May 02, 2024, 11:09:40 PM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

I am starting this thread to gain insight on how many Gary Burke Memorial medallions we will need to have struck. While nothing is definite at this time we are moving forward with this quest.
Again I will ask Nevol to keep track of orders for this quest and want everyone to know these medallions will be available to anyone who may want them. This will include other coin forums, family or friends. I will also state firmly THIS IS NOT A MONEY MAKING PROJECT. I, along with the other moderators, have determined that we should send a pre-determined amount of medallions to the Burke family when they are complete. There are quite a few Burke family members still with us in our castle so hopefully they will continue to check in with us from time to time.
At this time, not knowing how many medallions we will actually be ordering, I can only guess the price will remain at the $20 level. As soon as I make the final payment on the 2009 Medallion Quest I will have a balance on hand and we should know exactly where we stand. I will continue to keep in contact with Daniel Carr so that we might gain some insight into the time frame needed to complete this quest. Thank you all for your continued support.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline AdamL

I personally will want at least one of these medals. I would also like to donate $20 towards striking medals for Gary's family.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
I would like one Medallion.

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline Templar

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.
I WOULD LIKE ONE GARY BURKE MEDALLION PLEASE......

YOUR SERVANT AND FRIEND--------THE TEMPLAR

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Offline Nighthawk

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • DELTA FORCE
I will take one also, please.

Thank you.

NUMISMATIST
PHILATELIST
BIBLIOPHILE
ART LOVER
AMATEUR HISTORIAN & PHILOSOPHER
GRANDFATHER of 9
COLLECTING COINS SINCE 1971

Offline Humpybong

Count me in for one as well

Thanks Two Shadows for organizing.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
One for me also thanks.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
I'll Take 5 please I know a few people who knew Gary and are no longer active in this or other forums who might like these.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline RenaL

edix

I would like one, since it would be an appropriate commemorative.

Offline Pocketcoins

Put me down for one please.

Offline TKO

Put me down for 2 of them.

One for me and the other for MedicineMichelle. I would like to not only buy it but actually send it to her with a note of condolences.

TKO™

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol please put me down for one. I posted on the other thread but would like to get everything on this one. At this time I think we need a least a half dozen (6) struck for the family. If I remember correctly they are all members of this forum.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

I might ask each of you who would know of any other forums that Gary might have been a member take the time to post an announcement of his passing. I also want everyone who may be interested in having a Gary Burke Memorial Medallion to have that opportunity.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

No I would not ask Richard to go there! Many individuals can do private emails just as Nohope is doing. Thank you.
I will probably order flowers from us, if the membership does not mind, sometime tomorrow.

Terry
Knight #1

edix

I just sent Jim Archibald, of the US Coin Collecting group, a message along the lines being discussed.

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
Please put me down for one Medal, thank you.
I would also like to add an extra $20 towards the Burke Family medals.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline TwoShadows

I am almost overwhelmed by the kindness of this group of people. Every post says so much about Gary Burke's personality. He truly did ship friendship around the world!

I will keep everyone informed when I hear from Daniel Carr as I have asked him for an approximate date on which these memorial medallions may be ready to go.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

I did leave a post on CCF about the memorial medallion but looks like it has been deleted.

I would have thought for this special reason it could have been left.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Muckeye

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Master Collector
One medal for me and Gizmo please.
Plus $20.00 towards the Burke family medals.
regards,  Muckeye and Gizmo.

Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins

I did leave a post on Mom & Dad Site about the memorial medallion but looks like it has been deleted.

I would have thought for this special reason it could have been left.

It got deleted for the same reason this site changes the name to Mom and dad. Its automated I doubt anyone actively deleted the post.
I would suggest e-mail Susan directly.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Offline Humpybong

Thanks Nohope, maybe you can do the notice to advise them of the medallion

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Tobyle

I would like to order a medallion, please.

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
I'll see what I can do but I'm expecting to join a ship today for some deep water exploration off the coast of Brazil and I doubt they will have internet available unless I can convince my company I need to take a sat system for communication.

edix

I just sent Jim Archibald, of the US Coin Collecting group, a message along the lines being discussed.

Jim Archibald kindly made a memorial post (with flowers) in tribute to Gary as a member of US Coin Collecting, and members there have offered their condolences. I added info about Gary's involvement with the KotCT and the proposed commemorative medal:
http://uscoin.ning.com/forum/topics/gary-burke

Offline TwoShadows

I will keep track of donated or raised funds that will go directly towards this project. These funds will NOT be reflected in our KOTCT Treasury.

