May 07, 2024, 07:02:06 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline SirStacksALot

Here will be the place to add to the order for the  2016 KOTCT Merlin medals.  The prices will be figured out with a spreadsheet and posted in a week or two when we have a good general idea of what everyone would like.  I have started the list with my orders, and will update it as knights and knightesses add to their order on this thread.

Offline Kena

Thanks for doing this for us.

A single silver proof medal for me.

Ken

Offline Pocketcoins

I want a Silver Proof and a Copper Proof please.

Offline SirStacksALot

The list has been updated  :)

Offline Humpybong

I would like to order a silver, copper and brass satin finish as well as a morgan overstrike thanks.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline TKO

I would like to order a silver, copper and brass satin finish as well as a morgan overstrike thanks.
---------------------------
I second this order...

TKO

TKO™

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
I would like to order a silver, copper and brass, all in satin finish please.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline SirStacksALot

Offline DigitalNick

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Thank you for organizing this list and order for the new 2016 Merlin Medal.

I would like to order 1 each of all of the basic finish and 1 each of the post strike fancy finishing.

Let me know about the pricing as soon as you have them available.

Thank you.

Digitalnick

Offline SirStacksALot

Offline Usarok

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Collecting in the shadow of Pikes Peak
I'd like to order:

Offline SirStacksALot

OOOOOO fancy order list  :)  Here is the updated lists:

Offline Mackinac

I would like one of each medal including the Morgan overstrike and two of the Antique Silver and the Antique Silver with Selective Gold Blue Black Rhodium Plating medals. Thanks

in all trust there is a possibility of betrayal

Offline SirStacksALot

Offline SirStacksALot

Terry sent a PM to update his order, so here it is:

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
I am in for 2 of each of the regular medals

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline AdamL

You can definitely put me down for a silver proof.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline SirStacksALot

Here are the updated order lists:

Offline AdamL

Will prices be listed before our order is finalized? I would consider adding another medal to my order, but money is tight, so I can't commit to more than the one without knowing prices.

-Adam

Offline SirStacksALot

Prices will definitely be known before the order is finalized.  There are a few more variables needed to calculate the final prices, but I will try to figure out a general idea of the prices next week.  It is hard to calculate prices without knowing how many medals are ordered since the design, sculpting, and die costs are distributed among all the medals.  That said, it looks like we are getting close to the actual order numbers.  I will do the best I can with the current info, but among other things, the price of silver can and will change by the time the order is finalized.  You will still have a chance to add to your order if you would like to.

The following users thanked this post: AdamL, Kena

Offline AdamL

Prices will definitely be known before the order is finalized.  There are a few more variables needed to calculate the final prices, but I will try to figure out a general idea of the prices next week.  It is hard to calculate prices without knowing how many medals are ordered since the design, sculpting, and die costs are distributed among all the medals.  That said, it looks like we are getting close to the actual order numbers.  I will do the best I can with the current info, but among other things, the price of silver can and will change by the time the order is finalized.  You will still have a chance to add to your order if you would like to.

Thank you!

-Adam

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
I'd like 2 of the 40% Ike overstrikes as well

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline SirStacksALot

Here are the updated order lists.  The selective plating costs are estimates.  I will remove the word estimate from the spreadsheets once the prices for the plating is finalized.  Note that the additional price for the finish on the antiqued silver with selective plating will be around $75 for the finishing, since the plating is done twice, and the antiquing is $25.  Please let me know if you would like to remove the antique silver with plating, and I will.

I have added 2 of the 40% silver Ike dollars to Matts order, and I added orders from Jackpot, and Sir Shipe.

Offline Mackinac

You can put me down for 1 40% Ike overstrike.

Offline SirStacksALot

Here are the updated lists for the orders. I have also included a preliminary list of prices for the different types of medals.  These prices are not final, since there are still quite a few unknowns.  I have estimated on the high side for the design and sculpting, so that price may come down a bit.  The prices will also go down if there are more orders are added.  The spot price for silver will change until we are ready to make payment.  The prices for the Morgan and Ike overstrikes are based on the prices from the local coin store.  I will be going to a coin show this weekend, and I hope to get better prices.  I will update the lists as more information comes about.

