Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes > European Coins

Coins dedicated to the 90th Anniversary of the Republic of Estonia

(1/4) > >>

Marek:
Ninety years ago, on 24 February 1918, the Estonian independence manifesto " To All the Peoples of Estonia" was published in Tallinn declaring the Republic of Estonia. On 28 November 1918 the Estonian War of Independence started. The war ended in 1920 when Peace Treaty was signed by Estonia and Soviet Russia on 2 February. The Independence of the Republic of Estonia discontinued in 1940, when the country was occupied and thereafter incorporated into Soviet Union. Estonia's independence was restored on 20 August 1991.
Estonian Pank has issued a set of three collector coins to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia.
The Reverse of the 10 krooni silver coin depicts an oak tree, which is called Wiiralt oak after the engraving "Viljandi maastik" ( The landscape of Viljandi) created by famous artist Eduard Wiiralt. the reverse also bears the nominal value "10 krooni". The avers carries the coat of arms of the Republic of Estonia, the text "Eesti Vabariik" and the year of issue 2008
The Reverse of the 50 krooni gold coin represent a windmill. The windmills in Estonia were built in the 14th century, following the examples of western European trestle windmills. The reverse also bears the nominal value "50 krooni". The avers carries the national coat of arms , the logo  of the 90th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia and the year of issue 2008
The Reverse of the 100 krooni platinum coin depicts barn swallows, Estonia's national birds, whose colour resembles the colours of the Estonian flag. The reverse of the coin also bears the nominal value "100 krooni" and the text "Eesti Vabariik 90". The averse carries Estonia's national coat of arms and the year of issue 2008.
http://www.eestipank.info/pub/et/yldine/pangatahed/pics/coins/ev_pt.jpg
http://www.eestipank.info/pub/et/yldine/pangatahed/pics/coins/ev_au.jpg
http://www.eestipank.info/pub/et/yldine/pangatahed/pics/coins/ev_ag.jpg

Marek

CoinCrusader42:
Very nice coins!!

:) :) :) :)

TwoShadows:
I have looked at Estonia coins available on Ebay and it seems they are either very limited or just hard to come by? At least over here! I do intend to locate something as I have decided to build a KOTCT set with coinage from each member nation. They may end up in a new Excaliber Pet Set but I would like to make room for new nations joining us down the road so I don't know how "mailable" such a set might be? None the less Estonia is now on my list of coins needed!!! ;D 

scottishmoney:
Nice coins, I have a few coins and banknotes from Estonia, but nothing from old state of Estonia(1918-1940) yet.  Coincidentally for those of you that don't know much about Estonia, it is where Skype was developed.

Paint Your Wagon:
For a non English born is that Estland ? I seem to remember they are fantastic in the Eurosong contest  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version