March 23....Donation from Muckeye.........................$20.00.............$ 20.00
March 24....Donation from Nohope.........................$100.00.............$120.00
March 24....Payment for 8 medallions by Nohope.....$160.00.............$280.00 (8) Medallions
March 26....Payment for medallion for Templar.........$ 20.00.............$300.00 (1) medallion
March 26....Donation from Templar towards costs.....$100.00............$400.00
March 26....Payment for medallion by Tobyle............$ 25.00.............$425.00 (1) medallion
March 27....Payment for medallion by Humpybong.....$ 23.00.............$448.00 (1) medallion
March 27....Payment for medallion by Pocketcoins.....$ 30.00.............$478.00 (1) medallion
March 28....Payment for medallion by ElleKitty..........$ 24.00.............$492.00 (1) medallion
March 28....Payment for medallion by Twoshadows....$ 23.00.............$515.00 (1) medallion
March 29....Payment for medallion by Yass...............$25.00..............$540.00 (1) medallion
March 29....Payment-medallion & donation-AdamL.....$43.00..............$583.00 (1) medallion
March 28....Payment for medallions by Nevol.............$63.00.............$646.00 (3) medallions
March 31....Payment for medallins by TKO.................$40.00.............$686.00 (2) medallions
April 1.......Payment and donation by Skisnowmass.....$80.00.............$766.00 (2) medallions
April 2.......Payment for medallions by Muckeye..........$23.00..............$789.00 (1) medalion
April 2.......Payment for medallion by Madspec...........$23.00..............$812.00 (1) medallion
April 14.....Payment for medallion by Triggersmob.......$23.00.............$835.00 (1) medallion
April 14.....Donation by Triggersmob.........................$20.00..............$855.00
April 22.....Payment for Nevols auction (Pocketcoins)..$29.00..............$884.00 (donation)
April 25.....Payment for mdeallion by Nuggethill.........$23.00..............$907.00 (1) medallion
April 25.....Donation by Nuggethill............................$50.00.............$957.00 (donation)
April 26.....Payment for medallion by Edix..................$23.00.............$980.00 (1) medallion
April 28.....Payment for medallions by Mackinac..........$45.00...........$1,025.00 (2) Medallions
May 3.......Payment for medallions by Jeffrey............$120.00...........$1,145.00 (5) medallions
May 19.....Payment for Nevol's auctions (Templar)......  35.00...........$1,180.00 (With donation)
May 21.....Payment & Donation from Nohope (Nevols auction $60.00  $1,240.00 (with donation)

June 1.....Total payment to Moonlight Mint has been made from the KOTCT Royal Treasury in the amount of $1,275.00 for this quest. Check fees were an additional $4.00 with a total on this date of $1,279.00. The balance of this quest will be moved to the KOTCT Royal Treasury after all medallions are paid for, packaged and shipped. Thanks to all of you for another successful quest.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Humpybong

OK NoHope...leave it to me I will word up something today if I get some free time.

Have a good trip.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Orders for the Gary Burke Memorial Medallion

1....Burke Family...6...$120.00 (maybe reduce this to 5 as TKO wants to personally send 1 to Michelle?)
2....AdamL.............1...$20.00 - Paid
3....ElleKitty...........1...$20.00 - Paid
4....Templar...........1...$20.00 - Paid
5....Nighthawk.......1...$20.00
6....Humpybong.....1...$20.00 - Paid
7....Nevol...............3...$60.00 - Paid
8....nohope587......8...$160.00 - Paid
9....Renal...............1...$20.00
10...Pocketcoins....1...$20.00 - Paid
11...TKO................2...$40.00 - Paid
12...Twoshadows.1...$20.00 - Paid
13...triggersmob...1...$20.00
14...muckeye.........1...$20.00 - Paid
15...Tobyle............1...$20.00- Paid
16...Edix................1...$20.00
17...Longnine........1...$20.00
18...j8burke..........3...$60.00
19...Yass...............1...$20.00- Paid
20...skisnowmass.2...$40.00- Paid
21...gregk.............1...$20.00
22...Ken Nyberg....1...$20.00- Paid
23...Madspec........1...$20.00 - Paid

Total...........41 - $820.00

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

edix

Make sure you've got me down for a tribute medal honoring the CoinCrusader.

