May 18, 2024, 08:01:12 AM

News

Medallions   

Topher

• Trade Count: (0)
Oil Change Instructions
March 25, 2008, 12:37:06 PM
Oil Change instructions for Women:

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.

2) Drink a cup of coffee

3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Money spent:
Oil Change: $20.00
Coffee: $1.00
Total: $21.00

==========

Oil Change instructions for Men :

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.

2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.

3) Open a beer and drink it.

4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.

5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.

6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.

7) Place drain pan under engine.

8 ) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.

9) Give up and use crescent wrench.

10) Unscrew drain plug.

11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.

12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.

13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.

14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.

15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.

16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.

17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.

18) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.

19) Remember drain plug from step 11.

20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.

21) Drink beer.

22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.

23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer.

24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess skin between knuckles and frame.

25) Begin cussing fit.

26) Throw stupid crescent wrench.

27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.

28) Beer.

29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow.

30) Beer.

31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.

32) Beer.

33) Lower car from jack stands.

34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during any missed steps.

35) Beer.

36) Test drive car.

37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.

38) Car gets impounded.

39) Call loving wife, make bail.

40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:
Parts: $50.00
DUI: $2500.00
Impound fee: $75.00
Bail: $1500.00
Beer: $20.00
Total: $4,145.00
But you know the job was done right!

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Re: Oil Change Instructions
March 25, 2008, 05:56:32 PM
So true Chris!  It's good to know that we ladies are still getting things done so efficiently.  ;D ;D ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline Snooba

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
March 27, 2008, 08:56:09 PM

I love that!

Offline Muckeye

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Master Collector
March 27, 2008, 09:44:52 PM
 :'( :'( :'(Tell it's not true.
regards,

Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Offline AdamL

March 28, 2008, 08:55:11 AM
Nice one Topher!

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Topher

March 28, 2008, 11:34:04 AM
Unfortunately, I can relate all too well.  At least up until the test drive part.  I never got that far.  :D

Dumanyu

March 28, 2008, 11:42:38 AM
Topher,
    That must be how they do it in Canada. Here in the States, you left out the part about dumping the used oil on the bonn fire, starting a raging fire carried on strong winds, which starts the benches around your fire pit ablaze.
     After scrambling for buckets and water to put the blazing benches out, you ask your best friend (or at least I did), why doesn't he move his benches farther away from the pit. The benches are just 2 x 4's attached to logs.

The answer I received was "how can I move them when the tree stumps are in the ground"?

I said, "Like this", and lifted the benches farther away.

He had recently just moved into this house and assumed that the previous owner just cut down tree and nailed 2 x 4's to the stumps.

Sharp as a golf ball, that one.

Topher

March 28, 2008, 12:20:02 PM
Actually Fred, that was how I did it in the US.  It's too cold for too long up here to bother.  Besides, my wife would never let me back in the house the way I used to look after an oil change.

I used to have some "sharp" buddies like yours, too.  LOL  I asked one of them once, how to spell PA (as in Pennsylvania).  His answer?  "P-E-A-E".  Same guy used to get the answers mixed up to the Helen Keller jokes, which made them all the funnier.  He always thought we enjoyed him telling the jokes, so he'd tell more, and we'd laugh so hard we finally had to tell him to stop.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
March 28, 2008, 01:10:48 PM
I just did an even easier oil change.

Step 1. Drive car till all oil is used up.
Step 2. Pour 5 liters of oil in sump.

Done.

I treated my engine with teflon some time ago and I had actually run out of oil and didn't even know. No oil warning light, no overheating and no rattling.
I need to check that warning light though.

I would recommend Nulon E30 teflon treatment to anybody. Available at you local Repco store (in Aus.), in Queensland see Buda. 

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline Humpybong

March 28, 2008, 10:34:26 PM

OIL?????  What oil?

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline AdamL

March 29, 2008, 06:36:18 AM
Wait a minute...How am I supposed to know when its been 3,000 miles ???

;D 8)

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 29, 2008, 07:34:07 AM
I have a car for dumb people
A red lights goes on and a text saying oilchange
But I do not get anything in exchange for the oil ; so why should I give it away ?
A moneyexchange does not give money away either why should an oil exchange give oil away ?

A few years back the government found a high level a of pcb's in chickens from their food cause they had put tranformator oil in their food
I can understand pcb's are not healthy
But was is wrong with good motor oil  ??? ??? ???

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Dumanyu

March 29, 2008, 04:38:47 PM
At least the new car (I just bought a new car 8 days ago), tells me when the oil life is over, so I can't goof that up.

Offline GregK

March 29, 2008, 08:33:11 PM
correct instructions are so important.  Many years ago, I attended a military four week intensive heavy vehicle driving course.  After two days theory, we were instructed on the very important process of daily inspections. These can take up to 45 minutes if done properly.  We were advised to check the oil  ;D 
etc etc and add fluids if required.  However, we were not advised on how much and where to verify the levels on the dipstick.  I had finished my vehicle and written up the report, when another trainee asked me what the correct oil level was.  I was about to answer when the instructor bellowed out, JUST FILL THE DAMN THING UP".  Five minutes later, it was reported as full, with oil seeping out of the dipstick hole.     

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 29, 2008, 10:05:54 PM
When I started working I had like 90 fellow univ engineers most of them mechanical engineers working in maintenance and construction etc
and as a chemical engineer I was the dumb duckling
I got very friendly with two of them and one day this guy who knows everything mechanical sheepishly told me about his oil change on his 280 Mercedes car

The garage was kind of dark since a few bulbs where gone ( no time to replace) and he bought everything kind of wholesale if you now what I mean in very look alike 20 liters containers (about 5 gallon cans )
Anyway , in his hurry he took the wrong can and after driving half a mile he started belching out black smoke ( or rather his car did )
Turns out he had filled up the cartersump with liquid brown soap  ;D

He did not drive for the next ten days and virtually worked half nights to fix the little error so I gave him the bright red stickers with the word oil in large black lettres on them like chemical engineers use for all chemicals  :D

Offline Paint Your Wagon

March 29, 2008, 10:13:34 PM
This brings me to a related English humour episode

My friend the doctor was an englishman at the other end of a product emergency line
One day another englishman phones him in total panic
He had a 100 000 pounds worth race horse and by accident he just finished washing his race horse when he found out he used the herbicide round up .So in panic he phones the emergency line and gets my english friend and tells the story and asks what to DO ???

Now Round up is phantastic and totally harmless . So my english friend tongue in cheeck says he is afraid nothing can be done any more and the horse is in no danger but the horse is going to loose all its hair  :P :P :P