May 11, 2024, 11:11:12 AM

News

Medallions   

Topher

• Trade Count: (0)
Wanted: Counterstamped Lincoln Cents
November 14, 2007, 02:57:23 PM
As it says, I'm after those Lincoln cents that someone had the audacity to punch something into.  I've got one lonely one, but a few more are on their way.  I have yet to find any collective resource as to the various designs punched into the Lincolns, and I don't know of anyone else who is collecting them.  I guess that's why I want them.  If anyone has some they don't mind parting with, or if you come across any that you don't mind giving up, please let me know.  I am willing to entertain trades, etc.

Thanks,

scottishmoney

Re: Wanted: Counterstamped Lincoln Cents
November 14, 2007, 10:47:57 PM
When I was doing my cent searches from boxes purchased at the bank last year I found one that had the Bicentennial stuff from 1976 stamped on it.  If I can find it, or rather when I can find it, I will gladly send you.  But it might be a few months!

Offline TwoShadows

November 14, 2007, 11:18:11 PM
The only other counterstamped Lincoln I have seen had an image of JFK stamped on it. Don't know if I have one around here or not but will watch for it!

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Topher

November 15, 2007, 04:11:53 AM
Greatly appreciated guys.  I figure this could take me a while to put together, so I have no time constraints.

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
November 15, 2007, 07:24:37 AM
Aha!  It found me. :)  Oddly enough it was sitting in the box of coins on the left of my desk, so no real searching required. :D

All I need now is an address to which it can be sent. 

... and, just in case someone gets confused, I originally answered the thread you had on the CCF forums.  I just spend a lot more time poking about here. >.>

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
November 18, 2007, 12:02:29 AM
Hi! I'm nighthawk. I am new to this forum. I think I have a few counterstamped Lincoln cents around here someplace.....  a couple with the masonic emblem, and a few with states punched into them. Let me know if you'd be interested in them.

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

edix

November 18, 2007, 05:47:50 AM
Here's some counterstamped nickels I just picked up:

Topher

November 18, 2007, 08:58:53 AM
Nighthawk, I'd certainly be interested in them if you don't mind.  Fire me a PM and we can work out the specifics.

Edix, got a spare one of those?  Since my initial request, I've had a few offers for other stamped coinage (modern day coins, of course), so I was thinking of expanding it to include other denominations as well.

Thanks, all.  This seems to be a fun little side project for me now.

Topher

December 03, 2007, 12:36:40 PM
Got Kitty's contribution today.  Thanks for the extra.  It's going to lead me down a different path, but one that I think I will enjoy.  If Santa brings me a digital camera, I'll start posting pics.

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
December 03, 2007, 09:16:30 PM
I'm glad they got there safely. :D  Found the extra in the bin at the shop, a day or so before I posted the packet, and though, Why not? 

Also, thanks once again for the Canadian pennies we traded, a while back.  With the big coin show this weekend past, I completed my small cents date collection.  :) There might be some varieties missing, but I'm alright with that since I don't know much about them.  ^^;;

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Topher

December 04, 2007, 06:34:47 AM
I'm glad they got there safely. :D  Found the extra in the bin at the shop, a day or so before I posted the packet, and though, Why not? 

I'm glad you thought that.  It's very neat, but I have to learn more about it, and see if there are others like it.

Also, thanks once again for the Canadian pennies we traded, a while back.  With the big coin show this weekend past, I completed my small cents date collection.  :) There might be some varieties missing, but I'm alright with that since I don't know much about them.  ^^;;
No problem there.  I'll keep an eye out for them next year for you.  If you're ready to get into varieties, just say the word and I'll let you know what you need to look for.  Fortunately, there aren't that many different ones.