btw - I just sent an announcement about the situation to Coin Talk, where Gary was a member since 2004:
http://www.cointalk.com/t99077/

p.s: Doug, one of the admins at Coin Talk, says he's sorry about Gary's passing and suggested I post there once the medals are ready to their open forum.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Make sure you've got me down for a tribute medal honoring the CoinCrusader. (Done)
p.s: Doug, one of the admins at Coin Talk, says he's sorry about Gary's passing and suggested I post there once the medals are ready to their open forum.

edix, Do you think we should order some spares for members of 'Coin Talk'?  Would you be able to ask them for an estimate of how many may be needed?  We wouldn't want anyone to miss out as it will be a one off minting, but by the same token, we don't want to have a lot of them left over. 

Nohope has already ordered 4 extras, but I'm not sure which forum they might be for.

I've also just put up a post on the Aussie forum (ACBO) but haven't mentioned the medallions yet, but if there are many responses, I probably will do so.  There may be 1 or 2 members there who would be interested in obtaining one.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

It would probably be best if someone explained this is basically a subscription order? Any member here can place the order or, if they like they can send the order and payment directly to me. It would be ideal if they could just order from Daniel but then we would be putting a burden on him. I really don't know how much interest there might be away from KOTCT but I am not opposed to offering this memorial tribute to the world. Gary Burke has been a coin crusader since I found him on my first computer. We have been friends ever since and I know, without a doubt, there are others throughout the world who feel the same way.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline NoHope587

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Killer of Coins
Before I leave internet land..
Up my order to 8
payment sent.

why 8?
not because I know 8 people who knew Coincrusader and wanted a medallion. I know 3 who are no longer active in any forums who might be interested.  This project however is going to be very rapid compared to most minting and I am sure there will be people who will miss out through lack of knowledge. I will try to have a small overage on hand to cover this eventuality. If it turns out they are not needed at some date in the future i'll turn them over to KOTCT to be given as awards to who ever they see fit.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Before I leave internet land..Up my order to 8 payment sent. why 8?.......

Done!

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

longnine009

Yes, I'll order one.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol you can mark NoHope PAID at this time. This medallion will be struck in April so it is very important that we get our orders in and make payment in a timely manner. I know this quest was very sudden but in my mind no one would be more worthy than our friend and his family from Colorado. Those grandchildren will cherish their medallions for a lifetime and they will learn as they grow older it takes a pretty darn special knight to warrant the striking of a medalion! Gary was that special!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Nevol you can mark NoHope PAID at this time.
Noted!

I sent a PM to Jon Burke, Gary's nephew this morning (Oz time).  Gave him info re the Medallion plus a link to our forum & invited him to look around or better still to join.  He's interested in getting at least 1 medallion, maybe more. 

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Humpybong

Do you have a firm price for this medallion as yet.   Also what about postage.

Once I have figure will send payment thu PayPal as gift so KOTCT do not pay the fees.

:)    :) :) :) :) :) :)

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

I may be going out on a limb here but let's just go with $3.00 for shipping per member order. I know there will be a few who purchase more than one medallion but I think it will all balance out in the end. I will also be sending any and all Aussie member orders to one address (I hope) so that should balance out as well. Any comments?

Nevol you can go ahead and mark Templar paid for his medallion even though the check has not arrived here in Indiana. Templar says it's is in the mail and thats good enough for me as I want to keep our figures moving upward on this quest. It is going to be a quick one! I might add it is important that each of you let me know for certain what you are paying for as I am still awaiting some payments on the 2009 medallions and I don't want to screw things up! Thanks!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Nevol you can go ahead and mark Templar paid for his medallion even though the check has not arrived here in Indiana. Templar says it's is in the mail and thats good enough for me
Noted

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Tobyle

Payment sent via Paypal.

Offline Pocketcoins

Just waiting on the how much and will pay-pal you just as soon as I know. You may have already said but I must have missed it.

Offline TwoShadows

Hey Nevol I have Tobyle's payment now so give her some good ole Aussie "PAID" stamp of approval.

Pocketcoins each medallion will be $20 and each member, regardless of where he or she lives, will pay $3.00 for first class shipping. I will have to purchase bubble mailers for the 2009 medallion quest so I will just buy some extra for this quest at the same time!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

Hello guys. A nephew of Gary's posted in this thread: http://www.cointalk.com/t99077/ over on cointalk. He is interested in some medals. I Pmed him telling him I was a member of KOTCT and that I could put him in touch  with someone that he could directly order some of the CoinCrusader memorial medals from.

