May 06, 2024, 06:43:37 AM

News

Medallions   

Offline TwoShadows

The Ultimate "Award of Excellence"
February 20, 2009, 08:41:05 AM
While we do offer a "Member of the Year" award I think we should always have an ultimate award should any member stand far and above the rest. I don't see this happening often but figure I should at least get this highest award in writing in the event we ever wish to present such an award.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Offline Humpybong

Re: The Ultimate "Award of Excellence"
February 20, 2009, 09:47:46 PM

We are all equal here.....all members deserve this award

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline TwoShadows

February 28, 2009, 03:51:02 PM
I/We (all the moderators) have been very quietly discussing the first AWARD OF EXCELLENCE being bestowed upon Daniel Carr and the Moonlight Mint. I am honored to be the one to announce such an award has been purchased and mailed to our very own Daniel Carr on February 25th. The official date on the award is February 28th, 2009. Words cannot express our appreciation for Daniels help in bringing our 2007 and 2008 medallion quests to reality. He has gone above and beyond what any other medallion manufacturer or mint would have done for this internet group. Hopefully soon we will have photos posted of this very very unique award and the engraving in which it carries. I/We will never be able to thank him enough for his willingness to work with a bunch of strangers, united by their love of numismatics, who sought that which has never been done before. And now it has been done twice! On behalf of CoinCrusader, Nevol, Humpybong, TKO and myself I thank you for your dedication to this project. And on behalf of each of you we elected to make this award possible. Our goal was to surprise Daniel and to do that we had to remain silent (private emails) and hope that each of you would feel exactly as we did when making this decision. To Daniel Carr, whom we know will eventually read this posting, we would say, "Thank you for your craftsmanship, your trust and faith in this group, and your service". We hold the end results of our relationship with you and your business in our collection as a reminder of many things that we could only find right here in our KOTCT Castle. We are truly proud to have been a part of these impossible quests which together we made possible.

Terry
Knight #1

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
February 28, 2009, 06:36:38 PM
and I'll second that. Many thanks Daniel.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline Humpybong

February 28, 2009, 10:42:26 PM

I agree....many thanks for your time and effort.

Both years medals have been fantastic and you deserve this "Award of Excellence"

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline EgCollector

February 28, 2009, 10:48:17 PM
Congratulations Daniel Carr, and thank you.  :)

Amr :) :) :)

Knight #107

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
February 28, 2009, 11:14:23 PM
Thank you Daniel.  :)  At a recent coin club meeting here, I was listening to Horror Stories of the time they tried to make medals and sell them.  Thanks to you and your hard work, I was utterly surprised to find that this is usually a difficult and costly experience. 

Not to mention, Your work on our medallions looks -far- better than any thing else I've seen. :D

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
March 01, 2009, 07:20:54 AM
Thanks to Daniel for the excellent Medals. The award is certainly well earned! Congratulations!

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline TwoShadows

March 03, 2009, 08:34:47 AM
I have received word Daniel Carr is in possession of this Award of Excellence at this time and it has already been put on display. Hopefully I can get TKO to post a photo in the next day or two.

Terry
Knight #1