The following users thanked this post: Pocketcoins, DigitalNick

Offline SirStacksALot

Here is an update on the order list and price list.  I have added an order for August, and I have also added a few proofs to my order.  Every additional order is still bringing down the prices a bit.  So far between a coin show and the local coin store, I bought 8 Ikes, and 8 Morgans for the overstrikes.  The average cost for the 40% silver Ikes was $8.53, and the average price for the Morgans was $22.70.  It is pretty hard to find Morgans without scratches or dings for under $24, so that average may go up a little by the time I find 13.  Here are the updated order sheets and price spreadsheet.

The following users thanked this post: Pocketcoins, DigitalNick

Offline Pocketcoins

When do you think you will have the price's close enough that we can send money? 

The following users thanked this post: DigitalNick

Offline SirStacksALot

I won't be able to calculate the final prices until Daniel Carr is far enough along with the design that he can give us a final price for the design and sculpting.  The spot price of silver will still affect the price until then too.  I'm not sure when he will have it ready, but I don't want him to hurry with the design and sculpting.  Hopefully it will be sometime soon  :)

Offline SirStacksALot

Offline SirStacksALot

Mike Kittle just sent me an email with a good sized order.  I have updated the lists again, and here they are.  His order brought the prices down some more.  Please read the thread above for the rest of the update if you have not had a chance to read it yet.  Thanks for helping the prices go down a little more Mike  :)

The following users thanked this post: Pocketcoins, DigitalNick, Kittlecoins

Offline Humpybong

You can add 1 Morgan over strike and 1 Ike over strike to my list, thanks

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline SirStacksALot

They have been added Barry  :).  I will start the number crunching tomorrow night after 8:00pm, so please let me know if you would like to add any additional orders before then.

For all that did order some of our 2016 Merlin medals, please message me the following:

- the mailing address that you would like me to send your medals to
 - an email address to send your order list and payment instructions to
 - the paypal address that you will be using to pay for your medals

I do have contact information from a lot of the members, but please message me this info even if you have sent your information in the past. I would like to make sure my list is current, and up to date.  Thanks.

Offline Humpybong

Only require 1 (one) Morgan overstrike thanks Jim.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Mackinac

Please add two each of the Copper Satin & Brass Satin and 1 each of the Copper Proof & Brass Proof to my order. Thank you

Offline SirStacksALot

The last two posts have been noted. I have been crunching the numbers all night.  The calculations will be sent to Daniel Carr for approval before starting on the invoices for everyone.  More to come tomorrow  :)

The following users thanked this post: Triggersmob, TKO, Mackinac

Offline TKO

You have done one hell of a job with this.....Thanks!

TKO™

Offline Humpybong

You have done one hell of a job with this.....Thanks!

I will second that.......bloody fantastic job.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Do we have an image of the new medals yet?

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Humpybong

C'mon Steve I know it Merlin....but not that magic yet......has to be designed and made by Daniel Carr first.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight

C'mon Steve I know it Merlin....but not that magic yet......has to be designed and made by Daniel Carr first.

I only meant an image of the design, not the medal it's self. :)

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline SirStacksALot

No image of the design yet Steve, hopefully we will see something the middle of next month.  Daniel Carr said he had a few things that had to be done by then, Merlin is after that.  All of that said, below are the calculations that I have been working on the last 2 nights. 

The first attachment is the order list with the costs owed to Daniel Carr.  The costs of the Morgans and Ikes are not included in this list.  I have sent this list to Daniel Carr for approval, and will start on the payment instructions when he approves the cost list.

The second attachment is the cost list for the Morgans, and the Ikes for overstrikes.  I bought some at coin shows, and some at the local coin store.  This is where part of the price for these came from.

The third attachment is the updated main calculation spreadsheet.  As mentioned at the beginning of this Medallion quest thread, the prices for each medal will be rounded up to the nearest dollar.  The extra change from each medal will stay with Barry in the castle treasury for web fees.  Shipping to each member is not included in the prices of the medals.  This will be collected separately when the actual shipping cost is known.  The spot price for these calculations is $20 right now.  It has been hanging between $19.50 and $20.50 the past couple weeks.  If spot is above $20 when we lock in the price, the difference will be collected with shipping.  Any drop in spot will go to the treasury.

I have also posted the final order lists.

My head is spinning from all the math and calculations.... I went through the main sheet for more than a few hours and found a few small errors form when orders changed, but there is still an unexplained $27 difference from the money owed to Daniel Carr, and the main calculation list total. About $12 can be explained since the paypal calculation is incorrect for the Morgans and Ikes, but this money will be used to ship them to Daniel Carr for overstriking.  About $420 difference is for the cost of the Morgans and Ikes.  The total of $6641 probably makes this amount insignificant.  At this point I don't think it will make a difference since we are rounding them all up.   Thoughts?   