-Adam

edix

That's Jon Burke, apparently Nevol (Nancy) has already contacted him.

Offline AdamL

That's Jon Burke, apparently Nevol (Nancy) has already contacted him.

Ok. I PMed him back, and told him that if he has talked to Nancy she should be able to take care of it. And if he hasn't I'll put im in touch with either her or Terry.

-Adam

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Hey Nevol I have Tobyle's payment now so give her some good ole Aussie "PAID" stamp of approval.

Noted!  ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Humpybong

Jon has joined the Knights and is now a full member.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Jon has replied to my message in Cointalk and has ordered a medallion. I've added his name to the list of orders on Page 2 of this thread.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

AdamL and Nevol PLEASE make sure I get Jon Burke's mailing address so there will be no delay when the medallions are ready. I would appreciate that very much.

Looking back over the past few weeks I again see a handful of people daring to do the impossible. Only this time it is different. Instead of us doing the impossible for our group we are daring to do the impossible for our fallen friend. This quest is unique as it comes from the heart and knowing the world needs more Gary Burke's. In this castle memories are carved and protected. Just as Catman's last silver medallion travels with Excaliber The Pet Set Gary's medallion will remind us of what we all can be and should be and what a small group of men and women with a goal can achieve.

Terry
Knight #1

Yass

Put me down for 1 please.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Terry, I've given Jon some Medallion info, I hope to hear back from him soon.  I've only messaged him via CoinTalk, so as yet I don't have a mailiing address, but I'll make sure I do get it, or get him to send it to you.

Yass - Put me down for 1 please.
  - Noted

I've also upped my own order to 3.  ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline AdamL

I personally will want at least one of these medals. I would also like to donate $20 towards striking medals for Gary's family.

Just wanted to make sure you got my order. I will send $43.00 to Terry some time in the next three days. $23.00 for my own medal and shipping, and $20 towards medals for Gary's family or whatever else it may be needed for.

-Adam

skisnowmass

Sign me up for 2 ....

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol I have received payment from Humpybong and Pocketcoins so you can mark them paid.

I want to remind everyone I am keeping track of incoming funds on the second page of this thread. These funds are dedicated to this memorial medallion quest ONLY and will NOT be shown in the KOTCT TREASURY. While we will be using treasury funds to pay for the sculpting and engraving fees it should be a bit easier for me and my mind to keep monies separate, at least on paper, as I am still accepting payments for the 2009 medallion quest at this time.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Terry, Payment for my 3 Gary Burke Memorial Medallions just sent via Paypal.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Nevol I have received payment from Humpybong and Pocketcoins so you can mark them paid.

Noted

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

edix

I have just posted ordering notices for the Gary Burke tribute medal to both CoinTalk and US Coin Collecting, where Gary was a member of each and folks there have posted their condolences and support. I will have them contact me directly for the full ordering info.

Offline TwoShadows

Thank you Edix. If you will I would like for you to coordinate any medallion orders from those forums? I will accept an order from you and ship the medallions to you for distribution to any members who might request them. That would be a great help on my end.

Terry
Knight #1

edix

I can do it that way. The first, and so far only, person who had responded I gave your email addy to for making payment arrangements.

Offline TwoShadows

That is fine Edix. I just figured these folks more than likely have some contact with you so it would be a more comfortable position for both them and me. I appreciate your efforts concerning all of our quests. Been great having such good friends around the world!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

I have received your payment ElleKitty so NEVOL can mark you as paid! Thanks!

I also have stuck the 23.00 in our envelope so mark ME paid too!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline GregK

One for me too please if possible.

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Jon has now ordered a total of 3 Medallions and I'll be sending him details of how to pay soon. I have to go work at the shop today, so I'm a bit short of time.

