, and gave a pretty good performance.  But he had some problemas en la cabeza issues(CIA bugging his daughter etc.) that came out and made him seem like a kook.

Michael Bloomberg would have been the most qualified based on business performance for this election, but while he is a conservative and has a support base, I suspect he might have some skeletons.

KurtS

August 18, 2008, 06:46:15 AM
But yes, I agree we need someone that is good in business to lead the country.

Or a good background in economics as it pertains to our domestic situation--and a will to benefit the greater good.
After numerous corporate debacles, I'm afraid that a businessman could easily manipulate foreign policy for mere profit of vested interests.
Course, that would probably be the exception.  ;)