Worldwide Coins & Bank Notes > European Coins

More Scots

(1/4) > >>

scottishmoney:

Scotland Robert I(1306-1329)

Penny, similar to the last penny issued during John's reign, with four mullets of five points. This coin is S-5076 and SRB1D-005. There are two varieties of this coin, one with a bar over the A in GRA, and another without the bar.

And next another coin that just oozes history:

Mary(1542-1567)
This is a Testoon, or five shillings coin struck in .916 fine silver.  This coin was likely designed in Paris, and reflects the marriage in 1558 of Queen Mary to Francis II of France, their monogramme and halved arms are present on this coin.  Like many coins, this coin was countermarked to raise it's value in 1578 with the thistle to re-value it to 7 shillings 4 pence.  In higher grades like this piece, they are quite scarce now.

AuldFartte:
That Mary piece is just beautiful!!!

Paint Your Wagon:
Well to me this is museum material  :D
I would pay to go and see it  ;D
But I prefer my coupe Beemer  ::)

TwoShadows:
I must say I am impressed! Everytime I find something ancient on Ebay it seems evey collector in the world is waiting to take it away from me! Have managed a few ancient Romans for my little guy but really interested in that vast section of years between the Roman Empire and 1700 AD. I will patiently wait for the right opportunity but will put more effort into the Scotish section on Ebay from here on out!!!

scottishmoney:

--- Quote from: Twoshadows on February 28, 2008, 08:49:26 AM ---I must say I am impressed! Everytime I find something ancient on Ebay it seems evey collector in the world is waiting to take it away from me! Have managed a few ancient Romans for my little guy but really interested in that vast section of years between the Roman Empire and 1700 AD. I will patiently wait for the right opportunity but will put more effort into the Scotish section on Ebay from here on out!!!

--- End quote ---

It has been awhile since I have made a significant acquisition from eBay.  Either there is something wrong with the stuff there, or it is grossly overpriced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version