He's buying one each for his father, (Gary's only sibling), himself and his 4 year old son.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol you can mark Yass as paid for his medallion. Keep us posted on Jon's order and the address needed to ship after they are struck.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
I put some info re the Medallion in the Aussie Forum a little while ago.  May get a response or two, who knows?
http://www.acbo.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1155&p=12273#p12273

Put in a little about the Yearly Medals too.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol you can mark AdamL paid for his medallion. Thank you AdamL for your extra donation.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Copy  of Reply #28 of this thread, just bringing it to the front.  ;D ;D

1....Burke Family...6...$120.00 (maybe reduce this to 5 as TKO wants to personally send 1 to Michelle?)
2....AdamL..............1...$20.00 - Paid
3....ElleKitty............1...$20.00 - Paid
4....Templar............1...$20.00 - Paid
5....Nighthawk........1...$20.00
6....Humpybong......1...$20.00 - Paid
7....Nevol................3...$60.00 - Paid
8....nohope587.......8...$160.00 - Paid
9....Renal................1...$20.00
10...Pocketcoins.....1...$20.00 - Paid
11...TKO.................2...$40.00 - Paid
12...Twoshadows..1...$20.00 - Paid
13...triggersmob....1...$20.00 - Paid
14...muckeye.........1...$20.00 - Paid
16...Edix................1...$20.00
19...Yass...............1...$20.00- Paid
23...Madspec........1...$20.00 - Paid
24...Topher..........1...$20.00
25...Jeffrey...........5...$100.00
26...mackinac.......2...$40.00

Total...........49 - $980.00

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol please add a medallion for Kenneth Nyberg as he paid this evening. Thank you.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Madspec

I would like one of the medallions.
I will send twoshadows the money in a couple of days.

Thanks
Madspec

SIR MADSPEC  KNIGHT #57
TO SERVE WITH Honor,Respect,and Loyalty

Offline TwoShadows

Hey Nevol you can mark TKO paid as I received his payment this evening. Thanks!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol I have received skisnowmass' payment this evening plus a donation. You can mark him paid and I must ask why does his order read $60 for 2 medallions? Or did he order 3? Just curious.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

I have been in touch with D. Carr today and now need to get in touch with MedicMichelle. Does anyone have her current phone number? I have a number but it doesn't work any longer. Perhaps she has gone to a cell phone only? If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Also does anyone have a GOOD photo of Gary Burke we could borrow for a while. The ones I have are distant or harshly shadowed. Need this quickly as well. Thanks and I await any help I can get on this.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
I have been in touch with D. Carr today and now need to get in touch with MedicMichelle. Does anyone have her current phone number? I have a number but it doesn't work any longer. Perhaps she has gone to a cell phone only? If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Also does anyone have a GOOD photo of Gary Burke we could borrow for a while. The ones I have are distant or harshly shadowed. Need this quickly as well. Thanks and I await any help I can get on this.
I've sent an email to Jon Burke, will let you know when / if he replies.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Nevol I have received skisnowmass' payment this evening plus a donation. You can mark him paid and I must ask why does his order read $60 for 2 medallions? Or did he order 3? Just curious.
Oops! My mistake! :-[  :-[ Just two ordered.

Noted. ;D  :D

TKO's payment Noted.
Order & payment for K Nyberg Noted.

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol at times I think you live in another room in my house. You are MORE than efficient! Definitely a KEEPER! ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol I have received two more payments! Please mark Muckeye and Madspec as paid. Two more outstanding Knights from the U.S. and Australia coming through for a cause!

Terry
Knight #1

Topher

I've been offline for a little while, but would be honoured to have one of these, please add me to the list and I'll get to the Paypal ASAP.

Thanks.

Offline TwoShadows

I have been in touch with Gary Burke's daughter Michelle today and want to pass along a little information at this time. Daniel Carr has requested a nice clear photo of Gary which Michelle will be forwarding to the Moonlight Mint. I think the Moonlight Mint will produce a medallion we can all be proud to have and hold in memory of our friend.
Michelle also expressed her gratitude to each and every member of this forum which her father loved so dearly. She also advised the family will be requesting other medallions, for family and friends, in the very near future.
 I would also like to mention the Knights of the Coin Table had a letter published in the Delta, Colorado newspaper last Wednesday paying tribute to Gary. I had no idea whether or not it would be published but I did want the folks in Delta to know Gary Burke was known and loved around the world.
As soon as I receive any information from the Moonlight Mint I will make sure it is posted here for all to see. Thank you all again for being such a great bunch of collectors I/We are proud to call friends. It truly is almost like a family.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline AdamL

Thanks for the update Terry.

-Adam

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Thanks for all the info Terry.   ;)

A very nice article in the Delta County Independent and a credit to you.    :)

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

edix

Offline AdamL

Great article Terry. I got kind of emotional just now reading it.

