Offline Sap

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • The Numismatichemist
Wanted: a USA 20¢ coin
January 02, 2008, 02:12:51 AM

Denomination: Twenty cents.

Year: Don't care. The cheapest and commonest, I suppose.

Condition: Legible. I don't expect too much for my price range.

Certification: None. No slabs, please.

Price: Negotiable; preferably under $150, will go higher for a nice coin from a fellow Knight.

Payment method: bank debit (Australia only), Paypal, trade in kind is also negotiable, especially if you need help hunting down pricier Australian coins.

For shipment to: Australia.

I know, I know, there's lots on eBay to choose from. Frankly, I trust you guys more.

KoCT #21

The early bird gets the worm, sure, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline TwoShadows

Re: Wanted: a USA 20¢ coin
January 02, 2008, 09:56:41 AM
Sap I can pick up a twenty cent piece in good (all features remain) for $120.00 USD but will need to let my dealer know I want it pretty quickly as they don't last very long in our local coin shop. Can't find anything any cheaper at this time and the high grades are through the roof if you know what I mean!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Sap

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • The Numismatichemist
January 02, 2008, 10:21:35 AM
I know. ::)

I'm interested. Any chance of seeing a pic?

KoCT #21

The early bird gets the worm, sure, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline TwoShadows

January 02, 2008, 02:02:26 PM
That would be tough for two reasons. I don't have a picture and even if I did I have never posted one. Let me check to see if the coin is still available and we can go from there. One thing is for certain, regardless of whether the coin if for me or someone else I am very picky and tighter than bark on a tree. The problem you run into with some of the U.S. classics is availability at any given time so we pretty much have to take what is available when our dealers get them. We can always upgrade later should another coin come on the local market or play the Ebay game. With some classics one can throw the price lists out the window as their will always be someone who will pay the price to get them. I will keep looking to see what I can come up with and I am sure some of the other members here will do the same.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)