Offline Humpybong

Great job....take some paracetamol and forget it.

All will work out in the wash.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
27 is divisible by 9. You have a transposition error in one of your figures.

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline SirStacksALot

It seems to be a rounding error, since the spreadsheet does all of the calculations. You can see it throughout the spreadsheet if you calculate the numbers manually.  It shows up as an extra buck or two by the time it gets to the total medals ordered column. The amount is less than a half percent.  The cost list sent to Daniel Carr is correct since it uses the actual cost of each part of the process for the calculations.  That said, it wont make any difference in the prices since we are rounding up to the nearest dollar, and leaving the change with the castle treasury.  Daniel Carr sent back an email, and he said everything looked ok with the numbers.  I will begin on the payment instructions tonight.   

If you have not already messaged your paypal email, contact email, and address that you want the medals to come too, please do so when you finish reading this.    Thanks

Offline Pocketcoins

Numbers Numbers and more Numbers  ;D ;D ;D Just tell us how much. We know you will tell us right. I do really appreciate the hard work you have done on the medal once again. Great work.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline SirStacksALot

I've sent invoices by email last night to everyone that ordered a Merlin medal.  If you made an order, and didn't get the email, message me with the email you would like it sent to. Hopefully we can pay for the silver pretty quick, just in case the spot price of silver makes another run up.

Offline Pocketcoins

Offline Humpybong

Payment sent, thanks Jim.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline SirStacksALot

The Morgan's and Ikes are ready to be sent to Daniel Carr.  Quite a nice looking pile of Silver dollars  :)

Offline Paint Your Wagon

paypal gives me the answer that the email address is not valid so I can put no money
however under the email address there are three name abbreviations but I cannot put any money in them
advice me
1 not try friends
2 other email address

KOTCT.Membership@yahoo.com

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline Kittlecoins

Sent payment yesterday :)

Can't wait to see the design and see what I ordered :)

Michael Kittle Rare Coins
http://www.kittlecoins.com

Offline DigitalNick

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
My payment has been sent this morning.
Thank you Barry.

Offline SirStacksALot

paypal gives me the answer that the email address is not valid so I can put no money
however under the email address there are three name abbreviations but I cannot put any money in them
advice me
1 not try friends
2 other email address

KOTCT.Membership@yahoo.com

Barry, can you check in to this. Josh (Jackpot) is also having the same problem.

Offline Kena

I sent my payment to that address about 90 minutes ago with no issues.

Ken

Offline Humpybong

I sent my payment to that address about 90 minutes ago with no issues.

Ken

Yep.....got it thanks Ken

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline SirStacksALot

Josh was able to make his payment by using all lowercase letters to make the payment.  I also just made my payment with all lowercase letters for the email, and it also worked.   Try kotct.membership@yahoo.com  instead of KOTCT.Membership@yahoo.com if you are having trouble making the payment.  The overstamp medals have also been shipped today.

Offline Mackinac

Payment sent

Offline Usarok

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Collecting in the shadow of Pikes Peak

Offline Paint Your Wagon

Payment sent

Where I am going I ain't certain
Where I am going I don't know
All I know is that I'am on my way

Offline Humpybong

Many thanks for prompt payment.

Have sent Daniel Carr $2500 to start the ball rolling.....exciting times ahead.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

The following users thanked this post: Pocketcoins

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Payment sent. :)

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
Barry, did you receive my payment?

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239

Offline Humpybong

Barry, did you receive my payment?

Sure did, thanks

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline AdamL

It completely slipped my mind until today. But I got it paid just in time :D

-Adam

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
Ahhhh!!!! I am paying RIGHT NOW!  So sorry Barry and Jim!

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline MattTheRiley

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Hello World!
Payment Sent!  ;D

Hiding in Oregon, USA

Offline Mackinac

I'm getting anxious to see the 2016 medal design. Any word from D.C.?

Offline SirStacksALot

Daniel Carr did email me on September 8'th.  He said he would be working on our medals very soon, and he would be posting the design when it is ready.   I'm pretty anxious to see the design too.  I don't want to rush him, so he can take the time he needs to think of the best design that he can.  I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Offline Humpybong

I agree...you cannot rush a master craftsman.

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

Offline SirStacksALot

Here are the final spreadsheets for 2016 Merlin medal orders.  These numbers include any last minute orders.  Please let me know as soon as possible if you see any mistakes in this final list.