-Adam

Offline Humpybong

Very nice of you to write such a great article.   He will never be forgotten now.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline TwoShadows

If any Knights or Knightesses wish to order a Gary Burke Memorial Medallion PLEASE do so in the very near future. Now that the 2009 Medallion Quest has been completed by Daniel Carr and the Moonlight Mint our attention, as well as his, will turn to this memorial quest. We will need to know exactly how many medallions are needed in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Muckeye

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Master Collector
Terry, please disregard this request for another medellion.
I had forgotten that I had already ordered one.
regards.   Muckeye........

Muckeye ~ Knight #30

Offline TwoShadows

Nevol please mark Triggersmob as paid. Thank you.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Nevol please mark Triggersmob as paid. Thank you.
Noted

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Nevol I have received two more payments! Please mark Muckeye and Madspec as paid. Two more outstanding Knights from the U.S. and Australia coming through for a cause!
My acknowledgment's a bit late  ::), but both payments were Noted  8)  ;)  ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Hansenhome

Hi I will take 5 coin's also thank's and $20.00 toward's coin's for the Burke family
Sir  Jeffrey

Offline TwoShadows

Thank you for the order Jeffrey. Nevol are you still keeping track of all of this? ;D Guess I would be lost without my ladies from down under! ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Hi I will take 5 coin's also thank's and $20.00 toward's coin's for the Burke familySir  Jeffrey
Noted!!!

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Templar

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • NUMISMATIST--MASTER OF TRIVIA--HISTORIAN--A.A.N.G.
TWO SHADOWS----IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A COPY OF THE ARTICLE IN THE DELTA NEWSPAPER-----IF IT IS NOT TOO LONG----MAYBE IT COULD BE RUN HERE AND WE COULD DOWNLAOD IT............ANY CHANCE ??? ??? ??? ???

THE TEMPLAR

DRUID
HUMAN  RIGHTS DEFENDER
SWAGMAN/HOBO
BARD
TIME WAS INVENTED SO EVERYTHING WOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ONCE!

Offline TwoShadows

I think someone posted the link but I am not sure where? I am not even sure where I am right now either? I will say if someone would like to post it, preferably in the HISTORY thread, it would remain safely. When it comes to uploading, downloading or unloading I am a total cluts thats why I surrounded myself my computer wizards to take care of me! ;)

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
I wanted to post this in one of the History threads, but I couldn't find a "reply" button in any of them, so I've resorted to posting it here.  Maybe TKO could insert it into one of the Locked History topics.

First, the link to the article Terry wrote about Gary:
http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14255:burke-left-an-impression-on-coin-collectors-worldwide&catid=47:letters&Itemid=338

The Article:

Burke left an impression on coin collectors worldwide

Written by Terry D. Adams    
Wednesday, 31 March 2010 00:00

Dear Editor:

Terry D. Adams

Administrator

Knights of the Coin Table International Coin Forum

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Mackinac

i would be interested in 2 memorial medallions

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

Offline TwoShadows

Our Lady in Australia should confirm that order within hours! We will wait for her reply and go from there.

I would like to add the fact Daniel is working on an image of Gary for the memorial medallion at this time. !/We have been in touch with Michelle to obtain an appropriate photo for the Moonlight Mint to work from. I also know the Burke family is going to be interested in a rather large order of medallions and I/We have already agreed to work with them on their request.

Sometime soon I will post a payment due date which we will need to meet in order to fulfill our financial requirements to this project. I will continue to keep all of you posted as this quest moves forward. Thank you in advance for your support.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
Copy  of Reply #28 of this thread, just bringing it to the front.  ;D ;D

2....AdamL..............1...$20.00 - Paid
3....ElleKitty............1...$20.00 - Paid
4....Templar............1...$20.00 - Paid
5....Nighthawk........1...$20.00
6....Humpybong......1...$20.00 - Paid
7....Nevol...............3...$60.00 - Paid
8....nohope587......8...$160.00 - Paid
9....Renal...............1...$20.00
10...Pocketcoins.....1...$20.00 - Paid
11...TKO...............2...$40.00 - Paid
12...Twoshadows..1...$20.00 - Paid
13...triggersmob...1...$20.00 - Paid
14...muckeye........1...$20.00 - Paid
16...Edix...............1...$20.00- Paid
19...Yass..............1...$20.00- Paid
23...Madspec........1...$20.00- Paid
24...Topher..........1...$20.00
25...Jeffrey...........5...$100.00 Paid
26...mackinac.......2...$40.00- Paid
27...nuggethill......1...$20.00- Paid

Total...........50 - $1000.00

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
i would be interested in 2 memorial medallions
Noted!

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia